Renting Track for a day..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
beddow - how about signing up Red Gump as our track official since he has experience and he will not be driving? That way he can't drink our beer!

Audiblemayham - if you can't find a set, I have an extra set. They are chemically treated Falkens mounted on the the Z's stock wheels (these punch the same numbers as my Cups), I use them for AutoX. We could work something out as far as paying for the wear on them - not much - maybe $100 depending on the wear. As long as you give me back the wheels in the same shape, or pay for the damage. The only problem is - I can only trailer one set of wheels and Levent doesn't have any room in his car.

Old 05-06-2006, 05:18 PM
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by MoodDude
beddow - how about signing up Red Gump as our track official since he has experience and he will not be driving? That way he can't drink our beer!

Audiblemayham - if you can't find a set, I have an extra set. They are chemically treated Falkens mounted on the the Z's stock wheels (these punch the same numbers as my Cups), I use them for AutoX. We could work something out as far as paying for the wear on them - not much - maybe $100 depending on the wear. As long as you give me back the wheels in the same shape, or pay for the damage. The only problem is - I can only trailer one set of wheels and Levent doesn't have any room in his car.
I Jeremy doesn't take this deal, I would be willing to pay you to let me use your wheels...that is if the offer is open to anyone? I don't mean to invite myself to use them without you offering.

Old 05-06-2006, 05:23 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
very interested, where are you guys??

Old 05-06-2006, 07:31 PM
I live in Albany - Georgia. If you can figure out how to get them there - I can't haul them as I will be already trailering a set of wheels and tires and can't fit two sets on my trailer. One thing to point out - these tires act like low temp R-Compound tires (much like the V710)- so you can't drive them on the street!

Last edited by MoodDude; 05-06-2006 at 07:47 PM.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:09 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
yeah man, i appreciate the offer but i think i am going to just buy my own new r compounds so i will have them for a few track days. they are kinda expensive but will be well worth it in the long run

thanks though, cant wait till june 3rd!!

Old 05-07-2006, 12:59 AM
Sounds like great idea to me Michael,now if Eric(red gump) comes back on the forum he will realize he's been volunteered If he wishes to command that position that would be a great help.Eric let us know if you would be interested in being our lead track official.

I do not know if I posted this website up but this site has some good info for the first timers and me
http://www.turnfast.com/tech_driving/driving.shtml

Old 05-07-2006, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by audiblemayhem
yeah man, i appreciate the offer but i think i am going to just buy my own new r compounds so i will have them for a few track days. they are kinda expensive but will be well worth it in the long run

thanks though, cant wait till june 3rd!!
Talk to Luke at Tirerack about your tires, he can help and has a Z that he races. He also owns something like 28 wheels/tires for it, so he can tell you from experience - not just reading some marketing stuff.

Old 05-07-2006, 08:54 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
cool man, is there a number i can call. i am thinking that just the regular tire rack number would have hundreds of people answering

Old 05-07-2006, 09:47 PM
Just call the main number - there is an automatic system where you can put the persons first name in, L U K E - and it will direct you to him.
Ask him about his 4th place against 70 corvettes with the Z.

Old 05-08-2006, 02:42 AM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Originally Posted by beddow
Here is the list of levels each will be running in per your request
Please post up or PM me what level you would like to be in

This list is just a baseline we will modify your level after the first session if necessary.

Level 1= Novice non aggressive 5-6/10
Never driven at speed on a track with other cars,do not want to push their cars hard, concerned with tire chunking, brakes fading, etc. in this case we will have a experienced driver quickly run through a few important things you'll want to know before your out there.

1.Stuart(UFGatorG35) G35 2.Dan(SFLG35) G35 3.CJ(cj350) 350z 4.Jon (jadaway2) G35
Demonteverde and I will be joining this group

Old 05-08-2006, 05:33 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Just call the main number - there is an automatic system where you can put the persons first name in, L U K E - and it will direct you to him.
Ask him about his 4th place against 70 corvettes with the Z.
cool thanks man, i will call him today.

i might just get some brand new 245 40 R Hoosiers for my stock wheels.... they will be worth the money in the long run i am thinking. i wont shave them and will use this track time and maybe my next one to wear them down and get used to driving on some really sticky tires.

thanks again...

Old 05-08-2006, 08:07 AM
Here is the list of levels each will be running in per your request
Please post up or PM me what level you would like to be in

This list is just a baseline we will modify your level after the first session if necessary.

Level 1= Novice non aggressive 5-6/10
Never driven at speed on a track with other cars,do not want to push their cars hard, concerned with tire chunking, brakes fading, etc. in this case we will have a experienced driver quickly run through a few important things you'll want to know before your out there.

1.Stuart(UFGatorG35) G35 2.Dan(SFLG35) G35 3.CJ(cj350) 350z 4.Jon (jadaway2) G35 5.Mark(mdemonte) Maxima 6.Mike(keib) g35 7.Ryan(98 Intrigue) G35 8.Siu(st350z) 350z

Level 2= Novice slightly aggressive 6-7/10
Have driven on a track at speed before with other cars,have some basic knowledge of how to properly enter and exit a corner,still not wanting to push hard due to being on street tires, stock brakes/fluid, etc.

1.Jesse(Gatekeeper) SRT4 2.Brian BMW M coupe

Level 3= Intermediate aggressive 7-8/10
Have driven on a track at speed before with other cars often,do autocross events,car has been setup for track days, HP brakes/high temp fluid,etc.still using street tires but do not care about chunking them,looking to push their personal limits.

Level 4= Intermediate aggressive 7-8/10
This is basiclly the same as Level 3 but are using a DOT dedicated track tire.examples Kumho v700,Toyo RA-1,Falken RT615,driver has a good amount of experience and wants to push the car hard through the turns.

1.Michael Moody(MoodDude) 350Z 2.Eric(beddow) 350Z 3.Jeremy Tibbs (audible mayhem) 350z

Level 5= Advanced aggressive 8-10/10
Lots of on track experience at speed with other cars/ lots of autocross experience,using dedicated track tires,car has been properly setup for driving at or near the limit.

Last edited by beddow; 05-13-2006 at 08:53 PM.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:20 PM
Can we maybe have two groups of level 1? That way the track doesn't get that crowded? It would be ideal to only have 5 people on the track at a time.

Man am I excited! Got my car corner wieghted the other day. She is HEAVY - 3616# w/ me in it. Yet, it is 50/50 cross, 50/50 left/right, and 51/49 front/rear - can't really get any more perfect than this.

Old 05-08-2006, 05:25 PM

Old 05-08-2006, 05:30 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
yes they will be divided up into equal groups. lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Renting Track for a day..