Renting Track for a day..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 08:46 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TrackHoRX8
I'm trying to be a *****, so please don't take it like that...

thats great!!!

yeah guys, i have no problem heel toeing this car. you can just do it with a regular shoe kicked a little sideways. are you making sure that you have your toe on the brake and the bottom of your heel on the gas...

Old 05-26-2006, 11:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by audiblemayhem
thats great!!!

yeah guys, i have no problem heel toeing this car. you can just do it with a regular shoe kicked a little sideways. are you making sure that you have your toe on the brake and the bottom of your heel on the gas...

Damn, I left out a word, Sorry, I really wasn't trying to be a *****, people would just be amazed how the limit of their car is usually their driving. These sports cars can be amazing.

Old 05-26-2006, 11:39 PM
I'm going to have to get in a Z and see about this heel-toe issue you all have. Make sure the ball of your foot on firmly on the brake, you're going to be braking hard. You brake hard and steady and get off quickly. Should be fluid and not jerky. You can then use the side of your foot or twist your ankle (what I do) and hit the bottom/side of the heel on the gas. Make sure the revs are about 500-1000 above where it should be when you release the clutch. Not having revs high enough will jolt the rear wheels and unsettle the car. The car should feel steady thoughout the whole motion.

Old 05-27-2006, 08:08 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
see i think this might be you guys problem. i have always heel toed with my toe on the brake and the rest of my foot on the gas. the reason being is have you ever stopped by pressing your heel on the brake. no.

if you press the brake with your toe it feels natural. then let the rest of your foot push down on the gas.

please try this today and you will see that it is much easier and works perfectly. it will feel natural and you can press the brake very smoothly as you would if you were stopping the car everyday.

if you try to press the brake with your heel you will end up slamming them and hitting the gas hard

i have been driving and racing cars for a while. havent ever had the money in life to road race cause its an expensive sport....... but now i do!!!

Old 05-27-2006, 09:11 AM
TrackHoRX8 is saying to use the ball of your foot, not your heal to brake and use the rest of your foot to swing over to gas pedal. He and the instructors do not recommend braking with your toe or your heal since you want to have smooth agressive pressure on the brake which can only be accomplished with your ball of your foot.
My foot is a size 13 narrow and I can't do it. I have tried every position and either my heal hits the fire wall or my knee hits the steering wheel even with it all the way raised.
I do believe that if you have an average body size and foot, it is easy. But, I am not average.

Good tip: I just found out last week from one of the RX-8 guys (not TrackHoRX8) that we can move our rear-view mirror all the way to the roof of the car. The 8 has the exact same rear-view mirrow we do, and only one out 5 of us knew about this! Makes a huge difference with how much you can see out of your front window, especially for right hand turns. If you didn't know this, go out to your car and try it, just be careful since one of the RX-8 guys was a little to eager and cracked his windshield.

Well if you now have the money, I think that after this you will be signing up for a lot more events in the future! Man is it a blast. Just get ready to throw money into a pit with it on tires and brakes.

Old 05-27-2006, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by MoodDude
TrackHoRX8 is saying to use the ball of your foot, not your heal to brake and use the rest of your foot to swing over to gas pedal. He and the instructors do not recommend braking with your toe or your heal since you want to have smooth agressive pressure on the brake which can only be accomplished with your ball of your foot.
My foot is a size 13 narrow and I can't do it. I have tried every position and either my heal hits the fire wall or my knee hits the steering wheel even with it all the way raised.
I do believe that if you have an average body size and foot, it is easy. But, I am not average.

Good tip: I just found out last week from one of the RX-8 guys (not TrackHoRX8) that we can move our rear-view mirror all the way to the roof of the car. The 8 has the exact same rear-view mirrow we do, and only one out 5 of us knew about this! Makes a huge difference with how much you can see out of your front window, especially for right hand turns. If you didn't know this, go out to your car and try it, just be careful since one of the RX-8 guys was a little to eager and cracked his windshield.

Well if you now have the money, I think that after this you will be signing up for a lot more events in the future! Man is it a blast. Just get ready to throw money into a pit with it on tires and brakes.

Hey I have a helmet that I bouh from Pep boys. I think its a motorcycle hemet. DO you think they will allow it. Its a full helmet with a chin protection and a shield. PLz help me with info

Old 05-27-2006, 12:25 PM
You just need to make sure it has a M90/SA90 or better rating marked on it.

Old 05-27-2006, 12:54 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
yes see the mirror thing is great. i have had mine like that since i first got in the car.

here are a few videos where you can see exactly how to place your foot in case anyone was wondering. i wear a size 12 and have no problem at all H/T....

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...B618EA35A2.htm here is one video
http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...96B48E9AE6.htm here is another one....

Originally Posted by MoodDude

Last edited by Audible Mayhem; 05-27-2006 at 03:38 PM.
Old 05-27-2006, 04:19 PM
We are talking about the same thing just a different way.

Can't you find any video that they speak english? Really like the in car cameras - pretty cool. That NSX is pretty bad a**, and that guy with the GT-R was not really pushing it like the other cars.

Hey - I just found the stupid 8# weight in the hatch. They put it there for weak people to help them close the hatch. What a useless piece of metal! Really easy to take off!

Old 05-27-2006, 05:33 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
yeah it doesnt weigh 8 pounds but it is useless. i have found many many many useless things on my car, like power steering, windshield washer fluid, etc

i am at 2780 daily driving weight as soon as my exhaust and seats come in this week.... wooo hooo!!

thats full front interior, both seats, and lots of fun!!

Old 05-27-2006, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by audiblemayhem
yes see the mirror thing is great. i have had mine like that since i first got in the car.

here are a few videos where you can see exactly how to place your foot in case anyone was wondering. i wear a size 12 and have no problem at all H/T....

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...B618EA35A2.htm here is one video
http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...96B48E9AE6.htm here is another one....
Those guy's show text book heel/toe technique,but I do not do it like that.I just roll/bend my ankle and blimp the gas with the side back portion of my foot.I do believe the same way Levent and Michael speak of,pretty much what ever fits your peticular style as long as your able to brake and rev match your downshifts at the same time.
I dig Best Motoring vids though thanks for the links Jeremy.

Old 05-27-2006, 06:09 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
go to streetfire.net and do a search for best motoring, a couple pages of sick *** videos will come up!!

Old 05-27-2006, 07:39 PM
I have bleed the brakes and inspected the suspension. I also have fabricated and installed a video camera mount. All I have to do is wash her and she is ready for the track again - yesssssssssssss.

89/ 69 w/ 30% chance of scattered T-Storms.

I am really having a hard time believing that you made a 3400# car weigh 2780# without removing the interior. Did you actually wiegh her, w or w/o fuel? I want to see how you did it. But, don't think I will remove the A/C since it is hot as hell in the south!!!!

Old 05-27-2006, 09:09 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
the last time i weighed it, it weighed a couple pounds over 2900 about 2913 i think. i have full interior in the front. EVERYTHING is out of the car from the seats back.

i have full AC too!!

i now have nismo lm gt4s that saved me right over 9 pounds a rim. i will lose right over 35 pounds with the exhaust i am getting. the seats with brackets weigh 25 pounds each and the stock seats are 45/47 resp. full nitrous tank weighs 25 pounds.

i weighed my car with stock muffler, stock seats, stock rims, and full nitrous tank.

i did have NO gas, i mean like had to fill up right when i left the landfill i weighed it at.

i also have found a few more things yest. that served no purpose... hehehe

Last edited by Audible Mayhem; 05-27-2006 at 09:11 PM.
Old 05-27-2006, 11:03 PM
The heal toes that they do are just like what I do.

I weighed mine at Roebling and with me in it and full tank of gas, the car is 3098. I have the individual corner weights, but they are with the car and that's about 5 states away right now. I'll post those after the holiday.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Renting Track for a day..