Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

if u had the chance to go back

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 03:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G35Rider92649
^^^ Hows your car doing man?
its running great!!!! my car loves the sc.i just need a 9lb pulley for more bottom end power though.

Old 05-20-2008, 02:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow i cant believe how much this thread has helped me and the other people who have debated on going FI and all the consequences in the long run.

I decided not to go FI on this car.

In the end the "problems that will arise or parts that that need to be changed due to the wear and tear of all the added power weighted more than the drive ability of the car.

Instead I will prob start it on another car in the near future that will already come with a stock turbo system and build from that.

cough cough 335

Thanks to everyones input

Old 05-20-2008, 09:52 AM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by dc5itr888

cough cough 335
I hope you have deeeeeeep pockets

Old 05-20-2008, 02:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The best thing I learned from this thread was not to FI your car unless you have any other way to get to work. Now that my new job is 5 miles from me and I get free bus rides....FI here we come. And now that work is paying much more than my previous job....after FI....beater car here we come haha.

Old 05-20-2008, 02:20 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
Test drove my car late last night at GTM.....................if i had a chance to go back...ha! hell no Only thing I would do now is did it right from the first time so I don't waste 9k like I did at the 1st shop that fvcked me up As much as I regret my stuff sometimes, the minute i push on the gas, form the smile on my face, im like a little kid again, i love it!!!

Old 05-20-2008, 02:24 PM
FI brought me to my financial demise. I will only get factory turbo'd cars from now on.

Old 05-20-2008, 02:24 PM
Test drove my car late last night at GTM.....................if i had a chance to go back...ha! hell no Only thing I would do now is did it right from the first time so I don't waste 9k like I did at the 1st shop that fvcked me up As much as I regret my stuff sometimes, the minute i push on the gas, form the smile on my face, im like a little kid again, i love it!!!
Grats and I hate you because you have it now and I don't!! How does it sound? I hope its a little stealthier than a vortech.

Old 05-20-2008, 02:37 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
No comment on the Vortech but the hks sounds very stealthy, very very very stealthy i cant explain it, and it sounds badasssssss! Everytime I drive normal and let go off the gas i here this chirp noise from the engine like a blow off valve, i call it the " bird call " hahahaha. Me and Sam were just gunning it down the street at midnight hahaha I love it! No regrets and no regrets switching out the Procharger for it! Car runs soo much better and is more responsive too, i don't know if its the sc or the fcon vpro, but the 2 combined hell yeah!

Old 05-20-2008, 02:40 PM
Lol...i just replied to you in PM the same question. I guess you can ingore that PM haha.

Jesus Sam was still there at midnight? Hard working man.

By the way I'm kinda glad I missed out on your gauges....Looking at it I think I'd rather go with the A/F knock sensor also....I'd rather have the extra layer of protection.

Maybe the chirp sound is from the HKS bypass valve. I wouldn't imagine that HKS would have put anything less on their own kit haha.

Last edited by EvolutionGSR; 05-20-2008 at 02:44 PM.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:48 PM
No comment on the Vortech but the hks sounds very stealthy, very very very stealthy i cant explain it, and it sounds badasssssss! Everytime I drive normal and let go off the gas i here this chirp noise from the engine like a blow off valve, i call it the " bird call " hahahaha. Me and Sam were just gunning it down the street at midnight hahaha I love it! No regrets and no regrets switching out the Procharger for it! Car runs soo much better and is more responsive too, i don't know if its the sc or the fcon vpro, but the 2 combined hell yeah!
glad to hear u lke ur new setup man. if u have any parts left from ur procharger send me a pm i might get them from ya!

Old 05-20-2008, 09:15 PM
Car runs soo much better and is more responsive too, i don't know if its the sc or the fcon vpro, but the 2 combined hell yeah!

My understanding is that the ROTREX designed compressor has a lot to do with its responsiveness. Anyone else have solid information on that subject?

Old 05-21-2008, 11:43 AM
there is nothing else better then having a twin turbo g35 350z its the feeling of actually having insane power. with that said

if i could do it all over again and i knew what i was going to spend on the car i would have just waited and got a 911 or the GTR

but thats me.

also i love my car and if i did my car over again i would get a stroker kit from GTM from the get go and the fcon..

when doing this type of mod to your car it is best not to skimp out on weak parts or tunes.. this i had to learn the hard way with crap shops and builds.. now that i actually have a stupid smooth tune and reliable 500 pluss rwhp g35 it really feels good

Old 05-21-2008, 05:07 PM
The responses seen in this thread are all relative to each individual's goals, hobbies, and value of entertainment/fun. If you value your car hobby and understand the intangible value of entertainment & fun then you should have no problem blowing tons of money on your engine, FI, and get it done right from the start (although it might take a while). People blow their money on some form of entertainment and we all have our own addictions (to modding cars for example). Some buy engines, some go out every single weekend of the year and pay $200 bar tabs, cab fare, fancy dinners; it adds up.

If money is an issue and you don't see value in doing extreme modding on the G35, then simply don't do it. Definitely don't go the cheap route and not build your engine up unless you plan to stay under 350rwhp, as many have pointed out. If you feel that X car will be faster and cheaper than buying a G35 and modding the hell out of it, then buy that faster car. Some people just like the enjoyment of having a fully built custom car of their choice; so they buy a G35 or any other car and dump 2 times its value into mods. Makes no logical sense, but that's entertainment for you.

For some people $50k to TT their G and build the motor from the ground up is fun and fulfilling, for some it will seem like a waste of money. Seems most people regretting FI either didn't build it right from the start and went the cheaper route (yet more risky), or they just got plain unlucky. No one said there isn't a downside to having fun.

And in that case, I can't wait to build up my motor right from the start and TT it.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Sorry for reviving this topic but its such a good thread I think it deserves a good bump

Now that I've got all my exterior mods in place, I feel like I almost have to go FI to back up the look of the car. I'm definetely trying to avoid all show and no go, but would you FI guys rather have gone FI or bought a sportbike to quench your speed addiction.

I'm fence sitting between a vortech for my car or a used sportbike. A buddy of mine had a nitrous system on his R-1 and did high 8's at the drag strip. I wish I had the vid of it from my camera.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:01 PM
I know exactly how you feel. Ive done a lot of mods to my car in terms of "bolt ons" and some other cosmetic stuff. I added up all the money I wasted on my car in terms of upgrades and Ive spent over 10K easily without knowing. I wanted to fullly built my car as in finishing it up and for me my last step was FI. However, after traveling from here to the bimmerforums, e90post.com, m3forums etc, supra forums. FI is too much of a money pit for the vq engines thats why I decided to go FI in a inline 6 magnesium motor thats made for FI already. But to be honest, after coming back to g35driver and seeing people with all their FI toys does make me jealous and want me to FI the VQ

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: if u had the chance to go back