Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

STS Remote-Mount Turbo Intro Price.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 10:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by izmir41500
you can always wrap the exhaust pipe correct?

That is another option to keep the heat in Actually one of the tester is going to be doing this in the next week or so. There are to many things we can try, as a matter of fact one of the tester is going to upgrade to the new relocated pipe and wrapping the entire exhaust, others are contemplating wrapping and changing the CAT to test pipes and I will soon be changing the IC to a Bar/Plate design and I'll let you know if that help with the pressure drop (STS is also curious about this ). Since this is a new Kit STS are really accommodating us first time user and they are open to changes if it actually improve the performance (Relocating the charge pipe is the first thing they considered)

Old 08-07-2007, 11:20 AM
G RIDIN
thanks for the help!!! I guess we just need to wait and see what you guys can come up with

Old 08-07-2007, 12:37 PM
Mike Team350GZ
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
everytime i see this kit it catches my eye for some reason. That price of just the kit makes it even more tempting. How would the install be compared to a vortech because i am planning on installing whatever FI i go with myself. Actually how would you compare the kit overall to a vortech because right now that is what I have decided on.

Old 08-07-2007, 12:54 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
install shouldn't be to bad looks fairly easy to access everything just more pipeing

Old 08-07-2007, 12:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think I've found another benefit of the slightly longer lag (200-500 rpms as the OP stated):

Since you should have a bit better traction capability due to the lag, using 3.5 diff gears might be a feasible setup with this turbo. That extra 200-500 rpms may be enough to let let you keep the quicker acceleration of the 3.5 (which would be a huge benefit when not in boost) while still being able to maintain traction (which is why most F/I users swap in 3.3 gears).

What do you guys think?

Old 08-07-2007, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by mike281
everytime i see this kit it catches my eye for some reason. That price of just the kit makes it even more tempting. How would the install be compared to a vortech because i am planning on installing whatever FI i go with myself. Actually how would you compare the kit overall to a vortech because right now that is what I have decided on.

I think the install will be as easy as Vortech if not easier as long as you have access underneath the car for the pipings. Even with a little lag this kit still hit Full boost before you hit 4K RPM and Vortech won't hit full boost until Redline. One complaint I have heard from one of the Vortech owner is that you really have to drive it hard to get all the power meaning shift way up to redline. I don't want this to be a debate between Single Turbo and SC, having said that you pretty much know what the difference is. I think all parts that are included are top notch and are used for high power setup (cant argue about Tial) and Utec gives you more control. Self install can be done coz the kit comes with a conservative Base Map and you can do some adjustment with Utec if you want.

Other thing I like to point out about this kit is that this is in between a SC and Front-Mount Turbo pro's put together. For Instance, this thing doesn't produce mad TQ below 3K RPM (good for Stock Motor) which gives less stress on the Engine, at the same time you don't have to shift to Redline to get all the power which put a lot more stress on the Rods. All in all you have all the power around 4000RPM - 5500RPM and don't have to be way up in the 6K RPM just to feel the full power. Also you combine the sweet sound of a SC and the nasty sound of the Wastegate/BOV together in one kit

Old 08-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by dTor
I think I've found another benefit of the slightly longer lag (200-500 rpms as the OP stated):

Since you should have a bit better traction capability due to the lag, using 3.5 diff gears might be a feasible setup with this turbo. That extra 200-500 rpms may be enough to let let you keep the quicker acceleration of the 3.5 (which would be a huge benefit when not in boost) while still being able to maintain traction (which is why most F/I users swap in 3.3 gears).

What do you guys think?

It is nice to brag that you don't have traction because you have a monster setup but if you look at it at the end of the day, a little lag especially on the lower gears isn't a bad thing

Just to also point out, Vortech is one of the easiest FI'ed to control because of the linear power. Having to much power below 3500RPM can be a nightmare for traction. You can slam the Gas on a Vortech and still manage to control the car, now try that to a TT that produce full boost at 3KRPM.

Old 08-07-2007, 01:17 PM
Mike Team350GZ
Thanks AthenG that was very helpful...... making me on the fence of what to get again haha.

Old 08-07-2007, 03:20 PM
This is one bad a$$ kit. Going to purchase it next 2-3 months. Seems reliable for the VQ motor especially stock.

Old 08-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by Jeepsterja
This is one bad a$$ kit. Going to purchase it next 2-3 months. Seems reliable for the VQ motor especially stock.

The first time they released the intro price ($6300) a lot of people got turned off. I don't know if this price will last but for $5500 for a complete kit, I think is well competitive with other kit out there. Last time I check Vernon has 3 kit ready to be shipped for this price so better grab it now.

Old 08-07-2007, 07:42 PM
its a great kit and all.. it does sound bad a$$.. the only thing i didnt like when seeing it .. is how little the exhaust looks.. it just looks so weird to me.. but other than that.. not bad at all

Old 08-07-2007, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by paranormal
its a great kit and all.. it does sound bad a$$.. the only thing i didnt like when seeing it .. is how little the exhaust looks.. it just looks so weird to me.. but other than that.. not bad at all

If you leave it like stock then yeah the tip is small and ugly but there is way around that, just like what me and the other G35 tester did, we went out and got a Magnaflow Tip and made it look 100% better.

This is what I got but took away the clamp and weld it.

Attached Images  
Old 08-07-2007, 10:46 PM
G RIDIN
Can you post some pictures of you car with the kit on it, specially with the new exhaust tip?

Thx

Mahdi

Old 08-07-2007, 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by MahdiG35
Can you post some pictures of you car with the kit on it, specially with the new exhaust tip?

Thx

Mahdi

Magnaflow Tip.

Name:  IMG_1467.jpg
Views: 2097
Size:  49.8 KB

Name:  IMG_1469.jpg
Views: 2092
Size:  53.1 KB

Name:  IMG_1468.jpg
Views: 2073
Size:  46.4 KB

Back..
Don't know if you can see the Turbo A little dark but if someone can photoshop it and make it lighter.. I guarantee you it is not visible.

Name:  IMG_1471.jpg
Views: 2133
Size:  18.2 KB

Engine bay is a little mess... I need to re-route some of the hoses to make it look better also I'm thinking of powder coating the intake pipe and plenum for better bling... Notice that the silicone color don't match? Hope to replace that too..

Name:  IMG_1458.jpg
Views: 2187
Size:  90.7 KB

Old 08-07-2007, 11:39 PM
G RIDIN
your the man!!! thx for the quick pics!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: STS Remote-Mount Turbo Intro Price.