Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

G35 Greddy TT Install + Fully built Short Block + Kinetix Plenum

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-23-2008 | 12:46 PM
|
I will be there for the meet yes.
As for the tuner his is not new tho this game and has been tuning nissian for many years I also have support from Nissian Corp and UpRev Inc in Texas.
They know there chit
The dyno has had 149 pulls my car less than 25

Old 05-23-2008 | 03:27 PM
like i stated earlier, i'm just curious why your trq goes up and then falls flat. most the greddy tt cars coming out tuned have a pretty flat trq curve. thats where your good midrange power comes from. getting a high peak number is nice, but you'll enjoy a broader midrange better, trust me. i have the blitz sbc-id and utec with map selector. two button presses and i'm at 600whp. funny thing is i have used that setting once since the car was tuned in sept. 07. go to my350z and check some of the dynos of greddy tt cars with built motors. the numbers might vary, but the curves look the similar.

Old 05-23-2008 | 05:09 PM
|
Originally Posted by NOBSG35
Did you ask your tuner about their exceptionally high correction ratio I am very curious to know why they are doing that. My old tuner and I looked at the values they had in the dyno picture the other day and using the most modern and accepted correction value J1339SAE. I posted it below (sorry geeky engineer here). The dyno should only have a correction of 1.06 not 1.139 as I saw the other day. Then there is the arguement of this being even lower due to forced induction.

cf=1.176[(990/Pd)*((Tc+273)/298).05]-0.176
this is new SAE accepted formula to provide acurate measurements from 5 - 35 deg C

I guess the reason for the high correction ratio is that the dyno thins its @ sea level and there is a problem with the calibration that is why they used the 1.3 not 1.03

Old 05-24-2008 | 12:33 PM
|
Driven to Perform 2008

http://www.driventoperform.ca/home

The Driven To Perform MEGA Tour will once again combine the hottest names in entertainment, unbelievable demo vehicles from all over North America, magazine covers cars and hundreds of show cars and much much more!

Performance and Show Vehicles:
Featuring hundreds of jaw dropping show and performance cars, SUVs and luxury vehicles pimped and blinged out for your viewing pleasure! See demo vehicles from not only Western Canada but from across North America!

Performance Bikes:
DTP will feature some of the hottest performance and show bikes in Western Canada. Checkout the evolution of two wheelers designed to rule city streets with pure attitude!

Car Audio/Multimedia:
Showcasing crazy installations, booming sound systems, multimedia sensory overload and the latest in mobile audio technology.

Another local car show here in calgary and here are some spy shots of my ride the night before

Attached Thumbnails G35 Greddy TT Install + Fully built Short Block + Kinetix Plenum-p9290001.jpg   G35 Greddy TT Install + Fully built Short Block + Kinetix Plenum-p9290002.jpg  
Old 05-24-2008 | 01:41 PM
Grocery getter
Premier Member
Time for a new front end to get some air to that IC!!!

Old 05-25-2008 | 01:12 AM
|
Originally Posted by Sinister350GT
http://www.driventoperform.ca/home

The Driven To Perform MEGA Tour will once again combine the hottest names in entertainment, unbelievable demo vehicles from all over North America, magazine covers cars and hundreds of show cars and much much more!

Performance and Show Vehicles:
Featuring hundreds of jaw dropping show and performance cars, SUVs and luxury vehicles pimped and blinged out for your viewing pleasure! See demo vehicles from not only Western Canada but from across North America!

Performance Bikes:
DTP will feature some of the hottest performance and show bikes in Western Canada. Checkout the evolution of two wheelers designed to rule city streets with pure attitude!

Car Audio/Multimedia:
Showcasing crazy installations, booming sound systems, multimedia sensory overload and the latest in mobile audio technology.

Another local car show here in calgary and here are some spy shots of my ride the night before
Won Best Japanese Luxury.

Old 05-25-2008 | 03:14 AM
Originally Posted by Sinister350GT
Won Best Japanese Luxury.
Congrats Luke the car looked great. i will post more pictures of the show when I have time I just got home and need sleep. Did they give you the trophy for best Japanese Luxury they announced it as best Infiniti. Good work either way.

Old 05-25-2008 | 02:42 PM
|
Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
Congrats Luke the car looked great. i will post more pictures of the show when I have time I just got home and need sleep. Did they give you the trophy for best Japanese Luxury they announced it as best Infiniti. Good work either way.
I was putting the bumper back on my car and really did not expect to pick up any hardware, was a little shocked considering the calliber of other cars in the show (ie: yours) but I really appreaciate it, thanks.

Old 05-25-2008 | 03:04 PM
|
Originally Posted by ZXERT
Vids Or The Cat Gets It
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/220125/dt...our-pics-here/

Old 05-26-2008 | 02:22 PM
My photo skills suck but here are a few of Sinisters car.

Old 05-27-2008 | 10:55 AM
|
Vodoo PC

I installed my Vodoo PC and screen.
I did not have the kit that puts the screen where the factory nav is so...

Attached Thumbnails G35 Greddy TT Install + Fully built Short Block + Kinetix Plenum-image_047.jpg   G35 Greddy TT Install + Fully built Short Block + Kinetix Plenum-image_048.jpg  
Old 05-28-2008 | 03:28 PM
that is one badassss set up you got there sir Much props and have fun!

Old 05-29-2008 | 12:15 PM
|
Originally Posted by NOBSG35
Wow and Wow that is amazing you car must be a moster to drive.

Did you ask your tuner about their exceptionally high correction ratio I am very curious to know why they are doing that. My old tuner and I looked at the values they had in the dyno picture the other day and using the most modern and accepted correction value J1339SAE. I posted it below (sorry geeky engineer here). The dyno should only have a correction of 1.06 not 1.139 as I saw the other day. Then there is the arguement of this being even lower due to forced induction.
cf=1.176[(990/Pd)*((Tc+273)/298).05]-0.176
this is new SAE accepted formula to provide acurate measurements from 5 - 35 deg C
I am still noticing a major slide of torque and Hp while accelerating at the 4200 rpm mark as well as a major torque drop at the end. Are you sure this engine isn't suffering from detonation might really want to ask your tuner.

I also noticed that you had 149 dyno runs on this car. Is that safe to do? Or is that the total number of dyno runs on that dyno? Is this like a brand new shop?
Keep up the good work and keep the big numbers coming.
Reply from my tuner:

Originally posted by Toma
I dunno where he got his 1.06 figure.... Red Deer is 3000 feet, minimum correction for altitude alone on a perfect day would be 12%... doing the math by J1349 you get 13.2% correction.... using J1995 you get 13.9 ... I dunno what j1339 is, but between his formula and J1349, there is no difference in the final number.

If on some of the pics he saw the pressure, it's probably wrong.... the DynoDynamics weather station was ****ed... read 31 in Hg and would not change... we used my portable weather station I carry with me... (AROUND 890 mB as I recall) Fidel sent his unit back to DD.

In reality, NONE of the corrections are really approved for correction above 1.07, but its the best we have, but for higher elevation, it seems the correction should be skewed upwards anyway... ie, the NHRA accepted factor for correcting ET and MPH in Calgary (almost exactly the same elevation as Red Deer) is .9565... you work the power numbers from that, and you get about 14.4% on a good day .... so its all in the ballpark, all the factors, formulas etc were derived through empirical testing, and regression analysis.... none are an "absolute".

BUT

There really is no good correction factor for boosted cars.... the correction would have to be boost referenced AND turbo efficiency referenced, and vary depending if you were running wastegate spring pressure, or manifold absolute pressure targets for boost.........

so, pretty well everyone in Alberta just uses the same correction for a turbo car versus a supercharged car, nitrous car, NA car.... the reason is because the power numbers are most relevant here..... compared to say a same weight car with the same NA hp, the performance will be the same.... so, if a guy showed up with a 544 na power car, you would run the same as him HERE. Had there been no correction used, your number would be much lower, but you would still be the same speed.

As for the AF ratio's.... we made a bunch of runs.... that just happened to be where that particular run was... Fidel probably has numerous tunes at different boost levels, I think he just left the best one for the boost the car was left with.... we could not make one tune for all boost levels at the time cause the areas in the base fuel table the ecu looked at at various boost levels were the same... with overlapping MAF values at various rpms across different boost levels..... changing it for one boost level, changed the AF for other levels....

The dip was where the boost "rippled".... if you look at the higher boost logs, the boost curve was never exactly the same down there, and this affected the AF ratio at that point on occasion. .... I dont think this was in your final graph, I think the curve was flatter, but you would have to check with Fidel.

Did I get everything ? lol

Old 06-21-2008 | 01:40 AM
|
went to the track tonight finially!!!
first run:
12.77 @ 116 mph
.330 r/t = shat
but still ran down a new Z06 will post the slip later

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: G35 Greddy TT Install + Fully built Short Block + Kinetix Plenum