Creative Auto ....NO Good!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 04:37 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Creative Auto ....NO Good!!!

I just have to vent a little after the experience i just had there....

So i call up this Dexter guy on thursday to get some pricing on bats overlays that i want installed. i need front, tails and rear valence, so he gives me the price and i'm like cool that sounds good and we set up an appointment for 2pm on Saturday, being that was his first avail. opening.

I get out of class on Saturday early being it was the first day and all. i hop on 836 and proceed to take my hour drive to get my stuff on. I get there at 1:30 a little early but i was eager to these things on asap. he tells me i will be up next after this car hes working on is done. i'm like cool, pretty much on time.

about little more than an hour has passed and he comes over and says he cant put them on today b/c he has to leave to get a spot at the Funkmaster Flex show. I'm thinking... {you know how much work you had to do on the other car and mine was next so you knew what you had to do on mine as well. why couldnt you have told me this an hour ago, or over the phone b/c i just took an hour drive one way.}WTF

i then asked him if he could recommend someone in the area who does good work, he knows no one. im like well can you tell me anything? "Nah sorry".
he offered no type of assistance this is what really got me mad.

I mean isnt the reason why you would do shows is to get business in the first place. why would you want more, when you cant handle what you got. i was ready to throw some series cash his way to do a system as well.

btw... sorry for the long post, and does anyone else want to recommend some other places to me to get some work done. still need overlays, system, suspension put in.

i feel bad b/c he was recommend by many on here, so his work is probably great but the business side was well.......
ahhhh what a waste of gas!!

Last edited by blazinZ; 09-03-2005 at 04:46 PM.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:08 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
thats strange i found dexter nothing but nice and helpful... sorry for your bad experience

Old 09-03-2005, 10:33 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
sorry to hear man

i dont know of anyone over there in that area but ave out here in clearwater does awesome work

Old 09-04-2005, 12:01 PM
man i cant believe i cant find someone out here who does good work. i mean nothing spectacular, i just want my overlays on. if i was back up north theres many shops i go too. i think i'll just have to look a little harder.

Old 09-04-2005, 04:51 PM
All right dude. You're starting to **** me off. One bad experience and now you go dig up old threads about a good club sponsor and link this one? The only reason why I haven't deleted this thread is because I'm personally waiting to hear back from Dexter on this.

Here's what I do know...

1. You're not a FGC Member and you have no business trash talking our sponsors in our forum. I don't care what your experience is/was.
2. I've never met you, but I have met Dexter and am having a hard time believing there's not a whole lot more to this story than you're telling.
3. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt, but you're pushing your luck.
4. There has never been a bad word from a club member about Dexter and he's tinted over a dozen of our cars (probably like 2 dozen).

We'll wait and see what he has to say about this, but rest assured if he comes back and tells another story... (figure it out yourself) but it will involve me talking to an admin for a little help...

Old 09-04-2005, 06:40 PM
trash talking.. is that whats is called, well i will share my opinion on this. bottom line is he told me we had an appointment for for a certain time. I drove drove 2hours round trip w/ standing in his waiting room for a hour before he told me he couldnt do my car and offered no type help or assistancein the matter. if thats trash talking then so be it. I will tell you i would be the last person to put anyone down. but, what he did was uncalled for. And i never said his work was not good, i just said his business side of of it wasnt. also b/c hes a sponsor does this mean he cant mess up?

edit**

btw.. sorry for not posting in south east, b/c your right i'm not a member, but would this be any different if i was?

Last edited by blazinZ; 09-04-2005 at 06:58 PM.
Old 09-04-2005, 08:50 PM
Angry

Okay first of all this isn’t a paid forum to get on so I don’t think you can call it your thread or forum bro. If it was why any non member can access it then. I believe this thread is made by g35drivers from the requested of FGC. So I believe it is open to public. If it was your thread or forum then you should be having only your paid members to access it only. This guy just wanted to share his opinion about his company where he had his bad experience. So I think he should have all of his right to write it in any forum, thread, and website that he's please too.

Last edited by AznRacer305; 09-04-2005 at 08:53 PM.
Old 09-04-2005, 08:56 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AznRacer305
Okay first of all this isn’t a paid forum to get on so I don’t think you can call it your thread or forum bro. If it was why any non member can access it then. I believe this thread is made by g35drivers from the requested of FGC. So I believe it is open to public. If it was your thread or forum then you should be having only your paid members to access it only. This guy just wanted to share his opinion about his company where he had his bad experience. So I think he should have all of his right to write it in any forum, thread, and website that he's please too.
he never said it was his thread but he is the president of the club. check your grammer and spelling before attacking someone and make sure your sentences make sense

Old 09-04-2005, 09:34 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Before we let any more sparks fly in this discussion, lets wait to hear what dexter's response to this is. I want to hear both sides of the story.

And for the record, bluebatmobile's over lays aren't that hard to install yourself. I've done the rears to Dabomb's car. And i'll probably be installing them on 98intrique's as well. Just need a still hand and some time to do well done job.

Old 09-05-2005, 01:38 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
You know what amazes me (and part of what makes me mull lately about spending my time elsewhere) is this Mickey Mouse SHIITE...While I agree the OP was probably a little "vague" on the details, the ensuing language and other misplaced thoughts from a few people (that includes you Todd) is just down right uncalled for. Let me reeducate all of you, THIS IS A FRIGGIN forum about a damn car we all happen to like. I wont soap box it here but people are dying in the streets several hundred miles from here and we are consuming energy on this crap. I have met and worked with Dexter and cooked him fish (which I hate so it tells you how cool I thought he was) Is he a great installer ABSOLUTELY... can I vouch for his personal everyday work ethic, absolutely not but I would hazard a guess to say he wouldnt be in business long if this was the norm. So everyone put your D!CKS back in your pocket and get real. There is much better and constructive thoughts and energy that could be at work here. Its a shame because the content and quality here has been suffering as late and I personally hope the trend doesnt continue

Last edited by Infinitz; 09-05-2005 at 01:44 AM. Reason: crappy spelling
Old 09-05-2005, 01:42 AM
FGC's official flip flopper
okay...way to tie in your bad english with the purchase of a G. I guess you have this real sense of independence from buying it yourself. Great. Good for you. We are all so proud!

Secondly, Neff did not delete the thread and decided to wait until he hears from Dexter.

You are right...this is a public forum but it is our public forum and can delete whatever trash gets put on here. Funny how that works....

Last edited by g8tor20; 09-05-2005 at 01:46 AM.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not really sure why everyone is jumping down everyone else's throat. The OP had a bad experience. I don't think bashing him or threatening to ban him is going to solve anything. If he had a bad experience, he had a bad experience. Maybe Dexter had a scheduling conflict or some other issue. Those things happen with a business and you can't always please 100% of your customers. However, if the details from the OP's post are accurate, I would conclude that as a bad move on Dexter's part. Scheduling an appointment with a client who has to drive an hour each way, have that client wait, and then come say "Hey sorry, can't help you. I'm going to a concert later, bye bye" is not good business.

I met Dexter. He tinted my G at the tint meet earlier this year. Overall, I'm really happy with my tint and he seemed to do great work on all the cars. That doesn't mean that as a businessman and a sponsor of FGC, he is exempt from making an occassional bad call.

Wait to hear what he has to say, if anything. To the OP, sorry it didn't work out with the overlays, I hope you find someone who can do them for you.

PS - "Grammar and spelling"

Old 09-05-2005, 08:20 AM
****** please...if it's your forum and if you dont like what im posting delete it then *****...
1. We don't ban people from forums for telling the truth. If the OP is telling the truth then the post stands and he deserves to be able to tell his side of the story.

2. Just last week we had a similar situation arise where someone was unhappy with a sponsor and it turned out to be a big blown out of proportion ordeal.

3. AznRacer305, your language is offensive, racist and not called for. You were never addressed in this thread and your comments are not welcomed.

4. Aleic, we need to talk, you know my number.

5. This is a club forum for present and potential club members. Kyle (Godzilla), the owner of this site set this forum up for US (the FGC). This is not the "Off Topic" forum; non members can post about whatever they want in the Off Topic forum, thank you.

6. As the moderator of this forum I have a duty to report posts which violate the forum rules (as I've done in AznRacer's case).

7. As a club president I have a duty to protect/defend the club sponsors who donate money, time and resources to our club members. This is not a one sided issue. I bet everyone remembers CHAZ's car buying experience with Lokey Infiniti. I really took one for the team in that situation.

The ironic thing is that only these infrequent posters slash non-club members seem to be brazen enough to lash out at the club sponsors (which they're not a part of and could care less about any relationships the directors have worked so hard to establish and maintain). This is what pisses me off. Noone in this club besides demonteverde321 can really appreciate all of the hard work that has gone into developing and maintaining the relationships with the club sponsors. None of you have had to go out and panhandle for over $3K in donations for club raffles, nor have you had to try to arrange new car purchase programs, free Huper Optik window tint jobs, etc...

What pushed me over the edge in this thread was when the OP went dug up an old thread and continued to bad mouth this club sponsor over and over, this crosses the line as far as what is and what is not acceptable IN A CLUB FORUM THAT YOU ARE NOT A PART OF BY YOUR OWN CHOICE!!!

Old 09-05-2005, 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by neffster
...We'll wait and see what he has to say about this, but rest assured if he comes back and tells another story... (figure it out yourself) but it will involve me talking to an admin for a little help...
BTW, I was referring to changing his title to say "unwelcomed FGC sponsor basher", not to banning him as others have alluded to.

Last edited by neffster; 09-05-2005 at 09:40 AM.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:16 AM
****** please...if it's your forum and if you dont like what im posting delete it then *****...
LOL Man you are "simple" huh? Way to show off that education.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Creative Auto ....NO Good!!!