Raffle Ticket Rules and Guidelines (Updated)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2005 | 09:51 AM
FGC's official flip flopper
It's a famous quote of Farris Bueller. If you know the movie, it represents a situation where nobody responds....sort of like this thread.

Old 01-08-2005 | 10:04 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Ferris Beuller's Day Off is my fav movie, so I get it. Cmon neff, ya gotta get with the times! Ferris Beuller's Day Off is only about 15 years old!

Old 01-08-2005 | 10:31 AM
You have to take it easy on Neff. He didn't know what the movie Goonies was either. I think he may have been raised in the back woods with no tv or at age three he was already solving mechanical engineering problems.

Old 01-08-2005 | 04:35 PM
After the great turnout last night in Altamonte, even though I had to leave early, I became inspired and sent Neff the added money for the seven ticket deal. This has real potential!

Old 01-09-2005 | 08:30 AM
|
Originally Posted by FLFIRE
After the great turnout last night in Altamonte, even though I had to leave early, I became inspired and sent Neff the added money for the seven ticket deal. This has real potential!
Thanks Tony! I'm still in the generous mood so I "upped" your deal to 8 tickets too! I'll add the "token" ticket for you joining the club and that should put you up to NINE TICKETS for the raffle.

Thanks again for helping support the club. It's my goal to have the llc and insurance set up by the March 5th meet, so every dollar at this point is IMPORTANT!

Old 01-10-2005 | 02:05 PM
|
Someone at my work pointed out to me over lunch that we have the following things already donated to our club raffle:

1 Satellite Radio: $699 value (or a rear spoiler)
1 Clear Bra: $400 value
2 KP Technologies window roll up and VDC modules: $150 value each
1 Crawford Billet Oil Cap: $80 value
1 Zaino Show Car Polish Kit: $55 value

And our newest sponsor BLUE BATMOBILE has generously donated...

2 Complete Blue Bat Mobile Overlays
: $100 value (each)

That adds up to a total donation amount of... WELL OVER $1700 split between 8 guaranteed winners!

I'm extremely concerned by the fact that people are not jumping all over each other to try to donate to this club in order to win these prizes. People want me to spend money that I don't have to make the club better, yet all I can do is try to "entice" you to contribute by getting more and more sponsors. How can we have ONLY raised $100 when there is $1700+ up for grabs? What gives?

Thank you VERY MUCH (again) to the 2 people that have purchased additional raffle tickets. I hope others follow you lead pretty soon. I'm actually starting to get a little bit discouraged by the lack of involvement thus far...

Does anyone besides g8tor20 and FLFIRE even care if I get more sponsors, or am I just wasting my time?

Old 01-10-2005 | 02:35 PM
FGC Central Florida BOD
yeah maybe we shouldnt even pursue the other 2 or 3 your still talking to. It just makes the Tshirts more expensive and doesnt gain revenue unless people are willing to buy tickets!!! I would have thought we'd at least get 50% of the items combined value.

Old 01-10-2005 | 03:24 PM
ok. i just grabbed five more raffle tickets in addition to the 1 i got with membership. looks like the few who are stepping up with the cash are going to have a slight edge here on these sweet prizes......

Old 01-10-2005 | 03:35 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by neffster
I'm extremely concerned by the fact that people are not jumping all over each other to try to donate to this club in order to win these prizes. People want me to spend money that I don't have to make the club better, yet all I can do is try to "entice" you to contribute by getting more and more sponsors. How can we have ONLY raised $100 when there is $1700+ up for grabs? What gives?

I too am bewildered as to the lack of interest so far. Maybe as the event gets closer it'll take an upturn.

Everyone- get your membership in at the least, and if you can buy some raffle tickets. You have a core group of people here who are basically willing to give their life(read- all their free time) to run this thing, and all they ask is a little commitment(in the form of $) from all of you. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me. AND, you have a chance to win some impressive prizes.

Old 01-10-2005 | 03:52 PM
I just sent my money in via paypal. It kind of saddens me that so few have bought raffle tickets because anybody buying more would definately get the edge against someone else in getting the prize that they want (sattelite radio, clear bra, zaino kitt. etc.) and would also be helping out the club.

I really want someone from Miami or some other place farther away to win a prize being that their drive to Lokey is farther than mine. That would definately make their trip worth it to those people. But since no one is buying into this, FLfire, gator20, louisdarke and myself will definately have the better chance to nab the cooler prizes.

Old 01-10-2005 | 04:31 PM
Ok I'm in for the tickets, gonna paypal right now neff. Sorry buddy, been busy with work and stuff.

Old 01-10-2005 | 05:44 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
There we go!

Old 01-10-2005 | 06:39 PM
|
Ok, group reply....THANKS!!! and KEEP 'EM COMIN'!!!

Everyone so far has received credit for EIGHT (8) Raffle tickets for their contribution. This does not include the one raffle ticket that you get for joining the club...

NINE TICKETS in total for everyone who's purchased prior to this thread...

Will this generousity continue? Stay Tuned...

Old 01-10-2005 | 10:04 PM
FGC President
todd: sorry i havent bought anymore yet, but i dont have the money for them right now. i will have some by the time the meet rolls around though to buy more. hopefully this deal will continue until i can get somemore funding.

Old 01-10-2005 | 10:30 PM
Todd,
You know my deal the end of the month I'm in.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Raffle Ticket Rules and Guidelines (Updated)