Renting Track for a day..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 09:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jadaway2
That sux on the one tire rule change. With those tight turns it's bound to happen a few times over the course of a day. So, is that why you are saying the time trials aren't going to happen...because of the one tire rule? That would be a bummer because having a time stat to judge by would be good. Since we can't race each other the next best thing is racing the clock.

Good advice on the track tire! It would have been an unpleasant surprise to go there with brand new $900 tires and leave on nubs. I'm going to look around for some inexpensive track tires.

Besides tires and leaving all loose objects at home is there any other usefull bits of advice from you vet's out there? I am assuming fresh oil is good.

Jon
Hey I still would not mind some friendly comp. but I want to make sure you guy's realize. You going to have to push pretty damn hard to stay on pace with someone with lots of track exp.Example Levent.If Michael can keep his rear tires hooked were going to have him to deal with as well.So going off track could happen easily if you want stay on pace with someone.I gotta say GA is in the house here,but I'm always down to represent FL so I will be gunning for them as well as Jeremy for sure.If I go off 3 times it will be toward the end of the day because thats when all of us will know the track and start getting convidence built up.Which I will be ok with by then so watch for dirt clouds from dropping off on exits from me! So lets just keep it under control for most of the day then we can let the cars hang out at the end of the day.Safely though I'm not trying to make it sound like rules go out the window.
P.S. I have to say there is going to be 1 area on the track design the 350Z should have a clear advantage over Levents non torque rotory,can you spot that area?
Eric

Old 05-01-2006, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by audiblemayhem
i pretty much took out a lot of useless stuff, no windshield washer equip, no power steering at all, no interior pieces behind the front seats back, no sub, no weight in the trunk lid, just stuff like that. i thought it would weigh around 3000 and when i weighed it, was a lot lighter, that was also with the heavy *** stock muffler too, i am thinking i will have it down to right below 2700 pre cage and then back to right below 2800 with a cage.
Wow - how does she drive without the power steering?

Was thinking of removing the rear windsheild wiper and motor (since I never use it). Do you know where I can get a plug for the hole when I remove it?

Old 05-01-2006, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by beddow
P.S. I have to say there is going to be 1 area on the track design the 350Z should have a clear advantage over Levents non torque rotory,can you spot that area?
Eric
Torque is irrelevent when you're pushing 9000 rpm. I'm just going to be shifting a lot, which is half the fun. I know I have a mementum car. I'm not competing, I'm there to have fun and learn. I know that I'll be the slowest on the straights. From the list I saw, I think I have one of the cars with the least amount of power.

Anything special people want to learn? heal toe downshifting? left foot braking? threshold braking? torque stearing?

I'm going to work on left foot braking, I've been trying to do that for a while now.

Old 05-01-2006, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by TrackHoRX8
Torque is irrelevent when you're pushing 9000 rpm. I'm just going to be shifting a lot, which is half the fun. I know I have a mementum car. I'm not competing, I'm there to have fun and learn. I know that I'll be the slowest on the straights. From the list I saw, I think I have one of the cars with the least amount of power.

Anything special people want to learn? heal toe downshifting? left foot braking? threshold braking? torque stearing?

I'm going to work on left foot braking, I've been trying to do that for a while now.
I really need to work on threshold braking!!!
Now when you talk about left foot braking - are you talking about the hub flex pushing the pads away, so the next turn you have all your brakes?

Like I said - he has a momentum car - he could use a sail in the wind and probably out drive me - just kidding - he will need a sail and a paddle

Old 05-01-2006, 10:47 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah the power steering is no different once you are going 5 mph, it feels stock, its hard to turn at first when you are going slowbut i got used to it really fast

yeah no rear wiper either

i heal toe downshift everytime i am coming to a stop, i have everygear rev matched and practice all kinds of stuff on the street. cant wait to get more track time so i can push my limits.

drifting is another fun hobby but tires are sooooo expensive..

Old 05-01-2006, 10:47 PM

I'm just kidding around I could give two ****s who is the fastest out there! I can't wait to meet everyone and talk cars and driving with you. I ordered me a CG Lock tonight been wanting to try one out as I'm not the one for using a harness setup on a street car.

Old 05-01-2006, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by MoodDude
I really need to work on threshold braking!!!
Now when you talk about left foot braking - are you talking about the hub flex pushing the pads away, so the next turn you have all your brakes?
If there is a way to disable your ABS, you can learn threshold braking well. At first, keep it on and see where it is activating and practice to the point where it isn't stepping in. Then, deactivate it and see if you lock brakes.

Left foot braking is keeping right foot on the gas and using the left foot (clutch foot) to brake and keep the revs up with the gas foot. Very quick to get back on the throttle since you're already there. The HARD part... you left foot is used to pushing all the way down for the clutch and sin't used to the digital, smooth imputs needed for the brake. It's an advanved skill, I still suck at it.

Old 05-01-2006, 11:42 PM
As of 11:15 tonight May 1st I have booked my room at this Hotel along with Michael and Levent.I would like to keep us all together if we can.
The room was $169.00

Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville
1714 SW 34th street
Gainesville,FL.32607
phone# 352-371-3600

Old 05-02-2006, 07:14 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
with the Zs it is the easiest car to heel toe i have ever been in, you can turn your foot 15 degrees or if you have a wide shoe on it will reach over to both pedals that are exactly the same height.

i hate left foot braking cause it seems weird to me, i always overpush it, much easier for me to heel toe.

i have to left foot brake when i do my burnouts at the track and when you are not used to using your left foot, you tend to push the brake too hard

Old 05-02-2006, 08:06 AM
with the Zs it is the easiest car to heel toe i have ever been in, you can turn your foot 15 degrees or if you have a wide shoe on it will reach over to both pedals that are exactly the same height.
I'll let you drive mine. You can see if there is a difference.

Old 05-02-2006, 12:00 PM
If there is a way to disable your ABS, you can learn threshold braking well. At first, keep it on and see where it is activating and practice to the point where it isn't stepping in. Then, deactivate it and see if you lock brakes.
There is no easy way of disabling the ABS on the 350Z, unless someone on hear knows how to do this?

Old 05-02-2006, 12:06 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
my last car i just pulled out the abs module(20 pounds) and bypassed it, it worked perfectly

im sure if you pull out the main abs fuse it will disable it...

Old 05-02-2006, 12:13 PM
my last car i just pulled out the abs module(20 pounds) and bypassed it, it worked perfectly

im sure if you pull out the main abs fuse it will disable it...
Wow - you really have pulled everything out of your car! I kind of like my ABS for wet street driving so I don't think I will be pulling that out.

What is your weight to flywheel power ratio now without nitrous? Mine is around 5.6 #/fwhp.

Old 05-02-2006, 06:18 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
hey what do you guys think about dunlop sp sport 9000s to use for the day?
i can get some used for 55 a tire in 255 35 18. i was goin to put them on a set of stock rims. think they would be a good tire? or should i look for something else?

let me know cause i have a used tire dealer here in largo that i can get tires from for pretty cheep. he says he has a bunch of different ones.

who all is goin to need tires so i can give him and estimate on how many tires we are goin to need?

also what brake pads should i look into gettin for the event? what are some good track pads?

Old 05-02-2006, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by SFLG35
hey what do you guys think about dunlop sp sport 9000s to use for the day?
i can get some used for 55 a tire in 255 35 18. i was goin to put them on a set of stock rims. think they would be a good tire? or should i look for something else?

let me know cause i have a used tire dealer here in largo that i can get tires from for pretty cheep. he says he has a bunch of different ones.

who all is goin to need tires so i can give him and estimate on how many tires we are goin to need?

also what brake pads should i look into gettin for the event? what are some good track pads?
Can you get RA1's or Cups cheap? If you can either one would be my choice. Or try V710's - yet I would wait for Levent to see how they work at Roebling in a few weeks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Renting Track for a day..