Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

G35 Greddy TT Install + Fully built Short Block + Kinetix Plenum

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-21-2008, 11:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sinister350GT
491 wrhp
455 ft/lbs torque @ 15psi

I did not want to push this motor yet. I should be good for upto 18 or 19 psi?
Dyno Sheet:

Attached Thumbnails G35 Greddy TT Install + Fully built Short Block + Kinetix Plenum-dyno.jpg  
Old 05-21-2008, 03:57 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
what compression pistons and cams do you use for that hp/boost?

Originally Posted by sharif@forged
On pump gas 93 octane, we usually stop at about 14-15psi max, which yields about 500-550whp on the DD....maybe 550-600whp or so on a dynojet.

Old 05-21-2008, 04:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i would think the graph would be a little different with greddy twins. most graphs i've seen have the trq ramp up alot earlier. my car wasnt dyno'd on a dyno dynamics so i cant speak to that type of dyno. here's my graph.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:42 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Here's my old dyno at 13psi on 91. with a single W 255 fuel pump
I ran out of fuel up high. After a larger pump and line were added it made another ~30 ft-lbs at the same boost. I don't have that one loaded but it looks about the same, just with a bit more tq.

Last edited by ttrank; 05-08-2009 at 02:10 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:51 PM
^^see what mean? most of the time you will see your trq ramp up around 3500rpms or so. i think tuners can 'tune' the vq so that the trq comes in later, so that your engine doesnt have all that stress down low. maybe thats what they did. but i'm no tuner, i'm just speculating from seeing all the greddy tt dynos on the my350 site.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:18 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by str8dum1
what compression pistons and cams do you use for that hp/boost?
9.0:1 CR

Hey, did you get my reply to your last PM.....I didn't hear back from you.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:25 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sharif. i pm'd you about something but i never got a response. =(

Old 05-21-2008, 08:32 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by johnnyd
Sharif. i pm'd you about something but i never got a response. =(
You just sent it today...I just replied.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:43 AM
Dyno Sheet:
Wow dude that is some awesome power. I want to go Twin Turbo here to soon.
Couple questions for you and maybe a couple you could ask your tuner.
I see 2 dyno charts the pink one you obviously ran more boost that the first one so that is your 15 PSI run is it.
How much boost was running on the green graph? ( looks like it slowly peaked and then fell) probably perfect for my car I don't have a built engine.
I noticed that the altitude correction was set at 1.139 so does that mean that your horse power was actually 431.1 and 400 uncorrected respectably or is there something else below that correction factor that I can't see the picture is kind of foggy. I see an inertia setting at 100 but not sure what that would even represent. I asked my old tuner back home about that correction factor he thought it was kinda high especially for a boosted car but also said there might be circumstances that warranted it also. Just something you could ask your tuner for me if you could. Not that there is anything wrong with 400 whp LOL.
My next question is why did your tuner tune the lower boost tune at aproximately 10.9 afr then your big boost run at almost 11.9 ( lambda times 14.7=afr) Seemed kind of backwards to me are they doing some kind of timing drop or something and they need to run it leaner.
My last question is my most important I see the horsepower on a nice progressive climb then at 4500 changes drastically. As well on your high horsepower run at 5000 see almost a .6 lambda =.89 AFR drop. I do not know these engines and am no tuner but on my 300z when we saw this on the dyno we were getting sever detonation especially on a load bearing dyno.
Forgive me for my questions as an engineer we always ask questions LOL.
Nice numbers would love to see the torque sheet on this as well maybe you could post that up and some more pics of your car. I read you won some shows with it must be pretty nice then.

Old 05-22-2008, 04:01 AM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
the kinetics plenum actually works really well on 15 psi and above, dyno graphs to prove it!! it doesnt help on low boost applications though.
Curious, it works compared to what?

Old 05-22-2008, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by NOBSG35
Wow dude that is some awesome power. I want to go Twin Turbo here to soon.
Couple questions for you and maybe a couple you could ask your tuner.
I see 2 dyno charts the pink one you obviously ran more boost that the first one so that is your 15 PSI run is it.
How much boost was running on the green graph? ( looks like it slowly peaked and then fell) probably perfect for my car I don't have a built engine.
I noticed that the altitude correction was set at 1.139 so does that mean that your horse power was actually 431.1 and 400 uncorrected respectably or is there something else below that correction factor that I can't see the picture is kind of foggy. I see an inertia setting at 100 but not sure what that would even represent. I asked my old tuner back home about that correction factor he thought it was kinda high especially for a boosted car but also said there might be circumstances that warranted it also. Just something you could ask your tuner for me if you could. Not that there is anything wrong with 400 whp LOL.
My next question is why did your tuner tune the lower boost tune at aproximately 10.9 afr then your big boost run at almost 11.9 ( lambda times 14.7=afr) Seemed kind of backwards to me are they doing some kind of timing drop or something and they need to run it leaner.
My last question is my most important I see the horsepower on a nice progressive climb then at 4500 changes drastically. As well on your high horsepower run at 5000 see almost a .6 lambda =.89 AFR drop. I do not know these engines and am no tuner but on my 300z when we saw this on the dyno we were getting sever detonation especially on a load bearing dyno.
Forgive me for my questions as an engineer we always ask questions LOL.
Nice numbers would love to see the torque sheet on this as well maybe you could post that up and some more pics of your car. I read you won some shows with it must be pretty nice then.
These are some good questions.
Posted is a copy of last nights graph with the torque curve.

544wrhp

Attached Thumbnails G35 Greddy TT Install + Fully built Short Block + Kinetix Plenum-dyno-544-wrhp.jpg  
Old 05-22-2008, 03:38 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
^^ holy torque death batman. Looks like you should never shift past 6k rpms.

Old 05-23-2008, 01:35 AM
Wow and Wow that is amazing you car must be a moster to drive.

Did you ask your tuner about their exceptionally high correction ratio I am very curious to know why they are doing that. My old tuner and I looked at the values they had in the dyno picture the other day and using the most modern and accepted correction value J1339SAE. I posted it below (sorry geeky engineer here). The dyno should only have a correction of 1.06 not 1.139 as I saw the other day. Then there is the arguement of this being even lower due to forced induction.

cf=1.176[(990/Pd)*((Tc+273)/298).05]-0.176
this is new SAE accepted formula to provide acurate measurements from 5 - 35 deg C

I am still noticing a major slide of torque and Hp while accelerating at the 4200 rpm mark as well as a major torque drop at the end. Are you sure this engine isn't suffering from detonation might really want to ask your tuner.

I also noticed that you had 149 dyno runs on this car. Is that safe to do? Or is that the total number of dyno runs on that dyno? Is this like a brand new shop?
Keep up the good work and keep the big numbers coming.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:13 AM
brand new shop I an customer 12.

I this I have a prob @ 4200 rpm in second it studders and sounds like popping?
I need to have then clean up this tune. please post any comments you might have fr my tuner.

Old 05-23-2008, 11:38 AM
brand new shop I an customer 12.

I this I have a prob @ 4200 rpm in second it studders and sounds like popping?
I need to have then clean up this tune. please post any comments you might have fr my tuner.
I am no tuner just regurgitating information from my old tuner. You are one brave man having amature hour with your car. You have a nice car man becareful. You may be buying a new engine if these guys screw it up. So they have done 149 runs on your car dude that is so much. Anyways once again regurgitating when we saw slides in torque during accel it was usually det but this is only experiance on my 300z not sure about the G35. I am thinking about coming down for that G35 meet are you coming?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: G35 Greddy TT Install + Fully built Short Block + Kinetix Plenum