Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

STS Remote-Mount Turbo Intro Price.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 11:46 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
wow i was planning on a greddy TT with the works but this new discovery with that price may have changed my mind... I need so moer info and i might be sold

Last edited by Aced16; 08-07-2007 at 11:48 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MahdiG35
your the man!!! thx for the quick pics!

I just wish I'm getting paid pimping this kit Even if I'm the only one that has this kit, I will still be happy

Originally Posted by Aced16
wow i was planning on a greddy TT with the works but this new discovery with that price may have changed my mind... I need so moer info and i might be sold

I don't know what more info you need I pretty much laid out everything (Pro's and Con's)

Old 08-08-2007, 12:11 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm not a turbo guru by any stretch, so I have a question:

Would it be possible to mount the BOV (I assume that is the device that is attached to the intake pipe approximately where the stock air filter would be) lower on the pipe so as to hide it when the hood is open? This would be one killer, money-making, street sleeper machine. If anybody wants to check under the hood, all they would see is the "cold air intake" pipe.

Old 08-08-2007, 12:37 AM
lol very true but until now i didnt even know this existed, so i want to read alittle more about it. IE it uses stock cats and mid pipe, as well as stock headers? what if we went with after market headers and a custom mid pip? I am growing quite fond though from my last hour of research i found...

Old 08-08-2007, 10:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love this kit. I have been in a 350z with it and it sounds and performs great!!!!

Old 08-08-2007, 10:59 AM
I read that you were going to try a different Intercooler, Did anyone think of the JWT intercooler? Out of curiousity because it is split in the middle and i believe would get more air with our bumpers?

Old 08-08-2007, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by dTor
I'm not a turbo guru by any stretch, so I have a question:

Would it be possible to mount the BOV (I assume that is the device that is attached to the intake pipe approximately where the stock air filter would be) lower on the pipe so as to hide it when the hood is open? This would be one killer, money-making, street sleeper machine. If anybody wants to check under the hood, all they would see is the "cold air intake" pipe.

HHMMM, I can't answer that but I've seen one of Audible Mayhem's car in his shop that has a TN kit has its BOV attached just right after the intercooler. Also this is hard to be a sleeper coz it is not a quiet system like JWT, basically they will hear you even a few cars back if you're boosting.

Old 08-08-2007, 11:11 AM
lol very true but until now i didnt even know this existed, so i want to read alittle more about it. IE it uses stock cats and mid pipe, as well as stock headers? what if we went with after market headers and a custom mid pip? I am growing quite fond though from my last hour of research i found...

Pretty much all of us are running stock exhaust system except no muffler It is still unknown if Rear-Mount Turbo like back pressure so as few of us start modding our system it is hard to say if Headers, Y-Pipe and Mid-pipe will help. look at the bright side, all of us are running around 350whp-365whp and with all stock exhaust system so there is room for improvement.

Old 08-08-2007, 11:13 AM
I read that you were going to try a different Intercooler, Did anyone think of the JWT intercooler? Out of curiousity because it is split in the middle and i believe would get more air with our bumpers?

If you use a Twin Intercooler (with SC or ST)there is a great chance of loosing more pressure, There is already a discussion about this but with a Vortech System.

Old 08-08-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by AthenG
HHMMM, I can't answer that but I've seen one of Audible Mayhem's car in his shop that has a TN kit has its BOV attached just right after the intercooler. Also this is hard to be a sleeper coz it is not a quiet system like JWT, basically they will hear you even a few cars back if you're boosting.

I understand that, but my thought is if you roll up to whatever event you are partcipating in, while keeping the car out of boost so that it's no so loud, the prospective competition could look under the hood and probably not notice anything. How loud is it at cruising/out of boost?

Old 08-08-2007, 02:00 PM
/\ the best Sleeper Setup is Nitrous. Even if you hide the BOV they can still spot the Intercooler which by the way the first thing I look for. If you hide the intercooler then you loose air-flow and will hurt your performance.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by AthenG
/\ the best Sleeper Setup is Nitrous. Even if you hide the BOV they can still spot the Intercooler which by the way the first thing I look for. If you hide the intercooler then you loose air-flow and will hurt your performance.
Well damn...

and I've got a nice Nismo front bumper to cover it up with, too!

However, didn't I read that the intake pipe (the original one) running from the turbo to the engine gives it about 50% of its intercooling capacity? What if you welded fins on the entire length of the pipe and ran without an IC?

BTW, I did have an entire nitrous setup, but I never installed it.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:44 AM
/\ This can be done since most of the LS1 kit don't even have FMIC but most of them also running on low boost (only 4-6PSI only). There are other option like water-air IC or water/meth combo can all help.

My shop does some crazy things and here's one of their product.

RIPP Boost Cooler Digital Methanol/Water Injection System
https://www.rippstore.com/ProductDet...oductCode=1A1G

Old 08-09-2007, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by dTor
I understand that, but my thought is if you roll up to whatever event you are partcipating in, while keeping the car out of boost so that it's no so loud, the prospective competition could look under the hood and probably not notice anything. How loud is it at cruising/out of boost?
I think this is cowardly. Kind of like a professional light weight MMA figther picking fights with some regular Joe on the street who in fact might be bigger than him. The regular Joe wouldn't know that he is a professional MMA fighter, but thinking because he is smaller he could probably kick his ****....AND then gets his **** royally kicked into next week by the MMA fighter. Why would you want to race someone you know you can beat? Pick on someone your own size. Match the cars up evenly and leave it up the the drivers.

Just my $0.02

Old 08-09-2007, 03:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Thanks to AthensG and Vernon @ STS for all the info. For the price and what the kit comes with, I just could not resist. I didn’t plan on getting boost for at least another six months or longer (financial reasons).

I plan on installing this kit myself, it seems pretty straight forward (if you are somewhat mechanical inclined). Is there anything else I should know or get before I install? Also what other mods do you have?

DOMO

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: STS Remote-Mount Turbo Intro Price.