Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

if u had the chance to go back

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 02:37 PM
XKR
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by aero
It's like finding out your wife has herpes. Hahaha. No matter what you do, you're f'ed.
LMAO...

Very True

Old 03-28-2008, 04:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cc1012
and plus being from the WRX community ive seen tuners blow up wrx/sti motors just off a poor tune.

The major problem with the Wrx are the transmissions and people not wanting to realize just how much the stock block can take.. In order for the transmission to be done right it is MUST that you take your car to AndrewTech!

A well built tranny from AndrewTech is almost 5-6k.

IMO almost guaranteed way to have a bada$$ wrx which will be very reliable you need the combination of .. Andy from Verioucious(tuning/built motor) and Andrew from Andrewtech.(tranny/built motor)

All in All i wouldn't trade the problems of a turbo'd car for a NA car.

To me the problems that i have to deal with is just another way to truely learn more about the car.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:25 PM
Team Transport Member
Originally Posted by DelawareG35

To me the problems that i have to deal with is just another way to truely learn more about the car.
thats the best thing Ive ever heard on the forum.... going FI really made me learn a lot about how this car runs and works. how it reacts to different things. I love the car and everything ive done when the car is clean and running top notch.

The money well Im sure I would have spent it on more watches and diamonds but hearing my BOV and feeling my butt squeeze into the seat when I hit boost I think its all worth it.

BUT BUY A 2ND CAR!

Old 03-29-2008, 01:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by zazaracing
BUT BUY A 2ND CAR!
haha.. I second that notion... Grocery shopping with a back pack on a bicycle is not fun.

I need my fix: 15 lbs of boost keeps me happy on a daily basis... I would never, ever go back N/A.

Hell, more than likely, the next car I'll purchase (in the distant future) will probably be turbo too.

Old 03-29-2008, 03:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've been talking to my friend about this who has turbo'ed his car many years back. It's not a G but i'll put in his feed back here just so you guys know another's opinion about going FI on a car. This is what he said...

Be ready for any type of engine failure that can happen at any time, but its all worth it. You'll never go back.

Old 03-29-2008, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by EvolutionGSR

Be ready for any type of engine failure that can happen at any time, but its all worth it. You'll never go back.

+1... I can't imagine going back to NA. If you aren't ready to pay then don't play .

Old 03-29-2008, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by DelawareG35
The major problem with the Wrx are the transmissions and people not wanting to realize just how much the stock block can take.. In order for the transmission to be done right it is MUST that you take your car to AndrewTech!

A well built tranny from AndrewTech is almost 5-6k.

IMO almost guaranteed way to have a bada$$ wrx which will be very reliable you need the combination of .. Andy from Verioucious(tuning/built motor) and Andrew from Andrewtech.(tranny/built motor)

All in All i wouldn't trade the problems of a turbo'd car for a NA car.

I dont think you can name just one tuner in the wrx community. There are many reputable tuners out there that can give you a good solid tune for you setup.

2.0L wrx trannys will handle 300whp as long as you dont shift like a beast. STi tranny has been proven to handle 600whp

Old 03-30-2008, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by cc1012
I dont think you can name just one tuner in the wrx community. There are many reputable tuners out there that can give you a good solid tune for you setup.

2.0L wrx trannys will handle 300whp as long as you dont shift like a beast. STi tranny has been proven to handle 600whp

i see where your coming from but like i said "IMO" that combination is what i think is almost a sure solid build..

yes the 2.0 tranny's will handle 300whp but 300whp is far short of most peoples goal's.. and the STi tranny is good but I dont think can be put in the same class as a 1/2 straight 3/4 helical ppg dog box tranny.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:35 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
Booo Hoooo STI.....Ugly Piece of Sh*t.......Yeah it's fast and it's fun, if you're under 21 HAHAHAHA I ain't driving that ****, then again it depends on what kind of job you work as..unless you take it off road or actually race with it only and have a another d.d car, then cool!

Old 03-30-2008, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by G35Rider92649
Booo Hoooo STI.....Ugly Piece of Sh*t.......Yeah it's fast and it's fun, if you're under 21 HAHAHAHA I ain't driving that ****, then again it depends on what kind of job you work as..unless you take it off road or actually race with it only and have a another d.d car, then cool!

lol someone translate what this guy is talking about?

Old 03-31-2008, 04:00 PM
he obviously hasnt driven one. Hes saying he buy one if he had something sick in the garage already, that was your daily driver. Yea the gearing on the dog box is really good but its gonna suck driving that on the street. no syncros is not fun...... Plus the 07+ sti trannys are slightly diff. 4th gear will pull 116mph.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
350whp MAX or 400whp+ its a different ball game here...

What BeerViper has said is consistant to what Stillen designed, and local shop GRD is saying.
Beers car is 366whp no issues
Stillen cars seem to be under 350whp no issues.

When you go over 390, 400hp you run an extrememly high risk and should probably plan an a rebuild, this includes all this talk of twin turbo kits, doesnt matter the kit its all over 400hp.

So there are two major roads you can take goal of
-------350whp,
----------or over 400hp.
Which path is the one you want to run with?

For me being a daily driver 350whp, I hate the stillen sound but like the reliability, so I want to look at the Vortech based on what ppl are saying its reliable(they fixed the bearing thing) as long as you keep low boost, but it has wild potential. I will never do a custom kit, because tuning is the hardest part of all setups. Its much better for me to buy a vortech or stillen that comes with everything including software. I plan on doing some road course days as well superchargers seem like a clean solution.

Beerviper just proved that around 350hp is ok, but i bet the second he decides to up the boost he will have issues. Can you post another thread about your kit setup(pulley's,kit you went with, track times, cool videos) it sounds awesome! There is another guy on here his sig lists some pulley, and ~403whp and said its broken all the time. Kind of helped build my conclusion, since I havent seen too many testimonials thus far.

I was at GRD and they had sold the shop TT G35, and the new owner probably didnt know how high you can rev it, and blew the motor, rods he said are the weak spot when your 400+. Its going to be a $10k rebuild. Which is consistant with everyones story on here so far. He said APS single kit is fine on a stock block as well.

I feel like the Vortech will be alot less parts, easy access if things to break, and I am sure I can learn to check belts. Room to grow without replacing the blower. And can get a 2006G to 350whp with their normal kit, and they put a nicer warranty on the troublesome blowers.

BeerViper, I also like the sleeper look, no hood buldges, no wings, mature, dont change a thing. If there are others with your setup point them over here.

Last edited by GTreeFive; 03-31-2008 at 08:49 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by zazaracing
BUT BUY A 2ND CAR!
Yes +3. Have a 2nd Car.

Eitherway, if you do go ahead, do it right and don't skimp. Also, Unless i'm wrong, once you build you can't go back unless you find someone to do a engine swap. If you keep stock internals you could always get rid of TT or SC if you change your mind.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:59 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by GTreeFive
...Can you post another thread about your kit setup(pulley's,kit you went with, track times, cool videos) it sounds awesome!

BeerViper, I also like the sleeper look, no hood buldges, no wings, mature, dont change a thing. If there are others with your setup point them over here.
My sig says just about everything, stock 3.33 pulley on the full Vortech kit. I have http://videos.streetfire.net/video/14-mile-run-at-Ennis-TX-Dragstrip---1345s_87796.htmwhere I ran a **** poor 13.45 (bad 60ft and no speed shifts). The track events I do are non-timed HPDE's. The last time I was the only car that passed me was a C6 Z06 so I felt pretty good about that.

I recently had the PIAA wheels refinished and painted the spokes black but no other changes since then. I've considered several times changing the front bumper to open up the FMIC but just haven't convinced myself that it's needed...

Old 04-01-2008, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by GTreeFive
There is another guy on here his sig lists some pulley, and ~403whp and said its broken all the time. Kind of helped build my conclusion, since I havent seen too many testimonials thus far.
My situation was really luck of the draw, or lack thereof. My transmission has been defective since day 1 (even pre-FI). And my supercharger was defective right out of the factory, there was a bad batch of Vortechs sent out last summer, and the unlucky b@stards who bought one are having recurring problems, even after they fix it repeatedly. If my transmission had been solid, and the SC wasn't defective, it probably would be running like a champ.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: if u had the chance to go back