Vortech FGC Special Pricing (not a Group Buy) :wink:

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 09:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by g8tor20
Ok guys...I'm two steps closer....

The TS reflash has been done and the tranny cooler has been ordered....

We're getting cloooooooooooooose!!
Call me, we need to finalize install dates TODAY! Hotel reservations initially made by Jose were cancelled. We need to make room RSVP's.

Old 08-15-2005, 09:24 AM
Man with green rock in Vortech
Originally Posted by neffster
Call me, we need to finalize install dates TODAY! Hotel reservations initially made by Jose were cancelled. We need to make room RSVP's.
Just install your own kits, weenies.

Maybe I will go to Coastal Dyno the weekend you guys go up to CP Race and we can wave to eachother on 95.. weeeeeeee. If not, let's schedule a meet while I am down there, haha, I don't go south too often

Old 08-15-2005, 10:39 AM
_jb
Photographer

Originally Posted by turbomaxima
You can hear the supercharger from forever away.. my friend drove it down the road while I stood in the parking lot and I heard it for quite some time. I have pulled up next to a bunch of people at stop lights and they all just shake their heads or look really confused, it's great.
That must be really cool.

I suspect you're still breaking it in, but... can you feel the difference? Seems like it would be quite a difference even during normal driving.

First Start Vid - http://www.jasonsadler.com/vortech/startup.MPG

Once my wheels get here I will take a slew of videos.. i am ashamed of the stock wheels at the moment
Thanks for posting the video... it sounds awesome... Have fun...

Old 08-15-2005, 10:59 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
1. googe
2. pasta
3. escobar
4. neff
5. turbo
6. g8tor20 - wait, no he didn't. Oh yeah, yes he did. No, no I don't think he did. Oh wait, yes he did, didn't he? Well.....
good one Neff.

Old 08-15-2005, 11:01 AM
FGC's official flip flopper
Randy...remember that it was your post that got me flip flopping in the first place.

Old 08-15-2005, 11:07 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
You can hear the supercharger from forever away.. my friend drove it down the road while I stood in the parking lot and I heard it for quite some time. I have pulled up next to a bunch of people at stop lights and they all just shake their heads or look really confused, it's great.

First Start Vid - http://www.jasonsadler.com/vortech/startup.MPG

Once my wheels get here I will take a slew of videos.. i am ashamed of the stock wheels at the moment
if you wonna hear two SC Vortech G's having fun and going through the gears, click here ---> I'm the one on PIAA's http://videos.streetfire.net/Player....7&term=g35&p=0

Old 08-15-2005, 11:08 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by g8tor20
Randy...remember that it was your post that got me flip flopping in the first place.
which post was that?

Old 08-15-2005, 11:18 AM
FGC's official flip flopper
Originally Posted by Randys_G
which post was that?

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...hlight=Vortech

Read the first reply....

Old 08-15-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by _jb
That must be really cool. I suspect you're still breaking it in, but... can you feel the difference? Seems like it would be quite a difference even during normal driving. Thanks for posting the video... it sounds awesome... Have fun....
Breaking it in.................. hmm.. Didn't do any of that. From the handful of people that I talked to, the majority said to just get on it, so I did. I can definitely "feel" a difference, but there is not a huge change in torque at all. I am used to a turbo car which has all its torque at 3500 RPM and pushes you into the seat. This car still gives you a push, but it is more of a gentle and gradual push. There is no doubt that the car is much faster, but until I get it tuned and put the 3.12 pulley on, I am not going to try and mess with any porsche's just yet.

Randy, you need to go out and make some more videos..

Old 08-16-2005, 08:47 AM
FYI - You guys may want to put a call into CP Race and insure that you are getting "GATES" Napa belts with your kits and not Goodyear "GATORBACK" belts. I just received my 3.12 pulley and "gates" belt that I had confirmed an order for over the phone, but I received a goodyear "gatorback" belt for some reason.

Just as a heads up..

Old 08-16-2005, 08:55 AM
I've got an invoice for the GATES belt and I've also been told that they have the GATES belts in stock along with the 1 step colder plugs sitting next to our kits.

Old 08-16-2005, 09:48 AM
I've got an invoice for the GATES belt and I've also been told that they have the GATES belts in stock along with the 1 step colder plugs sitting next to our kits.
That's exactly what I was told as well.. and to my surprise, a stupid goodyear gatorback belt showed up at my door. I actually think it is the stock belt that comes with a vortech kit, I will check at lunch time.

Old 08-21-2005, 09:41 AM
Just a heads up for all you future vortech owners. CPrace installed my shift light on my gauge pod and it looks awesome. They didn't use any molding or rubber. They just drilled a hole like they would for an alarm LED. Sorry I don't have any pictures, but you can check it out when you get there. I don't pick my car up until 08/27.

Old 08-21-2005, 10:51 AM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
cool glad they got it installed for you. im goin to look around and see if i have an extra chip with the latest programing on it but if i dont ill have to get one from kevin which wouldnt be here for me to take up though.

Old 08-21-2005, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by SFLG35
cool glad they got it installed for you. im goin to look around and see if i have an extra chip with the latest programing on it but if i dont ill have to get one from kevin which wouldnt be here for me to take up though.
what does the new chip do that the old one doesn't?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vortech FGC Special Pricing (not a Group Buy) :wink: