Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

if u had the chance to go back

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 08:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for a while i kinda regretted going FI cuz of how long the install took and $$ involved, then i got it back and it was all worth it. then i got use to power and started regretting it, thinking about how i could have throw that money into another car BUT THEN i started test driving cars. Caymen S- **** slow, 135- overpriced and slow, 335- $$ and slower,etc..I feel in love with the G afterwards, felt like a rocketship and for the $$ cant beat the performance. some coilover and BBK and i feel like it can hang with all the cars mention and blow them away possibly. And for reliabilty realy havnt had to many issues, some small things here and there but its my DD and has never not started in the 9xxx miles since its been turboed

Old 05-16-2008, 03:30 AM
well it definitely seems like there is a strong correlation between reliability and amount of money people dump to do their setups right from the start.

I don't see many people complaining about blowing their engines after spending $25k on a medium build and a TT setup. I could just imagine what kind of reliable power a heavily built motor w/ a TT kit pushed to 20psi would produce, w/o the majority of the headaches.

Looks like I need to start saving.

Old 05-16-2008, 03:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by terps
for a while i kinda regretted going FI cuz of how long the install took and $$ involved, then i got it back and it was all worth it. then i got use to power and started regretting it, thinking about how i could have throw that money into another car BUT THEN i started test driving cars. Caymen S- **** slow, 135- overpriced and slow, 335- $$ and slower,etc..I feel in love with the G afterwards, felt like a rocketship and for the $$ cant beat the performance. some coilover and BBK and i feel like it can hang with all the cars mention and blow them away possibly. And for reliabilty realy havnt had to many issues, some small things here and there but its my DD and has never not started in the 9xxx miles since its been turboed
i posted in this thread a while back but that was when i didnt have my G....all i can say is this post i just quoted couldnt say it any better

Old 05-16-2008, 04:27 AM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
^^^ Hows your car doing man?

Old 05-16-2008, 12:34 PM
everybody knows that APS TT is the best in the world!

J/K
can't go wrong with any of the kits out there.. hks, greddy, jwt..

Old 05-16-2008, 02:05 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Honestly, the only thing that I would change . . . . . . . is where I live. CARB FTMFL!! Seriously though, if I could go back, the only thing that I would probably change is that I would have had Sam build my bottom end so that I could add some NOS to the mix and/or maybe go with the Si trim. But besides that I am pretty happy with my setup. As far as all of the people saying that they would just stay NA, I hear what you are saying but you had to of known what you were getting yourself into when you went FI. Sooner or later something will go wrong. If you are lucky, it will be minor. If you are unlucky, it will be major. So far my only bit of bad luck was getting one of the SC's from the bad batch last summer. But Vortech fixed it and know I have a 5 year warranty because of it as opposed to the normal 3 year warranty. So it's all good. So if you go FI, it's not if something will go wrong, it's when will it go wrong and how bad.

Old 05-16-2008, 02:40 PM
^^ Yuuupp......but damnnnn my guts is telling me I am regretful of going FI, the moneys spent, the time waiting to get the car, everything, the problems, it justs a non-stop headache, at the same time its fun when you gas it, but then its an even balance I guess, headache/fun If I had a chance to go back, hrrrm I would of either sold da car and get a G37 or a Evo X and start from there. Sometimes, just sometimes I get that ghetto feeling of I should of just went Stillen Stg.4, be a weenie and rarely have any problems Oh wells, too long down the road now to look back...I kinda fvcked up because I really need a Daily Driver now, and I spent so much that i cant afford one...its like im broke again with a fast car haha

Old 05-16-2008, 02:54 PM
^^^What you should have done was to go straight to GTM from the beginning like I told you bro. I bet you wouldn't have had 99.9% of the problems that you had by going to those other shops first before finally going to GTM to have them fix what the other shops messed up. But oh well, you live and learn right?

Old 05-16-2008, 02:57 PM
Yeah bro for sure, but even then, the wait for the car is killing me, money for rental car for 1 month down sometimes rapes my budget, not only that the $$ well spent there is well worth it but putting a hole in me, its always more then I expect, I mean I guess welcome to the wonderful world of FI? hahah, its hard to be 20yrs old, in college, but no car, getting a rental everyday just to go school, and I'm unemployed...................people dont know how badly I'm stressed out, I cant even eat nor sleep at night sometimes when the thought of my car in my head, the money and everything, i slap my self silly all day but its too late now...grrrr...guess ill just bone out the most i can hahaha

Old 05-16-2008, 04:28 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
^^Wow, I would have never undergone something like this at 20 years old while I was still in college ...

booger's sig says it perfectly: "Couldnt afford it when I was young . Im going to play now that Im old"

Old 05-17-2008, 03:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G35Rider92649
Yeah bro for sure, but even then, the wait for the car is killing me, money for rental car for 1 month down sometimes rapes my budget, not only that the $$ well spent there is well worth it but putting a hole in me, its always more then I expect, I mean I guess welcome to the wonderful world of FI? hahah, its hard to be 20yrs old, in college, but no car, getting a rental everyday just to go school, and I'm unemployed...................people dont know how badly I'm stressed out, I cant even eat nor sleep at night sometimes when the thought of my car in my head, the money and everything, i slap my self silly all day but its too late now...grrrr...guess ill just bone out the most i can hahaha
Tell me about it, I am 21, in college, full time job and my car was out for 1.3 months!!!!!!!! I am just glad my friend had a company truck and picked me up always. HAHA got to love company gas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-17-2008, 04:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When my new job finally starts....I'm taking the bus to work...so I can leave my car at GTM for as long as they need it and I won't worry.

Old 05-17-2008, 04:46 PM
^^^That sounds like a good plan.

Old 05-17-2008, 05:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Hexxum001
^^^That sounds like a good plan.
So hexx i read in one of your posts that you're soon to be no longer UGOC too?

Old 05-17-2008, 06:11 PM
haha! Yeah, as of Monday I will no longer be in the UGOC.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: if u had the chance to go back