Renting Track for a day..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well with the utec, you have 5 on the fly adjustable maps, you can set the boost in each map along with fuel and timing map accordingly...

i will have open wastegates map, 8 pounds, 12 pounds , and a race gas 16 psi map.

i will actually play with it more and see how traction is with it.

IM GETTING THE CAR FRIDAY FOR SURE NOW!!!!!!! wooo hoooo pretty excited..

Old 06-12-2006, 10:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool, take some pic's of your progress!
But with you engine set up, you should be able to boost much higher than that with the right fuel map? I think you said you would be 8:1 compression ratio.

Old 06-12-2006, 11:52 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
its actually arias extreme duty 9 to 1 pistons...

i will be good to 20 psi on a sleeved block if i want, i just want to make sure the car lasts me a while

Old 06-13-2006, 09:15 AM
So will your motor be lighter with those internals? I am not trying to be funny, but when I finally do my engine build, I want to make sure that not only are the internals strong, but lightweight.

Old 06-13-2006, 01:29 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
im really not sure if the internals are lighter, the stock rods are soooo small and lightweight, i know the stock pistons are also strong and lightweight.

im really not sure how the two compare in weight, but i will find out....

Old 06-13-2006, 06:52 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by MoodDude
Here are the regulations - turn to page 58 for the roll cage:
http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/ccr.pdf
made a few calls today, we are looking at about 1750 for chromoly right over inch and 5/8ths. i want to have a cage that meets the requirements for NASA, NHRA, and any SCCA events. they have different requirements though.

i think i am going to have it exactly for NHRA since they have tougher guidelines. i will do lots of track days and events with this car on road racing but i dont think i would like to actually "RACE" it because i wouldnt want to damage it.

i would just buy a pure RACE car for that. i love my Z!!

i will have to have a cage though for when i run it in the quarter mile. hehehe

Old 06-13-2006, 06:55 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
jeremy
you goin to gut the rest of the inside then too and have it pretty much as a drag road course car?? or you goin to still keep it as a daily driver? though with a caget that might make it a pain int eh *** to get in and out of.

Old 06-13-2006, 07:47 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
well the Zs seats sit so low down in there that the door brace can sit pretty low. the more i am looking and reading, i have found out that 10.00 to 10.99 you only need a roll bar. this is awesome because it can just have the main loop, rear strut brace and two rear bars going back. a lot lighter. i will be cutting out all the back soon so i can get this in there. much much better....

Old 06-13-2006, 09:29 PM
Yes - I am going to put a roll bar in her too, yet I just went with Kirk Racing since they have a off the shelf roll bar that will cut down on the cost and it still meets the requirements for NASA and SCCA timetrails and hill climbs. Yet, I am only installing it so I can use a harness in the car so that I won't be killed in the event of a roll over. I love myself more than my Z .

What are you going to cut, the metal behind the seats? I was thinking that once the roll bar is in there, it would be pretty useless since the bar will stiffen up the car.

Have you seen the cabon fiber replacements for the head lights from 350evo? They could shave off another 39# off your car, and it only takes four bolts to take off the head lights. Could be a good option if you are driving on a track during daylight hours.

I am thinking about getting some straight pipes made with a lockable swivel pipe at the end so I can just unbolt my mufflers off my car and point the exhaust away from the db meters at the track. This would save me about 30# off my exhaust system. And may give me some more power so I can reduce my boost. Really easy to unbolt my exhaust at the track.

Old 06-13-2006, 10:15 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
damn.... and to think this is coming from the guy who was making fun of me for being crazy. yeah all those ideas sound great. yes all the metal behine the seats and the rear strut bar will be useless with a roll bar. so it might take out close to 30 pounds and add probably 50 pounds with the roll bar.

this car will be really really fun soon for me. i cant wait to get it on the track again!!!

yeah i am not sure what i am going to be doing with my exhaust with the TT setup, it does have external dump tubes off the wastegates so it sounds sick!! and is good for about 30 hp at 10 psi.

Old 06-13-2006, 10:19 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
btw those headlights are NICE!! are you sure they weight 19.5 pounds each though. that seems like a lot!!

Old 06-13-2006, 11:13 PM
Originally Posted by audiblemayhem
i will do lots of track days and events with this car on road racing but i dont think i would like to actually "RACE" it because i wouldnt want to damage it.
You should go the HPDE to Timetrials Route. I'm going to do that. With timetrials, you're "Competing" for best time, not place on track. This way, you don't have to worry about going into turns 3 wide, scraping paint, or damage. You're still driving full out when you want, but since you're not worried about 1st, 2nd, etc, it's safer to an extent.

Old 06-14-2006, 06:57 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
exactly, time trials and track days will be fun, i would love to race three deep into a corner BUT not in this car...

unless i win the lottery anytime soon

Old 06-14-2006, 08:14 AM
I took one of the stock lights off and it weighs about 20# for each light. The Carbon Fiber headlights weigh only 1# each. That means you shave off 38# and in front of the wheels.
I would not cut out the rear tower strut bar, unless you plan on having your roll bar with a bar to replace it or with an X in the rear. Either one of these would probably be heavier than the stock bar.
I was just playing with you since my goal is to get this car below 3000# one day. And for me that is going to be hard to do.

Old 06-14-2006, 07:42 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
yeah, well if i get the roll bar welded in i will cut it all out and make a rear strut brace. i just want all that metal cut out. i really like how this car looks, http://files.automotiveforums.com/ga...yourfriend.com thats pretty much the way i want the back to look

i cant believe the headlights weigh that much, thats insane!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Renting Track for a day..