Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

My VRT/JWT TT G35 in Sport Compact Car Magazine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 01:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Disco_Monkey
Nice. Phat ride. Great info.

I have been on the VRT website almost on a daily basis. I have been surfing the web doing as much research as possible about the JWT TT setup and TT in general in relation to VQ35DE. I always almost request a quote from VRT for internals w the JWT TT kit but I always back out after entering all of my info in because I know that if it is within range, I will just drive down the next chance I get to drop the car off. That is what I am afraid of.
There is no need to put yourself in harm financially over something as minimal as a car. Absolutely no reason to do it.

What you should consider instead is carefully thinking through what you want out of your car, and why. Then, plan out a series of changes in phases, each of which is affordable, and none of which require undoing anything that has gone before. If the ultimate objective does turn out to be the built motor with the JWT TT, well nifty. But consider, just consider, that you may be able to get incredible performance increases without going TT. Because you can. Talk about that with the VRT guys before you go dropping a hefty pile of money on the ultimate motor. They will give it to you straight.

Old 06-08-2006, 04:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Eagle1
There is no need to put yourself in harm financially over something as minimal as a car. Absolutely no reason to do it.

What you should consider instead is carefully thinking through what you want out of your car, and why. Then, plan out a series of changes in phases, each of which is affordable, and none of which require undoing anything that has gone before.
I would never jump into something that is going to jeopardize me financially. I finished up my suspension, wheels, tires and brakes as well as some comsmetics. I was going to track my car a few times as is then when I am out of warranty, my plan was/is to go FI. Just doing continuous research going back and forth in my head.

Old 06-08-2006, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by Disco_Monkey
I would never jump into something that is going to jeopardize me financially. I finished up my suspension, wheels, tires and brakes as well as some comsmetics. I was going to track my car a few times as is then when I am out of warranty, my plan was/is to go FI. Just doing continuous research going back and forth in my head.
Sounds like you are proceding in precisely the type of thoughtful and careful way that everyone should consider.
One of the things that all car builders love is a customer that has thought it out. It is not necessary to prove you know as much as the builder (if they are good you won't so don't try to prove it, unless you think as part of your due diligence you think you need to challenge them...which has its own negatives). But it is important to them that they are delivering to their customer something that fits within reasoned and practical expectations.
Good builders that you want to deal with are good people too, and they don't want some screaming and unhappy return visit prefaced with "you did not tell me that...." or "I did not understand this...." They will want to use their knowledge and experience to do something really great that you will love and enjoy and then........bliss. They get paid, the car is sweet, it works and does not break, you are thrilled and tell everybody they are gurus of the garage.

When you are talking about suspension, it is very very important. But you can do and undo things without necessarily losing huge sums of money. FI is different. It is a bunch of money. And it does increase risk of bad things happening. Big returns, but not for free. IF you are the kind of owner that can use and enjoy the power, maintain the car, and be a smart owner and user of it, you will probably have a wonderful experience. You will probably be able to manage the risk effectively. Many people who get into FI do not and it is something that makes a lot of unhappiness for good builders trying to do a good job. Now, to be sure, there are some slugs that will sell and slap on anything to just make a few bucks, consequences to you being way down their list of priorities. As long as you do your research and find good folks with good ethics, and know what changes to make and why and can discuss it moderately intelligently with them, you should come out of it a very happy camper.....not to mention a seriously FAST one!

Good luck and keep us informed of what you do.

Cheers.

Old 06-12-2006, 03:54 PM
http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/

Here is the link to read the article on the electronic SCCM site. Lots more pictures here than in the print article.

Old 06-13-2006, 10:33 AM
Sick ride man. The JWT's torque is amazing. Congrats on the coverage.

Old 06-16-2006, 12:38 AM
Originally Posted by Eagle1
http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/

Here is the link to read the article on the electronic SCCM site. Lots more pictures here than in the print article.
I love that shot Ed. Your car is a star. BE PROUD...Sitting pretty on the trailer at our shot and I just want to drive it... Yet I will let you break in those new full race hats and rotors

M

Michael @ VRT www.ViolentRacing.com Track & Dyno Proven, Daily Driven 400-760+ whp., 400-800+ LB/FT Torque Z's, G's & Fx's

Click Here!

Last edited by mraturbo; 06-16-2006 at 12:49 AM.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:15 AM
Former G35driver Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I read the C16 article while waiting at Technosquare the other day. Good stuff, Atom huh? I think you made the right choice.

Here are the pictures from the SCC online article in case they get taken down.

Awesome representation of a G.

Old 06-20-2006, 03:21 AM
thing is damnnnnnn mean

Old 06-20-2006, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by Raznips
thing is damnnnnnn mean
Thanks.

We kinda like her as well.

When you drive her on the track. Doesn't even feel like a G she is so planted to the ground. And the motor purrs like a kitten while keeping extremely COOL even in the hottest conditions.

M

Old 06-22-2006, 04:13 PM
The Pole
HARDCORE! Thats totally me one day!

Old 06-22-2006, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by KenK2
HARDCORE! Thats totally me one day!
Hit our website or PM and let's talk.

M

Old 06-22-2006, 08:54 PM