Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

single or twin

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 07:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up single or twin

What would you guys go for single or twin turbo?
what about how much horsepower do they push out??

im trying to figure out what i should go for, turbonetics single or grreddy twin?

thanks

Old 12-17-2007, 07:07 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Search is your friend.

Your questions have been answered 100 times before. Quite a few by me.

Old 12-17-2007, 07:08 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Old 12-17-2007, 07:48 PM
In my opinion single is a waste of money. Get a greddy TT and be done with it. Just save up a few more months.
Thanks.

Yes look at the thread ttrank gave you.

Old 12-17-2007, 08:20 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A good 90% of people who turbo their car, usually sell their car within 3 months. Way too much money involved to get it done right, usually has oil leak issues, isn't smog legal, usually tuned to run rich which gives it a horrible exhaust smell. I would say 0 and leave it stock.

The G's aren't really made for forced induction and i've seen people spending over 20k and barely pushing 350hp to the wheels.

Old 12-17-2007, 08:37 PM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
search is your friend imo get that greddy twin!

Old 12-17-2007, 09:21 PM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by doctorG
A good 90% of people who turbo their car, usually sell their car within 3 months. Way too much money involved to get it done right, usually has oil leak issues, isn't smog legal, usually tuned to run rich which gives it a horrible exhaust smell. I would say 0 and leave it stock.

The G's aren't really made for forced induction and i've seen people spending over 20k and barely pushing 350hp to the wheels.
Please know what you're talking about before oyu post.

Most of the people here that I've seen keep their cars A LOT longer than 3 months after been boosted. I can name at least 20 people off the top of my head boosted for the majority of a year.
Get it done right, you will not have any leaks. If you do, the shop that does the install should fix their work without any extra money involved.
It will be smog legal in most states as long as you do not have test pipes, even with test pipes it will still be smog legal if you do it with non-foulers and get rid of the CEL.
Get it tuned right, by a good tuner and you will not have issues with rich/lean.

20k and not pushing 350whp? You can spend 10k and get 400whp.

Like I said, don't speak unless you know what you're talking about...

If you get boost, just make sure you get a good tune.

Old 12-17-2007, 10:16 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, in Cali, most turbo kits aren't legal. Unless you get a Greddy kit, which won't give you 400hp to the WHEELS..

Amd most people who turbo their car are running rich to prevent "detonation".

Old 12-17-2007, 10:17 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds to me like you really don't know much about going FI on a G. Please do not post info on a subject that you obviously know nothing about. There are countless numbers of daily driven G's out there pushing 400+whp that run perfectly fine.

Old 12-17-2007, 10:21 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, in Cali, most turbo kits aren't legal. Unless you get a Greddy kit, which won't give you 400hp to the WHEELS..

Once again. You have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about. Yes, it's true that there are no turbo kits that are CARB exempt in Cali. But there are plenty of GReddy kits easily pushing over 400whp. And as long as you have a good tuner, you don't have to run rich to prevent detonation.

Old 12-17-2007, 10:37 PM
a.k.a kleicoupe

Sorry, but you dont know much about FI for G35's. For much less than 10k you can have a turbonetics kit, and put down around 365whp. The thing you must also remember is that you are not going from 280-365, you are going from about 240-365, its all abhout the whp numbers.

NA--------

FI---------

Old 12-17-2007, 10:47 PM
XKR
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Please do us all a favor.....dont post .....just read....because you are making a fool of yourself. If you notice...I am pushing way over 500 whp....I have no oil leaks ....matter of fact no problems and I have no plans of selling my car.

Old 12-17-2007, 10:51 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts

Do yourself and all of us a favor: please do some research on the VQ Forced Induction before you make yourself look very ignorant. Nothing personal, but you're stating bogus claims.

Old 12-17-2007, 11:59 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

i guess the air is a lot different and so are the tuners in cali but in NY going FI all year round isn't any issue. vinnytenracing.com and plenty of daily driven single turbo's, twin's on stock or built blocks.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:23 AM
Originally Posted by Gfan
In my opinion single is a waste of money. Get a greddy TT and be done with it. Just save up a few more months.
Thanks.

Yes look at the thread ttrank gave you.
I think I saw a video of a guy pushing 900+ horsepower from a single turbo, could be wrong.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: single or twin