Frustrating Day at the dealer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 04:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G35Sean
Sorry I should have clarified, it was Melbourne. I used to live there and still work there so its easier for me. The service department is great but this drove me crazy.
HOLLY CRAP! Now you got me worried! Im in Melbouren also and I havent taken my car in yet for more than an Oil change. I have a Silver G35Coupe and the only thing wrong with the dealer I have for now (since I havent taken it in for any problems yet) is the price. They **** charge you for anything IMO. For example... I askd how much would they charge for them wiring a cable from the fuse box to go along the apillar to the mirror, the lady said "200$" !!!! Something I got a quote from another place to cost 50$

Anyone in Melbourne have any Good/Bad expreience at that dealership?

Anyone know both Orlando and Melbourne that can suggest what each of them is better at?

Old 02-09-2005, 07:45 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G35_coupe_6MT
HOLLY CRAP! Now you got me worried! Im in Melbouren also and I havent taken my car in yet for more than an Oil change. I have a Silver G35Coupe and the only thing wrong with the dealer I have for now (since I havent taken it in for any problems yet) is the price. They **** charge you for anything IMO. For example... I askd how much would they charge for them wiring a cable from the fuse box to go along the apillar to the mirror, the lady said "200$" !!!! Something I got a quote from another place to cost 50$

Anyone in Melbourne have any Good/Bad expreience at that dealership?

Anyone know both Orlando and Melbourne that can suggest what each of them is better at?
I bought my car in Orlando but always went to Melbourne for service. I would recommend Melbourne any day over Orlando. Which service advisor did you talk to, Laura? She's really nice but they are very expensive for oil changes or anything else not covered under warranty. I've had great experiences until the last 2 times.
Originally Posted by dabomb
Ztube???? lol
No I've had that.
Originally Posted by Neffster
Knowing you it's either tires, breaks (under warranty) or window issues. I just can't see you rolling up with the Vortec whistling, but if you did you'd see a smile a mile long across my face.
It's nothing covered under warranty. Show up Friday and you'll see.

Old 02-09-2005, 09:07 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
well it wont be a vortec cause it takes them a week to install one of those.

Old 02-09-2005, 09:25 PM
Vortec would be nice but that's not it. This will give me performance but is more stable.

Old 02-09-2005, 09:32 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
i know!! i know!!

should i say my guess or save it and keep the cat in the bag?

Old 02-10-2005, 01:11 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
So you took my advice and put the high flow cats in, Sean? (thats what i'm guessing it is...)

Old 02-10-2005, 02:37 AM
speaking of swirl marks.......

I went to wash my car last week at a "do it yourself" car wash because I live in a apartment complex and when I finished washing my car I forgot that I didn't have my Absorber. I went to the vending machine and bought a 100% cotton cloth.......though I don't know if it really was. It barely got off any water, more or less just pushed it around and when I finally got home and dried my car I notice major swirl marks and some thin long scratches! Can I buff these out?

Old 02-10-2005, 08:03 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
I won't tell!

Old 02-10-2005, 08:12 AM
Originally Posted by ChazM
speaking of swirl marks.......

I went to wash my car last week at a "do it yourself" car wash because I live in a apartment complex and when I finished washing my car I forgot that I didn't have my Absorber. I went to the vending machine and bought a 100% cotton cloth.......though I don't know if it really was. It barely got off any water, more or less just pushed it around and when I finally got home and dried my car I notice major swirl marks and some thin long scratches! Can I buff these out?
You'll have to try Zaino show car polish. They have a swirl remover that works wonders.

Old 02-10-2005, 08:55 AM
I bought my car in Orlando but always went to Melbourne for service. I would recommend Melbourne any day over Orlando. Which service advisor did you talk to, Laura? She's really nice but they are very expensive for oil changes or anything else not covered under warranty. I've had great experiences until the last 2 times.
Yeah I talk with Laura. They are really expensive though. As for the people in there, they are all nice (at least all of which I have talked to). Even though I know more about the G than some of the people trying to sell it, they are nice. The buying experience was very good. They even let me test drive a G all alone, no rep in the back.

Ive gone there for oil change once and I think I will go there again as I have no idea of a better place to do the oil change at. I know plenty of places do them, its just that I think I am more safe having the changes done at Inifniti.

Glad to see you had good experiences these last two times.

Old 02-10-2005, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by SFLG35
i know!! i know!!

should i say my guess or save it and keep the cat in the bag?
Tell us your guess, please.

Old 02-10-2005, 02:31 PM
FGC Central Florida BOD
"should i say my guess or save it and keep the cat in the bag?"

i think he did todd...

Old 02-10-2005, 02:50 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
My guess would be FGC window stickers

Old 02-10-2005, 05:25 PM
Well it's done. John was great to deal with. He showed me the service department and the rest of the dealership, while my G was getting ??? I met Marc Sexton who some of you may know if your buying a car from Lokey. Lokey has a great dealership.
I also got to meet Nick (tampa g35 i think) who has a nice G. I'm sure we'll see him start posting and at the meet March 5th.

Last edited by Gumba35; 02-10-2005 at 05:29 PM.
Old 02-10-2005, 09:50 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Well it's done. John was great to deal with. He showed me the service department and the rest of the dealership, while my G was getting ??? I met Marc Sexton who some of you may know if your buying a car from Lokey. Lokey has a great dealership.
I also got to meet Nick (tampa g35 i think) who has a nice G. I'm sure we'll see him start posting and at the meet March 5th.
Great seeing you today, Sean! It was a nice break chatting with you and showing you our dealership, which I am very proud of...

Hopefully everything's working out nicely with what we did today, and we'll see you again soon...