Girl murdered in my neighborhood

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 05:41 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Girl murdered in my neighborhood

My mom called me today and said she saw on the news where a girl was murdered in my neighborhood, apparently by her ex-boyfriend. It happened in the "other side" of the neighborhood where there are more rentals and the homes aren't as nice. It looks like a case of domestic violence, so I'm not worried. Poor girl.

http://www.wftv.com/news/10096116/detail.html

Woman Fatally Stabbed, Man Injured In Orange County

POSTED: 12:20 pm EDT October 17, 2006
UPDATED: 5:31 pm EDT October 17, 2006

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- A UCF student was fatally stabbed and deputies suspect her ex-boyfriend, who was also stabbed, is to blame. Nhat Ahn Tran, 20, was found dead on Cypress Trail Drive near Lake Underhill and Rouse Road in Orange County.

There were three other people sleeping in the house off Lake Underhill near Rouse Road early Tuesday morning when the couple was found stabbed in a bedroom.

Detectives believe 30-year-old Loc Tran (no relationship to the murder victim) may be responsible for the crime, after two people were found stabbed in a home in the Woodland Lakes subdivision in east Orange County.

A roommate found UCF student Nhat Ahn Tran stabbed to death Tuesday morning around 8:30, along with an ex-boyfriend, 30-year-old Loc Tran, who was injured and transported to Orlando Regional Medical Center.

Detectives believe Loc Tran may be responsible for the crime based on statements from the female victim's three roommates.

Detectives said there was no forced entry to the home, but the male victim did not live at the house and the bedroom where the two were found was locked when the female victim's sister tried to gain entry to the room.

Loc Tran was being considered a person of interest by detectives Tuesday.
A man in Orange County, Fla., found critically injured next to his ex-girlfriend's body is being called a person of interest in her death, Local 6 News has learned.

Orange County sheriff's deputies were called to a home located at 10324 Cypress Trail Drive at about 8:30 a.m. after roommates found Nhat-Anh Tran stabbed to death and Lock Tran critically stabbed in the woman's bedroom.

Nhat-Anh Tran was a University of Central Florida student, Local 6 News reported.

Police said two of the three women who found the victims were Nhat-Anh Tran's sisters.

The roommates told police that they became concerned when they did not hear anything from their sister's bedroom Tuesday morning.

"They went down to check on her," Orange County sheriff's spokesman Jim Solomons said. "The bedroom door was locked so they tried for several minutes to wake her. When they got no response, they broke into the bedroom and found the two victims in the bed or near the bed."

A neighbor told Local 6 News that Tran was apparently having trouble with her ex-boyfriend -- Lock Tran.

"She apparently complained about not having time to study for classes and it was causing some friction," Local 6's Chris Trenkmann said.

Sheriff's investigators did not give a motive for the homicide and not naming a suspect. However, they said Lock Tran is a person of interest in the case.

Trenkmann said the victim's roommates told police they never heard any noises coming from Tran's bedroom overnight.

Attached Thumbnails Girl murdered in my neighborhood-10097937_320x240.jpg  
Old 10-17-2006, 06:28 PM
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Wow... that is crazy. I hate Orlando for its crime.

Old 10-17-2006, 06:36 PM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
damn she's pretty.. RIP ='(

Old 10-17-2006, 06:39 PM
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member
Location: Universe.Milkyway.Solarsystem.Earth.NorthAmerica.USA.FL.Tampa
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
May she rest in peace and I hope they fry the F***er that did this to her. I have no sympathy for a$$h)l3s.

Old 10-17-2006, 06:51 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mx22o
damn she's pretty.. RIP ='(
+1

he should fvckin burn for that.

Old 10-17-2006, 07:17 PM
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is a shame, she was pretty and I am sure a decent person.

I spent one third of my life in Kissimmee/Orlando. I moved there in 1975. It was a much different place then. I suppose everywhere was safer then.

I think my son went to this school: http://www.wftv.com/video/10098743/index.html

Your innocent until proven guilty, but it doesn't look good for that guy.

Old 10-17-2006, 07:27 PM
Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts
WOW! Pretty girl, hate to see that. I am sure they will get the person.

Old 10-17-2006, 09:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
what a shame, such a pretty young girl. now she's dead cause of some a$$hole exboyfriend

Old 10-17-2006, 10:28 PM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
stop stabbing hot girls dammit!

Old 10-18-2006, 08:18 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Domestic violence can happen anywhere (remember OJ), but Orlando is definitely changing. Most of the murders are on the west side of town (I'm on the east side) and are drug related, but more crime is moving to the east side as more people move over here. It's Orange County's fastest growing area.

It's a shame when anyone gets killed, but for some strange reason, I feel worse when they are pretty women who could have gone far in life.

I drove by the house last night and it looked normal.

Old 10-18-2006, 08:26 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
thats f*cking sad! she's vietnamese too!!!

Old 10-18-2006, 09:39 AM
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member
Wow. That's awful, right near where a good friend of mine lives too (he goes to UCF also). I really hope that guy gets what he deserves.

Old 10-18-2006, 10:05 AM
Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
It's pathetic what people do these days.
In my old neighborhood ( fairly upscale) few years ago, a 14 year old kid shot both of his parents and took the car with friends heading for SoCal. He wanted to be a pro skateboarder and his parents wanted him to stay in school. He was caught after 1 day and convicted after his 2 "friends" testified against him. They knew about the plans all along and did nothing to stop him. It's a little freaky when you are driving to school and your neighbor's house is surrounded with cops and yellow tape.

Old 10-18-2006, 11:16 AM
_jb
Photographer

What a shame...

It's a tragedy when this happens to anyone...

Old 10-19-2006, 01:34 AM
Florida G35 Club Premier Member
Yeah, I knew that girl. We were just planning on going clubbing this weekend. Very sad. If the ex was infact the killer, i hope someone finishes him off.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Girl murdered in my neighborhood