Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

update 350Z stillen

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 06:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
update 350Z stillen

It was all put together last night. It was a night mare!!
The vacum nipple broke on the by pass actuator and the bolt sized on the upper SC belt tensoner!!! We had to break it and drill it out. It too four tries but i got the actuator fixed. The vacum lines are a pain in the A...
The blower was ported,put in the new stillen box, new injecter, installed my flashed ECU, and put on the 9lb. pulley.
THE RESULTS, 5 LBS OF BOOST ON THE GAUGE!!!!!!!!
I HAD 8.5 BEFORE THE ABOVE MOD'S!!!!!!
IT HITS THE REV LIMITER AT 6850 !!!! (7100 ????)
LORD KNOWS WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN I CHANGE THE FUEL PUMP !!!!!!
Running on 94 sunoco and lucas octane boost, same as before.
Double cheched everthing and can not find anything wrong. It does not rev as crisp as it did.
Does anybody know how long it takes the ECU to run properly after it has been re installed?
At least i have a week before the drag races and i will dyno it soon.
APS twin turbo 11.33 1/4 mile times.
I do not think mine will go 13.3 this time. The more I do to it the slower it goes!!!! But it sound mean.
It will go out on the highway tonight and we will see what will happen ??????
...... to be continued .......

Old 09-13-2006, 10:17 PM
The SC made 6 lbs of boost under more agresive driving but i did not go out on the highway. The more i drive it the quicker it is getting. It still has a long way to go but it is showing more life now.

Old 09-14-2006, 06:47 PM
Found the problem it was the small SC belt. Took the belt off and the tensoner, reinstalled it and it hits 8.5 of boost in no time.
It pulls hard.
It was worth all the problem and waiting time that it took to get it back on line.

Old 09-14-2006, 10:44 PM
English dude, English
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by smz black
Found the problem it was the small SC belt. Took the belt off and the tensoner, reinstalled it and it hits 8.5 of boost in no time.
It pulls hard.
It was worth all the problem and waiting time that it took to get it back on line.
What was the problem with the belt and tensioner?

Old 09-14-2006, 11:11 PM
tensoner problem

the problem was that when we replaced the large bolt we did not tighten up the nut on the idler . It came off as i drove the car today. i was lucky to find it laying on the motor.
The other problen I think was that the flashed ecu ajusted its self to the car. The car was running very rich and this problem corected its self.
If you dump too much fuel into a eaton blower it will loss lots of boost.
Drove the car on the high way late tonight and it screams.
shifted gears at 6800 to 6900.
Still have to change the fuel pump and it should give it more top end power.
The HKS DL 11 should be here intime for the drag race day and it should give me 6 rwhp acording to Stillen.

Old 09-23-2006, 10:59 PM
Today it went to the track

I put Sunoco 94 in the tank and went to the track. 74 degrees and 100% humidity. It rained all morning and the sun came out at 11.00 AM. The drag day was canncelled and we just had a test and tune day. Car made 8 lbs of boost and ran a best of 13.26 on street tires. My exhaust pipes are black and it trapped at 107 mph. It ran faster on a stage 2 setup on 8 lb pulley than it did on stage 4 updates. 13.21 and a 13.08. Most people ran 3 th's slower today but the car did not feel slow.
It is running way too rich. Next step is to add a air fuel gauge and see what is going on. I was not pleased with these #'s. I am considering putiing in the stage 2 box and re installing the stage 2 injecter and running with just the fuel pump change. I am positive that the new injecter is the cause of this problem. Does anybody know what size the stage 2 and stage 4 injecters are. Today I was running a 9 lb pulley and a ported SC. I spoke to Bob and he told me that if a SC runs rich it will loose a fair bit of power. The only good news is that the event day was post poned till Oct 21. Will keep you guys posted on any future developments. Any body have these same problems? Or have any ideas how to fix this thing.

Thanks

Old 10-02-2006, 01:58 AM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Please post results after your next trip.

Old 10-06-2006, 09:38 PM
Its getting quicker

Well I installed the smaller injecter on the stage 4 box and the car just screams on 94 sunoco and lucas octane boost. It hits the limiter at 6900 Tack is out by 200 rpm.
at 6200 to 6400 it starts to ping and makes funny sounds from the passenger side of the car. Not sure what the problem is but it needs to be looked at. 3 rd gear in (mm) is quick. 100 km to 163 in no time with 9 Lbs of boost. Car still runs rich.
I installed the HKS dl2 and regapped the plugs at 41 thou.
It has more punch with the plugs gapped at 28 thou.
My guess is that the car runs a little lean on the stage 4 box with the small injecter. I just finished installeing the stage 2 box with the small injecter and it pulls harder than the stage 4 box. It flows more fuel. i am looking for an injecter between the stage 2 and stage 4 injecter, it should do the trick. You can feel the difference in the ported SC. Dyno day is next week. I can change boxes quickly as i have installed quick disconect jacks on the wiring and the boxes. What a pain changing the big injecter to the small one with out taking of the blower!! the only thing remaining is to change the cams to Scott's performance cam's ( will take away the valve overlap and should make some good hp. ( at least 20 more.)
My base line was around 217 and i hope i now have 335.
it feels like more. 118 more RWHP is a good gain for a 5at.
will keep you guys posted. Note these are real #'s and it took me 2 years to get them. I hope that the air is good at the track in 2 weeks. 12.5 to 12.6 in the 1/4. This is the what we are trying to do.
Please do not try these changes on your own car as i have modified the stage 2 injecter to flow more fuel and AAM has tweaked my factory ECU. you could blow your engine.
I have a spare long block if this happens.
i am working on an air fuel gauge set up next.
SMZ BLACK

Last edited by smz black; 10-06-2006 at 09:44 PM.
Old 10-07-2006, 03:33 AM
Grocery getter

Oh wow. You have an AT?

Old 10-07-2006, 06:12 AM
Yes it is a 2003 5 AT 350z. have you dynoed your stage 4 ? I have changed every thing possible and for the money i spent i could have got the APS turbos and could have had 500rwhp. But i like my stillen it sound mean and nasty. The car is realy finiky in reguards to humidity.
it does not run well on humid days. 13.12 in the 1/4 mile on a humid day. my stillen VB is great and the more power i get the quicker the shift in MM,
i would post pictures but i do not know how to post them.

Old 10-07-2006, 10:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by smz black
Yes it is a 2003 5 AT 350z. have you dynoed your stage 4 ? I have changed every thing possible and for the money i spent i could have got the APS turbos and could have had 500rwhp. But i like my stillen it sound mean and nasty. The car is realy finiky in reguards to humidity.
it does not run well on humid days. 13.12 in the 1/4 mile on a humid day. my stillen VB is great and the more power i get the quicker the shift in MM,
i would post pictures but i do not know how to post them.
threads are just more believable with pictures! We would apreciate if you get a chance to try this.

Put picture onto your computer.
goto the website www.imageshack.us
click browse
find the picture in what ever folder you saved it in and click host it
it will give you a direct link to the picture at the bottom
then copy and past it it will look like this
http://img342.imageshack.us/img342/6...41smallnq6.jpg

then you put a [img] in front of link and then a [/img] in back and then it will do this

Old 10-07-2006, 06:25 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
i really hate to say this but i smell to much bullsh!t here.i talked to mike at aam quite awhile ago about getting more power,and this is what he said.get rid of the fmu and go with a utech,ditch the 7th injector and stock injectors,replace with 440 injectors,upgrade the fuel pump and then tune.$3500 for about 40 more rwhp,he dynoed my car and from i read about this thread is bullsh!t.going back to a smaller injector and reinstalling the stage 2 box is crap.i really dont think you have a clue to as what the *** you are doing.try giving sam at stillen a call and feed him this bs and see what he says.yes you can run the car on a stage 2 box while being stage 4 but do not get into higher boost or guess what might happen.please get real with the **** you are posting.

Old 10-07-2006, 08:24 PM
Grocery getter

Originally Posted by superchargedg
i really hate to say this but i smell to much bullsh!t here.i talked to mike at aam quite awhile ago about getting more power,and this is what he said.get rid of the fmu and go with a utech,ditch the 7th injector and stock injectors,replace with 440 injectors,upgrade the fuel pump and then tune.$3500 for about 40 more rwhp,he dynoed my car and from i read about this thread is bullsh!t.going back to a smaller injector and reinstalling the stage 2 box is crap.i really dont think you have a clue to as what the *** you are doing.try giving sam at stillen a call and feed him this bs and see what he says.yes you can run the car on a stage 2 box while being stage 4 but do not get into higher boost or guess what might happen.please get real with the **** you are posting.
Calm down...

Give him a chance to post some pics and prove himself. He has some other longer threads with a lot of info on this project. If it's BS then he has taken a lot of time to work it up. I agree it's hard, very hard to believe but I want to see some proof and not scare him away.

Old 10-07-2006, 11:41 PM
I PM. both of you guys and sent you my home email.
email me and i will send pictures and dyno curves of my car.
Bottom line. I have spent alot of money on this car and it will never make more than 345 rwhp.
if you like i will send you my home phone # for it would easyer that way to explain the shortfalls of the m-62 and why its stop making rwhp when you spin it above 17500 rpm. I tried the radom cats and i lost 6 rwhp with them as the engine lost boost because of the 17 degree valve overlap.
finnally i have a service tecnition who works for a Nissan highperformance dealer ship who tunes and works on my car.
No BS
please email per your PM.

Old 10-08-2006, 01:13 AM
Grocery getter

This is the exact reason I said to let him prove it. I believe that this kit has more to offer if you are willing to put the time and money into it. It's not the best value above 340whp by far but can do it.

You will see your share of negative comments on here and my350z but don't let that stop you.

Thanks for the PM and good luck with your next trip to the track. Please keep us posted.