Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

single or twin

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 11:38 AM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Guy
High score? whats that mean? did I break it?
ever since that numbut posted nonsense no one's taken this thread seriously

Old 12-18-2007, 11:40 AM
Ive driven a single Z, and ridden in a TT Z. The single Z had great low/mid range hp/tq. But loses it up high. TT Z was very well rounded and had a very smooth power band, and steady pull. The single was a Turbonetics and the twin was an APS.

hhhmmm are you sure? twins especially the APS and PE have a faster spooling time and usually hit their full boost at lower rpm (2800rpm-3400rpm) Most Single Turbo dyno that I have seen especially TN usually hit full boost 3500rpm-4200rpm. Just look at the TQ curve of a TT and ST and you'll see that TT always hit its peak TQ sooner than ST.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:42 AM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
Originally Posted by FI'ed G
hhhmmm are you sure? twins especially the APS and PE have a faster spooling time and usually hit their full boost at lower rpm (2800rpm-3400rpm) Most Single Turbo dyno that I have seen especially TN usually boost 3500rpm-4200rpm. Just look at the TQ curve of a TT and ST and you'll see that TT always hit its peak TQ sooner than ST.
the ST feels faster than the TT though because the tq is so sudden whereas the TT is more gradual and linear...that's why the ST "feels" like it has more low end.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:43 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 617G
the ST feels faster than the TT though because the tq is so sudden whereas the TT is more gradual and linear...that's why the ST "feels" like it has more low end.

I couldnt have said it better.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:57 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
C or D?
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

I vote that she get D's!!

Old 12-18-2007, 02:29 PM

That is the key word FEEL!! either way we are not talking about a Vortech that gradually build boost until redline.

I couldnt have said it better.
couldn't have said it better what? that your Butt dyno is lying to you that ST is faster in the low/mid range? Show me a ST dyno that has more power in the low/mid range than a TT. Show me a ST that can hit Full Boost at 2900rpm at 8psi.

I'm not knocking ST coz I myself has one but let us keep it real.

Old 12-18-2007, 03:20 PM
a.k.a kleicoupe
I'm going Turbonetics single, I looked into the other kits, and I dont plan to go over 400whp, so I see no reason to go with the Greddy twins.

Old 12-18-2007, 03:26 PM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
That is the key word FEEL!! either way we are not talking about a Vortech that gradually build boost until redline.

couldn't have said it better what? that your Butt dyno is lying to you that ST is faster in the low/mid range? Show me a ST dyno that has more power in the low/mid range than a TT. Show me a ST that can hit Full Boost at 2900rpm at 8psi.

woah...calm down lol...he was in agreement that the ST felt like it had more mid-range, not that it did

Old 12-18-2007, 03:27 PM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
Originally Posted by kleicoupe
I'm going Turbonetics single, I looked into the other kits, and I dont plan to go over 400whp, so I see no reason to go with the Greddy twins.
only the fact that the Greddy hits full boost at 3.5k lol

Old 12-18-2007, 04:00 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ST I drove was on 12 psi, pump gas, unbuilt motor. All I said is it felt like it had better low/mid range hp/tq, than another one of my friends with a unbuilt twin greddy kit. Now Chris's car feels good ALL AROUND, smooth power all the way through and it doesnt feel like it loses anything up high. Just my opinion.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:10 PM
woah...calm down lol...he was in agreement that the ST felt like it had more mid-range, not that it did

I'm not yelling!!! hehehe that is the problem with the Internet, you can't really know the tone by just reading it.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:24 PM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
I'm not yelling!!! hehehe that is the problem with the Internet, you can't really know the tone by just reading it.
point taken...so when are we gonna run? I'll stay in low boost

Old 12-18-2007, 04:24 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Everyone has different goals for their setups so there really is no clear answer for what is "better." What might be the best setup for one guy might not be the best setup for someone else. Being in Cali (Los Angeles) with all the strict emissions laws that we have here, I chose to go with a Vortech because it comes with the CARB exemption # on the SC. That was the best option for me. Plus it's my daily driver so I didn't really want to go too crazy. I just wanted some nice extra power for when I go to the track. If I wasn't in Cali and the G wasn't my daily driver, I would definitely go TT and build the shiet out of the car. So the correct answer to the OP's question is going to be different for everyone.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:29 PM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
Originally Posted by Hexxum001
Everyone has different goals for their setups so there really is no clear answer for what is "better." What might be the best setup for one guy might not be the best setup for someone else. Being in Cali (Los Angeles) with all the strict emissions laws that we have here, I chose to go with a Vortech because it comes with the CARB exemption # on the SC. That was the best option for me. Plus it's my daily driver so I didn't really want to go too crazy. I just wanted some nice extra power for when I go to the track. If I wasn't in Cali and the G wasn't my daily driver, I would definitely go TT and build the shiet out of the car. So the correct answer to the OP's question is going to be different for everyone.
pu$$y

Old 12-18-2007, 04:35 PM
point taken...so when are we gonna run? I'll stay in low boost

So are you going down to Zdayz Airport Runway on May? I'm not worthy to battle with those guys so I'll meet you up on the Freeway on your way down. I think one of the rule for ZDAY is no Trailer Queen so you are going to have to drive down there

Also I want to see some logs after the race to make sure you are on your LOW Boost!!! lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: single or twin