Tein springs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 12:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tein springs

I just had the 350z H-techs installed yesterday, by no one other than Jeremy at performancefactory.com!

I wanted a subtle drop and the firm the ride just a bit. I actually won a gift certificate at "The Run", so the springs were pretty much paid for. Anyway, the springs do just that--and more!

Interestingly, the front right swaybar bolt came completely out and I didn't know this. I had Hotchkis bars, and had them on the firmest setting, and never was pleased with them before. The rear always felt fine, but the front never seemed to be up to snuff.

Anyway, Jeremy was gracious enough to send his guy (I think that was Matt) to get me another locknut from the hardware store and got my springs installed in less than 1.5hrs. Combined with the repaired sway, man, this thing handles the way I really wanted it to. I am overly pleased with Jeremy's install, repair and presence, I am please with the performance I am getting for such a low cost (springs, sways and install all less than $600) while maintaining an acceptable ride.

I'll post some pics of the reduced "wheel gap" at a later time, but for those looking for better handling, I can see no better benefit than these two, simple, cost-effective mods...

Old 12-19-2006, 12:26 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
H-Techs.............

So why didn't you get new shocks since you had springs installed? Seems
like a logical thing to do.........right? Or maybe it wasn't needed with a
small drop.

Old 12-19-2006, 12:45 PM
Its not needed witht the Htechs. Plus shocks = more money......

Lets see some pics.

Old 12-19-2006, 03:08 PM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
the only reason you would install shocks with h-techs is that they are lower rates than the factory sport tuned suspension. cass, i would check it out at high speeds to make sure your rear end isnt too loose. jose, shawn and a couple other guys warned me about this with the h-techs.

that aside, cant wait to see the pics. how does the ride quality compare? ive got stillen sways in my kitchen and i think im going to s-techs for xmas. cant wait!

nice work jeremy, ill be paying you a visit as soon as i get my stuff together.

Old 12-19-2006, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by w0ady
the only reason you would install shocks with h-techs is that they are lower rates than the factory sport tuned suspension. cass, i would check it out at high speeds to make sure your rear end isnt too loose. jose, shawn and a couple other guys warned me about this with the h-techs.

Explain this what the hell does that mean.... i know the spring rates are diff. but what does that have to do with high speeds????

Old 12-19-2006, 05:05 PM
fgc moderator
ok noobwagon. the spring rates are lower so it takes less force to compress them. that means smaller bumps will cause more movement, you with me? faster speeds means you hit bumps with more force and that equals even more compression. what im asking, is if he notices the rear being noticeably looser on the high way and such.

maybe i should just draw pictures for you.

Old 12-19-2006, 05:13 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
The 05 sport suspension spring rates are Front:314 Rear:427. The 350Z H-Techs have spring rates of Front:358 Rear:375, so the front is stiffer, but the rear is a little softer.

Trending Topics

Old 12-19-2006, 05:25 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thanks cass!!! i actually installed the same H techs on another G later on and got it down to a safe 45 mins with no issues. things are looking great for Performance Factory, getting lots of calls and lots of stuff going on!!

that "guy" was matt and he is more than just "his guy" hehehe this shop would not be what it is today or where it is heading without him, big thanks to him !!

Old 12-19-2006, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by w0ady

that aside, cant wait to see the pics. how does the ride quality compare? ive got stillen sways in my kitchen and i think im going to s-techs for xmas. cant wait!

nice work jeremy, ill be paying you a visit as soon as i get my stuff together.

The car actually feels a lot tighter all the way around: no bouncing, no looseness of any kind. I'm overly surprised...

Old 12-19-2006, 06:33 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Originally Posted by r10apple
The car actually feels a lot tighter all the way around: no bouncing, no looseness of any kind. I'm overly surprised...
Glad your happy with everything

Old 12-19-2006, 09:41 PM
fgc moderator
Originally Posted by r10apple
sick. i might have to bother you for a ride to check it out. i think im still all about the s-techs but the h-techs look just as good.