Renting Track for a day..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 09:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aren't you going to be adding some weight soon? This is my last post for a long time. Jeremy has some big plans!!!!

Old 06-06-2006, 09:32 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have A Great Time Man, Good Luck With Everything!!!!

Old 06-06-2006, 09:34 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
have fun alan
been a great time

Old 06-06-2006, 11:15 PM
You guys crack me up. Loose cannon....I was on my best behavior and doing everything I could to take it easy. Problem is my throttle only has an on/off switch...no middle ground (cool new mod I got for the race). I should have taken my meds.

I had a BLAST! I'm already looking up a nitros kit. Car was just too damn slow and the brakes suck (SHOT!). The tires suck too cause they were squeeling the whole time. Having an automatic really doesn't work too well...especially when the damn manumatic breaks after a couple of laps. It came back on the way home and I interpreted it as a not so subtle message from my car telling me "eh wtf you thinkin' maaaan". I did lap that dude in the supercharged Z hehee. Yeah, I know you were taking it easy...me too.

Eric and Jeremy are killer guys. They did a lot of work to put this together. I can appreciate the effort and if ever I get a chance to buy you guys diner and drinks I'm going to take it. Levent did some nice work keeping everyone in line and on task. Somebody had to know what was going on. He gave me the black shirt a couple of times and I was like "****, who invited the rotary dude"...just kidding.

I learned a lot about my car and my mad driving skillz. Poor car was taken to the edge of the envelop. Next time riders should be allowed so I can teach some "outside the box" techniques I learned....like braking in the turn can be fun!

The only thing missing (besides more grease money) was a timer. I'm just dying to know how I did against levent....I think I took him. Definately smoked Chris on our second run together.

Next time I won't stay out till 4 skeeching on them nasty gator girls. FSU girls are in another league and it made me happy I made the choice to go to FSU. Another reason to feel sorry for those gators. Sorry, can't help but to crank on the gators when I'm in hogtown.

I'm in for the next one for sure...if you'll have me.

Love,
Sedan guy

Last edited by jadaway2; 06-06-2006 at 11:19 PM.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:16 AM
Jon you tossed the sedan around pretty damn good if you ask me.Not the smoothest way around the track but you found your own which looked quick.I'm betting the race tire junkies are just upset the madman was just a quick in the sedan.I also found out someone went off track the first lap with a passenger in the car.
Great having you out there Jon look forward to getting together again soon.
Eric

Old 06-07-2006, 07:08 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
holy ****, that post was sooo funny. i dont even know where to start. yeah i am going to say you think outside the box, and outside the lines you are supposed to take. all those years of driving, those instructors dont know a thing right!!! hehehe

had a blast for sure man, great times. i think trail braking (braking through a corner) is an understatement!!!

im glad everyone had fun though...

here is a short clip of my car going through the slow corner, two equal radius mid second gear corners and a nice straightaway. its only my first or second lap so i am still in shock of how well tires make you stick to the course....

you might have to have myspace also. not sure, just put it up there really fast last night.... later guys!!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...0C1B91B7205111

Old 06-07-2006, 09:35 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jadaway2
I'm just dying to know how I did against levent....I think I took him.
Your tires aren't the only things that are smoking. That must be some good $hit you have. A 3,500 lbs car on street tires vs a 3,000 lbs car on R's. Next time, we'll be on the track together. You'll see me in your rear view mirror. You did push it though, and I KNOW you had a hell of a time. I could tell from your expression.

BTW, a squeeling tire, is a happy tire.

Old 06-07-2006, 09:50 AM
Since I was working the flag station most of the day, the two fastest people I saw on track were Eric and Levent.

Sorry, Jeremy - but you kept on have off track experiences, maybe because you took off the ABS? GRM mag did a test and found even with race drivers they got better lap times with ABS on, and Traction Control off, in wet and dry conditions.

I think the rest of us could use more track days and some instruction.

Jadaway2 - it looked like you where having the most fun driving. But, I was the one flagging you when you put a wheel off. Sorry - I really didn't care, but that guy that worked there got really mad a couple of times that day. So I was trying to make sure we didn't all get kick out of the coarse.

I think Levent gets the award for pissing the track worker off the most.

Chris gets the award for the drift car and unknown problem with car.

I think that Jeremy gets the award for most off track experiences.

Old 06-07-2006, 10:03 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
nice vid. looks like you were flying on the straight away.

I can hear Dans (SFLG35) exhaust echoing in the background too....

Old 06-07-2006, 01:40 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
oh i know i lack track time, this will change soon, i like to get interested in something and learn everything i can about it. my tires were making my suspension and my brakes worse. by the end of the day i learned A LOT and my lap times were much much better. i just like to play too much and try to get the car sideways etc....

levent, you said jon will see you in his rearview mirror, is that cause he passed you and is leaving ya ......

i still have ABS, i just took out the traction control. the next time we have track days, we will have lap timers and will see who is doing the best and who can have the most consistent low lap times, i was just in shock of how well good tires can handle. if all goes well, your hp numbers will be low compared to mine.... hehehe i will know today!!

Old 06-07-2006, 01:56 PM
Cool - when you get your numbers let us know what you did. You will than need to get some coilovers so you can then get your car perfect corner weights!

Old 06-07-2006, 02:06 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
yeah coilovers, sways and brakes before i go out again for sure.....

Old 06-07-2006, 02:10 PM
_jb
Photographer

Originally Posted by djniknala
Aren't you going to be adding some weight soon? This is my last post for a long time. Jeremy has some big plans!!!!
Good luck, Alan!

Take care of yourself!

Old 06-07-2006, 02:28 PM
Just some ideas to make the next event go smoother and for everyone to get more time.

- Mandatory Drivers meeting at the gate at 8AM (before the gates open), no late arrivals except for spectators.
- Get 3 to 4 people to set up cones when gate opens
- Have a person in charge of making sure everyone signs and gets a wrist band.
- Bring a stop watch to time each 20 min
- Once the last car is off track, the 20 min starts than, even if the next two drivers are not ready.
- Maybe see if we could bring a grill to cook some food for lunch.
- People must work the flag station for at least a hour to drive (and have 2 groups of 2 or more people work it at a time). Have one group work at the far end of the coarse to spot that blind spot and the other where we where stationed. Man each flag station with flags, radio, and fire ext. The far station could also tell people when it is safe to cross the track. This is how SCCA Solo works and it actually makes it fun to work a station.
- Have a run list premade up before and give people the order. Then give people numbers to put on the car to keep track of the cars. So the first car is 1, second car is 2,... And just use some painters tape to put the numbers on the car.
- Have specific track crossing times, maybe at the top of each hour?

The event went pretty smooth - I thought. But, if that track worker sees this, maybe he will just leave us alone. Instead of driving his stupid truck on a hot track!!!

Old 06-07-2006, 03:05 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
those are all great ideas and similar to the ones we have. we will probably have four track timers, two on track and two in the next in line, that way it will be ready to go as soon as someone is done....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Renting Track for a day..