What's happened since the Lokey Meet?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 06:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's happened since the Lokey Meet?

Hey everyone...

I know you all heard me say that I was going to take some time off from the club activities after the Lokey meet, but unfortunately that's not the case just yet.

So far I've contacted the bank and put together all of the necessary paperwork for us to open the "Florida G35 Club" bank account. The account should be open this Friday and we will then be able to accept personal checks and avoid those outrageous Paypal fees. Thus far the club has lost $155.98 to our good buddie "Paypal".

I have also taken the time to address all of the 30+ envelopes, stuff them with the club t-shirts and membership cards and get them ready for distribution this Friday! This means that everyone who qualified for a t-shirt with their club membership should be receiving them next week (as promised) . I can guarantee that in the future there will be a $10 processing fee for ANY event t-shirt that is not picked up at the event. Postage on these things is around $3.00/shirt, plus the envelope and the time to mail them out... it's a huge PITA!!!

Now it is time for us to start designing a club sticker so that we can put them on our G's. We also need to design a template in Microsoft Word so that we can hand out informational club cards to prospective "future FGC members".

In the meantime Geobau will be creating a BOD Private Forum, which will be similar to the FGC Private Forum, so that the Board of Directors (and the Secretary Treasurer) can conduct club business much more efficiently.

I think that's it for now. After this weekend I might not be posting quite as much since I need a little break from all of this fun. Work is getting much more hectic and I really need to spend some time with the family.

In the next couple of weeks the BOD will be announcing the time, date, and location for the next "All Florida Meet". In the meantime, keep an eye out in the SE Forum for local gatherings and also keep an eye out in the FGC Forum for the monthly "Chapter Meets".

Thanks for reading another chapter of my novel.

Old 03-09-2005, 11:41 AM
Florida G35 Club Premier Member
For the sticker, are you going to be using the logo from your website or are you open to have club members post up some new designs so we can vote on them?

Old 03-09-2005, 12:20 PM
Deep Sea Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think we should write "Florida G35 Club" on a post-it note with a black sharpie and put those on.

Old 03-09-2005, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by aznluder
For the sticker, are you going to be using the logo from your website or are you open to have club members post up some new designs so we can vote on them?
It's up to everyone else. I'm actually not making anything. I'm still waiting for our club members to take the initiative and come up with something that looks good.

Old 03-09-2005, 01:15 PM
FGC Central Florida BOD
NEWS IDEAS ARE ACCEPTED....if a month before the next meet nothing good has been proposed we will go with the logo on the site...which will probably **** russ off since we stole his idea

THANKS RUSS!!

Old 03-09-2005, 02:31 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
we should use the one on the website because you want to have your logo become synomous with an idea, group, or company. if you have more than one logo people will become confused and will not be able to identify the club with a logo.

just something i learned in my marketing class the other week.

we already have 2 logos. the one with the state and the one with the car. i personally dont think we need a third.

my recomendation is to use the one thats already on the shirts or on the website.

Old 03-09-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by Meatshackle
I think we should write "Florida G35 Club" on a post-it note with a black sharpie and put those on.
Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that I absolutely LOVED the way your wife blushed whenever I made you announce your first and last name along with your screen name at the Lokey Meet to the ENTIRE CROWD. You know I only made ALL of the new BOD's do that because of your new screen name, right?

"Hi, my name is Chad Russell and my g35driver screen name is (in a very quiet voice) Meatshackle..."

For those of you who don't know Russ, picture man in his mid 30's with a shaved head announcing to a group of ~100 men that he goes by the name "MEATSHACKLE"... LMAO!!!!!

Old 03-09-2005, 03:20 PM
FGC Central Florida BOD
Originally Posted by SFLG35
we should use the one on the website because you want to have your logo become synomous with an idea, group, or company. if you have more than one logo people will become confused and will not be able to identify the club with a logo.

we already have 2 logos. the one with the state and the one with the car. i personally dont think we need a third.

my recomendation is to use the one thats already on the shirts or on the website.
I second that...but Im not allowed to make executive orders

Old 03-09-2005, 03:40 PM
Florida G35 Club Premier Member
Originally Posted by SFLG35

Yea, I agree that there should only be one logo. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm just not too thrilled about how it looks. If someone could come up with a bad-a$$ design that members wouldn't think twice about putting on their cars, then maybe we can use that new logo and have that new logo be put on the site. Unfortunately we already got tshirts made so this is probably out of the question anyways.