Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Running 400whp on stock internals safe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2006 | 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by MightyMouse
OK, I'm fairly new and have no technical data, but I present this.
Your warranty is good as long as you don't do the following..
1. Boost over 7psi
Stock Greddy TT boost is 5.6 PSI so I guess Getting the Greddy will not void my warranty But don't put an aftermarket CAI coz if your engine blow or hydro-lock because of that bye bye to your engine warranty

Old 09-08-2006 | 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by MightyMouse
You toss a Kinetix Plenum, HFC, exhaust, CAI, you're looking at most 110HP to the crank, maybe 85 RWH.. MAYBE....
Anything above that is going to require you void your warranty somewhere along the line, not sure if that's worth it to you, it's not to me..
Maybe with all those thing you get 15whp max. you dont get much from Kinetix Plenum and CAI. I guess if you use Rice Math then 15whp=85whp.

Old 09-08-2006 | 04:43 PM
If I had a conservatively tuned JWT turbo system w/ the V-pro on the Rev-up (stronger internals) then I might be willing to run around 370 on the stock block w/ no major worries.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 09-09-2006 at 12:03 AM.
Old 09-09-2006 | 12:18 AM
XBS
My car has been at ~390whp for 2 years now, APS TT....

Driven hard....

around 20k mls +

Old 09-09-2006 | 12:06 PM
Are you guys SERIOUS about thinking that putting on Any kind of aftermarket FI kit will not void the warranty on your engine???? LOL You've got to be kidding me!!
Hell, some dealerships will give you **** about putting an intake and exhaust on!

Old 09-09-2006 | 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by AthenG
/\ Cant you see all the common denominator here? They are all turbo Turbo gives you more torque and much sooner and that is why it is more unpredictable. Turbo can also give you boost spike that also add to the unpredictability. This is not Turbo vs SC but we are talking about Stock Internal limits. Have you seen how many Built Engine in My350Z? You said give a name that has well Tuned and all added safety and i gave you some trust me there are more I just don't have time to dig them all up. I don't know what you're insisting here, do we both agree that 400+ is to risky on stock internal. You ask every Tuner out there and they will say anything above 400 is to risky, and it is safe to say that they have seen more blown engine than any of us.

Also Unichip is still a Tunable EMS so don't knock it down. Unichip still does what it supposed to do especially for low boost.

Edit:

Check this thread, coz i think you might agree with this except when he said that SC are a little safer than Turbo.
https://g35driver.com/forums/forced-induction/115302-tired-safe-limit-stock-internals-threads.html

My comments were directed to more than just you...
yeah, 400whp seems to be a number that most can agree on now that you don't want to push past on a stock bottom unless you're willing to take a risk. I don't need to read on any forum about what people have done, and mishaps that they've encountered, ... i've been doing this **** for over ten years, and modding these cars since they landed on our shores...

The SC vs turbo statement was simply implying that it does Not matter what kind of FI you choose, ... just that blanket statement everyone seems to say is that "SC's are 'safer' than turbos", ... i'm saying(my point is) that is a Misleading statement to people who do ot understand how any of this stuff works.

other than that, i don't know what i was trying to say, maybe I got shot at that day and so my post did not make sense....

Last edited by NoLimit; 09-09-2006 at 12:18 PM.
Old 09-09-2006 | 12:36 PM
Cool

[QUOTE=NoLimit.
Going with a SC is no less of a risk than turbo! [/QUOTE]

That is absoutly False.

The lower, linear torque curve with a SC is much less risk and easier in the stock internals than the higher Tq of the turbo.

Old 09-10-2006 | 01:38 AM
well since everyone here is a professional, and knows everything about warranties to bolt on FI systems, ... i'll let the know it alls inform all the n00b's about what is safe.

ANY FI system is a risk if it is not installed or tuned correctly. period. that is my point.

Old 09-10-2006 | 07:24 AM
Wink

Originally Posted by NoLimit
ANY FI system is a risk if it is not installed or tuned correctly. period. that is my point.

Now....I absoutly agree with that!

See post #3

Old 09-12-2006 | 12:39 AM
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
If I had a conservatively tuned JWT turbo system w/ the V-pro on the Rev-up (stronger internals) then I might be willing to run around 370 on the stock block w/ no major worries.
When Dr_jitsu?

As for power, I will stand behind my statement, 400 IS THE MAX on PUMP if you are driving in boost and revving, reaching limits, or whatever - if hard driving for any periods of time. Good-Luck.

HEAT HEAT HEAT...That is the danger with ANY FI...TT, ST, SC...Doesn't matter.

NOTE:
Anything over 8.5 PSI and then it is all about FUEL
...Race fuel creates a safety net, but if you try to drive hard with an aggressive tune at +8.5 PSI on Pump, you will see detonation and you will see holes in your block.

8.5 PSI + and you will see detonation unless you are addressing serious timing... Race Fuel decreases detonation.

Even OVER-REVVING, mis-shifting, creating HEAT because of the weather, and racing hard - EVEN on a Stillen...will create detonation (if under-load with Shi$y Fuel) and we have seen 3 blown motors even from Stillen within the last year. Yes, that is right. Seen more blown motors from SC's this year than TTs.

If you want bigger power (+8.5 PSI) on a Stock-motor, better be willing to Spend $$$ on fuel or be extra careful driving...If it hasn't happened yet, if when it will happen soon enough. Boom.

Doesn't matter the kit, programming box, or how many people say they can run 500 WHP on a stock motor, maybe on the dyno for 8-10 seconds. Don't believe everythng you read.

Not try to scare anyone, off, just trying to keep it real. Bigger power and you will want to build the bottom-end and lower the Piston compression ratio, then turn up the boost TO BE SAFE.

Good-Luck.

M

Last edited by mraturbo; 09-12-2006 at 04:13 AM.
Old 10-01-2006 | 03:06 AM
so, what are the best SC installs for 2006 G35 AT? Stillen seems to be a favorite, Vortec a close second... or an I reading this wrong...

Old 10-01-2006 | 09:31 AM
Do a search, it has been discussed so many times. Stillen and Vortec (Root VS Centrifugal) has a total different use. They are totally different kind of SC and it's all about what fit your driving style.

Old 12-20-2006 | 01:00 PM
Dont the "revup" motors have stronger forged rods than the previous years?

Old 12-20-2006 | 02:16 PM
yes...

Old 12-21-2006 | 07:16 PM
Polyester Pileup FTW!
I bought the APS single. Had it fine tuned on a dyno dynamics to the amount of 340whp which is just right for me. I have put almost 18,000 miles on it since the tubo install of moderate-spirited daily driving. I check the fluids 2-3 times a week and top them off regularly as well as keeping 91+ octane in the tank. So far it has been problem free.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Running 400whp on stock internals safe?