Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

STS Remote-Mount Turbo Intro Price.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 11:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do you have the contact info?

Old 01-22-2008, 12:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I remember correctly its 866-weturbo.

Old 01-22-2008, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by 6spG
If I remember correctly its 866-weturbo.

hey, how's the car?

MALCHEMY,
You can always go to http://ststurbo.com/ and check them out.

Old 01-22-2008, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by FI'ed G
hey, how's the car?

MALCHEMY,
You can always go to http://ststurbo.com/ and check them out.
It's running good (when I drive it). Just hit 1200 miles on the kit. The only issue I had was the BOV sticking (that issue has been resolved).

I'm thinking about upping the boost by 1 or 2 psi come this spring. Since this is not my DD and I planning on getting a built short block in the next year or so, why not.

Old 01-22-2008, 02:31 PM
/\ you are running 6psi right now right? Definitely up it to 7-8. I have been running 8 psi exclusively since I get so bored with the 4.5psi map that I have. I'm just waiting to install my Test Pipe and my Water/Meth Trunk Mount kit.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:09 PM

Last edited by sub zero; 01-30-2008 at 11:04 AM.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:49 PM
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by escobar929
wow, Group Buy!
+1 (if it hasn't been mentioned already)

My Vortech vs. STS debate is coming to a close soon. Now that you've had your system almost 2 years, how's reliability been on this STS system FI' ed G and 6spD?

Old 03-18-2009, 10:14 PM
Kit has been very reliable for me. I have yet to replace anything in my car except my spark plugs and my usual regular oil change every 2750miles. I also still have the original STS Air Filter.

Old 03-19-2009, 01:31 AM
FI'ed... Hey what's going on bud! Glad to hear you're running trouble free. I remember reading about a guy that had an idle issue on my350 who was able to resolve it with a quick fix. What kind of maitenance schedule do you have to follow to make sure everything is running properly with the system?

As for me, my main concerns would be reliability and daily drive ability. The bottom line is, I'm really liking this setup due to the benefits you've already laid out beforehand. In a few clips I noticed one guy has an exhaust much louder than everyone else.

I guess that's cool for him but for me I'd like to keep it maybe a tad louder than stock unless I really get on it. Do you know anything about the ability to add an additional resonator on the exhaust and any I'll effects of doing so?

Also, how loud does your exhaust get if you're just cruising around before boost? (in vacuum) Thanks in advance

Last edited by tiguy99; 03-19-2009 at 01:38 AM.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:19 PM
The only maintenance I have done were changed my spark plugs twice (I change mine every year), cleaned my Air Filter which I also do once a year and the usual regular oil change every 2750 miles. I also send my oil to BlackStone for analysis and so far the result has been fantastic.

I have a Test Pipes so mine is a little loud for my taste If you are concern about the loudness then I strongly recommend getting a metallic HFC. I did decent power when I had my stock cat but the throttle response is much better with the TP. Post up on the STS thread in MY350Z if you want more concern.

Old 03-19-2009, 12:37 PM
I'm happy with mine (as long as you don't use HFC). In fact, I'm in the process of some upgrades. I'm currently installing the HKS EVC6, RFS Sage.5 and, switching to UpRev.

Old 03-19-2009, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by FI'ed G
The only maintenance I have done were changed my spark plugs twice (I change mine every year), cleaned my Air Filter which I also do once a year and the usual regular oil change every 2750 miles. I also send my oil to BlackStone for analysis and so far the result has been fantastic.

I have a Test Pipes so mine is a little loud for my taste If you are concern about the loudness then I strongly recommend getting a metallic HFC. I did decent power when I had my stock cat but the throttle response is much better with the TP. Post up on the STS thread in MY350Z if you want more concern.
Whoa you change your spark plugs 1x/year! Wow. How many miles do you drive per year? Were you doing this before you added the STS system?

I think the guy Cmytailights is also running test pipes as well. I couldn't tell if the other guy Daniel (with Red Z) was running test pipes or stock cats on his ride especially at the end of his flyby video when he pulls up at and you hear his exhaust up close.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll post some more questions/points on my350 and gather some more data from the Z guys over there.

I'm happy with mine (as long as you don't use HFC). In fact, I'm in the process of some upgrades. I'm currently installing the HKS EVC6, RFS Sage.5 and, switching to UpRev.
What happens if you run HFCs? I've got Berks that I recently picked up. I planned on keeping them when I go FI. What benefits will you have with these upgrades?

Thanks guys for this thread over here. Very informative BTW

Old 03-19-2009, 03:58 PM
If the honey comb in the HFC's comes apart, you can say bye to the turbo.

Old 03-19-2009, 04:18 PM
If the honey comb in the HFC's comes apart, you can say bye to the turbo.
Oh wow! Can you explain how the honeycomb from the HFCs would get sucked into the turbo? Is it sucking air in from the exhaust pipe as well? How durable is that stuff? How would the stock cats hold up? I'm trying to avoid test pipes because I'm concerned about passing emissions tests here in Illinois.

That plus the fact I don't want my car to have the test pipe smell thing going on. That definitely attracts the cops around here and for me that's a no no

Last edited by tiguy99; 03-19-2009 at 04:26 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:11 PM
/\ This is why you have to get at least a steel HFC or any HFC that can handle high powered boosted car. Goosegoose blew his HFC but I think he was just running a ceramic HFC, and he was also boosting 14+psi. His turbo was still fine even after blowing his cat because his mid pipe muffler pretty much filtered most of the debris.. PM boozt in my350z coz he's running an all steel HFC and he track his car regularly.

Some vendors recommend changed the spark plugs every 10K miles so that is pretty much once a year for me. Spark Plugs is cheap and I just didnt want to take a chance.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: STS Remote-Mount Turbo Intro Price.