FAQ & DIY Frequently Asked Questions & Do It Yourself- Sedan and Coupe. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Hyper-Ground (Earthing) Kit Resource Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2003, 06:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Hyper-Ground Kit-Experiences, Feedback, Etc.

I have a 5AT. Any difference noticed with the 7th wire??

BillR

Old 05-20-2003, 01:11 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hard to say it the 7th did anything by itself, I fancy it did but not sure. Any single wire would make such a small difference.
I think it's a good addition.

<font color=green>GSM</font color=green>

Old 05-20-2003, 01:41 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm running a full length ground to the tranny, not just to the filler tube.

I've noticed slightly smoother shifts on light throttle and a bit crisper on harder throttle. Also the tranny seems to hold the shifts a bit longer, ie. when you floor it, it downshifts and when you lift, the tranny stays in that gear a little longer as though anticipating you to floor it again.

Waiting for some more feedback from others with my 7-wire set-up to confirm impressions. As I said before, the placebo effect may be a factor, so the more impressions, the better.

<font color=green>GG</font color=green>

Old 05-20-2003, 03:47 PM

GG: Your post describes what I've been experiencing thus far in my two days with the kit. Crisper shifts on hard throttle, holding gears longer, downshifting on acceleration (never did it to the extent it does now) and somewhat of a lag on lazy acceleration like "come on, floor it chump, I wanna go". It does definitely run smoother, positively silky in fact. When I'm coasting down my parking garage I can't hear a thing. Almost like the engine isn't even on.

There are a few threads on MY350Z with actual dyno-ed HP and torque gains. Not much but measurable. In the 2-4 hp range.

Look cool too.

03.5 Sedan AT (Black-Willow-Premium-Sport-Aero)

Old 05-21-2003, 12:12 AM

Can anybody confirm whether or not more than 5 wires makes a difference via Dyno? Specifically for the 6MT? TIA

"Use the Forced Induction Luke!"
-Jedi
Ordered 4/03: 2003 G35C, 6MT, Blk/Blk. Loaded ETA ~ 7/03

Old 05-21-2003, 04:33 PM

You guys are really making me want this for my car, I own a 2002 Maxima and read here cuz My brother has a G35coupe

How were the grouding points founded? I wonder if the points are smiliar in our cars since we are really close.
InSaNeAmine1 or gordgee would you happen to know someone with a maxima? I would pay extra if you can make one for me or if you know if they are aailable already.

Thanks

Old 05-21-2003, 06:15 PM
O.F. Administrator

Have a look a these instructions and do a little measuring. Only diff with the Max engine is that it's twisted 90 degrees

54111-Grounding Kit Instructions 001.jpg

Old 05-21-2003, 06:31 PM

I hope that wont affect it too much, our intake manifold is a bit smaller as well, so thats a plus...(But then again not )

Old 05-21-2003, 06:40 PM
O.F. Administrator

Could only affect it in a positive way bro. You just gotta figure out the right lengths tho. If you figure out what lengths you want InSaNeAmine will custom make the set for you. Not sure if he knows those lengths or not.
Email him for info. at: .. InSaNeAmine@***.net G/L dude.....[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-22-2003, 11:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi all!

I installed my grounding kit today! I got the Japanese one from nleonline.com. silver for $115 plus shipping. And your questions is... Noticable? Why, yes! WOW - Holy $#^)! It's like a new ride. The feeling like it just wants to go is amplified by a lot! I was driving suburban roads doing 40ish and the kick that these send to the engine when you step on the gas is awesome! I would say these kits are definitely money well spent. Who gives a honk about any dyno tests when you can feelexactly what's going on immediately.

Installation was fairly painless - lost a nut and one of those plastic rivets in the battery housing and cut up one of my knuckles a little. Overall though this was not difficult and I'm not any kind of a mechanic! These with the new Stillen intake make my car feel much peppyer and adds a whole lot of spunk to owning a G35!

See you in my rear view mirror!

2003.5 G35 Sedan
Premium
Bose
Sunroof
Bi-Xenon's
Aero/Sport
Winter
Splash Guards

Old 05-23-2003, 06:55 AM

My kit should be in my hands early next week! I'm excited to install it. I'm glad to hear you thought it was relatively easy, as the most I've ever done on my G is replace the fog/high beam bulbs and install under-dash mood lighting. I've never worked much in the engine compartment, itself. Thank goodness for pictures!!! There are some good ones in this thread...but if anyone has more that show exact connection points, that'd be nice. I'm pretty sure on where the basic 5 wire kit connects...but, the 6th and 7th are probably gonna stump me for a while.

Old 05-23-2003, 09:46 AM
Administrator

#6 is easy, it goes from the front engine ground point to the factory grounding bolt on the strut tower just beside the airbox. The full length ground to the tranny (#7) is fairly easy to see once you're under the car. MAKE SURE you use ramps or jack-stands before getting under your car!!! It grounds to the bolt holding a strip-type clamp holding a wire loom on the tranny. A bit harder to get at, but not too bad.

Old 05-23-2003, 10:13 PM

Yeah, like gordgee sez! Use a jackstand or a ramp. And remove it before you drive off too.....[img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img] Chiphead, did you ever get that powerduct flap installed on the Stillen? Forgot to mention that if you tap the underside of the plastic rivit, the flap rivits come out fairly easy.

Limited Edition Twilight Blue / Premium / Graphite / Xenons

Old 05-23-2003, 11:46 PM
Administrator

Chiphead:

That's the 5-wire Hyper-Ground Kit from SunAuto right? Did you use the same ground points as most of us?

Mbarrad:

Now that you've had a chance to drive with your kit installed, any further impressions? Notice anything in the tranny effects?

Old 05-24-2003, 12:11 PM

great thread, lots of damn smart people...

i noticed that most of you are doing this on the 5AT... has anyone installed on a 6MT? if so, are you as happy with the results as those w/5AT?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hyper-Ground (Earthing) Kit Resource Thread