Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

STS Remote-Mount Turbo Intro Price.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2007 | 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by AthenG
You can even use a Front-mount Turbo and combine it with the Rear-Mount Turbo then you got your self a Twin Turbo Any thing is possible as long as your EMS can handle it. Much cheaper will be Nitrous and Turbo
humm no lag..lol that way huh

Old 08-23-2007 | 08:55 AM
Last night I decided to start the install of my STS kit on my G. First thing I did was to tap for the fuel pump, and then installed the injectors and the spark plugs. Was not too difficult, took me about 2 ½ to 3 hours to do all that. I am documenting everything with pics and will keep you guys updated on the progress.

Old 08-23-2007 | 09:54 AM
|
/\ Great For you! let me know how you re-routed the oil return line. Also did you get the 4.5lbs WS spring or went with stock 7.5lbs?

Edit:
Also please post on the my350z thread for update and question.

Last edited by FI'ed G; 08-23-2007 at 09:57 AM.
Old 08-23-2007 | 10:07 AM
Well I decided to get the turbo!!!! The thing I am wondering is should I buy the kit now (I wont install until winter is over) or just wait until winter is over and buy the kit and have it installed. Do you think the price will go up or down?

Old 08-23-2007 | 11:41 AM
|
Originally Posted by digital1986
Well I decided to get the turbo!!!! The thing I am wondering is should I buy the kit now (I wont install until winter is over) or just wait until winter is over and buy the kit and have it installed. Do you think the price will go up or down?

I had a discussion with them about this, the price $5000(old pipe) and $5500(new pipe) is for the second batch of testers, I gave them how much cheaper you can get a complete Greddy TT kit and even provided Sharif's thread. I hope that they will re-consider their $6200 price tag and just by looking at competition this kit should not go beyond $6000 to be competitive. One thing I'm for sure is that I don't think they will ever sell this complete for $5000 so this is going to be your call, also I can't tell you if there is going to be any changes on the kit for the next 6 months even though we are discussing an FMIC upgrade. The way Rick see this product, he believe that the current kit is more than enough for stock application and for safety (36whp-400whp) anything more than that then it is a danger zone but he does have so many other upgrade that you can get.

Old 08-23-2007 | 01:40 PM
/\ Great For you! let me know how you re-routed the oil return line. Also did you get the 4.5lbs WS spring or went with stock 7.5lbs?

Edit:
Also please post on the my350z thread for update and question.
Came w/ the 5lb spring and an electronic boost controller.

I will post on my350z later tonight.

Old 08-23-2007 | 03:31 PM
|
Originally Posted by 6spG
Came w/ the 5lb spring and an electronic boost controller.

I will post on my350z later tonight.
what EBC did it came with I didn't know they come with it. using the 5lbs spring is much better option coz you can drive with that every day and when you are so used to it then you go to the next stage 8lbs.. then you will be so used to it that you'll be thinking of a build so you can boost 10+psi.

I also said to my self that 8 lbs with 370whp will be enough but Man o Man... You really get used to it that after awhile you think that your car is so slow.

Old 08-23-2007 | 06:27 PM
I had a discussion with them about this, the price $5000(old pipe) and $5500(new pipe) is for the second batch of testers, I gave them how much cheaper you can get a complete Greddy TT kit and even provided Sharif's thread. I hope that they will re-consider their $6200 price tag and just by looking at competition this kit should not go beyond $6000 to be competitive. One thing I'm for sure is that I don't think they will ever sell this complete for $5000 so this is going to be your call, also I can't tell you if there is going to be any changes on the kit for the next 6 months even though we are discussing an FMIC upgrade. The way Rick see this product, he believe that the current kit is more than enough for stock application and for safety (36whp-400whp) anything more than that then it is a danger zone but he does have so many other upgrade that you can get.
With that being said I will wait for winter to pass then see whats going on!

Old 08-24-2007 | 01:21 PM
what EBC did it came with I didn't know they come with it. using the 5lbs spring is much better option coz you can drive with that every day and when you are so used to it then you go to the next stage 8lbs.. then you will be so used to it that you'll be thinking of a build so you can boost 10+psi.

I also said to my self that 8 lbs with 370whp will be enough but Man o Man... You really get used to it that after awhile you think that your car is so slow.
I don't know what kind (has STS logo on it). Not to familiar w/ BC but this looks like a manual that has a toggle switch to turn in on or off (set the desired boost and then turn it on w/ the flip of a switch).

BTW I'm finding out that the instructions are not that good.

Old 08-24-2007 | 02:08 PM
|
Are you talking about the PCV switch valve?

Attached Thumbnails STS Remote-Mount Turbo Intro Price.-stspcv.jpg  
Old 08-24-2007 | 07:31 PM
Are you talking about the PCV switch valve?
Kinda. It has the switch valve and a manual boost controller but it has a switch witch is then installed by the driver. When the switch is in the off position it runs 5psi (wastgate spring). When in the on position you may set it to the desired psi (set manually). So I guess you could say its manual/electronic BC.

Old 08-27-2007 | 08:27 AM
AthenG,

Did the intaller have to do any modification for the intercooler and piping? Reason I ask is b/c I'm pretty much done but it looks like I have to make some cuts in order for the IC piping to fit.

Old 08-27-2007 | 10:05 AM
|
AthenG,

Did the intaller have to do any modification for the intercooler and piping? Reason I ask is b/c I'm pretty much done but it looks like I have to make some cuts in order for the IC piping to fit.

Maybe coz the standard kit are from the 350Z and since you have a G35 STS might have given you a little longer pipes. where exactly are you having problem? I was going to remove my bumper later this week so I can start the IC upgrade but that might be to late for you.

Old 08-27-2007 | 10:45 AM
It looks like I'm going to have to cut a hole where the pipe comes up from the IC into the BOV and TB. I will know more tonight when I route everything for the IC.

Old 08-27-2007 | 11:04 AM
|
It looks like I'm going to have to cut a hole where the pipe comes up from the IC into the BOV and TB. I will know more tonight when I route everything for the IC.

When I get home I'll try to snap some shot where my installer cut the hole for the piping's to go through.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: STS Remote-Mount Turbo Intro Price.