Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Technosquare Flash on 03-07 Turbo ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 10:31 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
the best bet would be a reflash of your target A:F so your computer doesnt try to relearn anymore. Also you can remove the throttle plate cut, and the top speed limiter as well.

Then use an aftermarket EMS, like UTEC, FCON, Haltech etc

Old 03-21-2008, 01:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by str8dum1
the best bet would be a reflash of your target A:F so your computer doesnt try to relearn anymore. Also you can remove the throttle plate cut, and the top speed limiter as well.

Then use an aftermarket EMS, like UTEC, FCON, Haltech etc
TS Does more than af target. he alters parameters also. TS should be able to do anything the utec, fcon, haltec, etc can do. The processors or much faster in these car than most stand alones offer. The ECM does not "relearn" because you are puting in the parameters and thats all the ecm Knows. At this point the ecm has no preveous records of how it should have been from factory.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:26 AM
have a G35 coupe 5AT with a Greddy TT kit and reflash done by Technosquare to go along with my mods. The car drives fine.

But I was just wondering if I could add a piggyback ecu such as an Greddy Emanage or UTEC to fine tune the A/F ratios?

Anyone know?

Old 03-25-2008, 10:19 AM
Yes you can, But why not send the ecu back to technosquare and have them tweek it. Just send them an air fuel chart and a dyno run. Im sure they can tweek it this way. Have you dynoed the car at all? Do you have a dyno chart?

Old 03-25-2008, 11:19 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
it would be best if they could reflash it at their facility. but sending in dyno sheets and a data logging run would be the next best thing.

Question is. If you have a turbo system, what's wrong with the engine management that came with it?
wrong. It has been tested pretty heavily that reflashes do not work. Yes they produce results at first but the ecu will revert back to stock settings. The best thing to do is run a stand alone ecu. If you are asking why not use the fmu that came with the turbo kit, you have no business talking about FI.

OP go to the my350z FI section and search.

Originally Posted by YellowCelica_GT
have a G35 coupe 5AT with a Greddy TT kit and reflash done by Technosquare to go along with my mods. The car drives fine.

But I was just wondering if I could add a piggyback ecu such as an Greddy Emanage or UTEC to fine tune the A/F ratios?

Anyone know?
Get a utec, greddy emanage ultimate or an fcon and call it a day. Emanage should have come with the greddy tt kit.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by supercowboy
With a piggyback you can only trick the mass air sensor voltage so much. With a flash you can scale for a bigger mass air sensor for the proper horspower you are looking for. Utec I belive is still a piggyback because the factory ecu is still functioning.

FYI, Utec is not just a Piggyback, it is a Parallel EMS where it takes full control of you injector/timing when on Boost. Utec don't scale value like other piggyback which rely on what the ECU want to run and they just subtract/add from it.

OP
You can only do so much with a Flash and you'll end up going back a million times if you do a million thing on your car. How does a Reflash take into account partial throttle tuning or DD? You can send them you dyno but they are mainly WOT run so what about other Cell/Load points that you will not hit on a dyno? If you already have a reflash then don't go back for another one, just bite the bullet and get a Utec or better since you have a much better control. Not to mention you can do your own logging so you'll see if your tune is actually still spot on. You can't look at your gauge 100% of the time you know and how do you know if you are getting light knock?

Last edited by FI'ed G; 03-25-2008 at 11:26 AM.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by Lawy'dU

Get a utec, greddy emanage ultimate or an fcon and call it a day. Emanage should have come with the greddy tt kit.
Yes but not the Ultimate. The one that come with Greddy is GARBAGE!!!!!

Old 03-25-2008, 11:55 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
IMO, Flash + Standalone/Piggy Back is the way to go. Flashes, like ours, are useful for a couple of reasons 1.) Flashes allows you to equal out all internal oem ecu timing maps - something UTEC/E-Manage etc cannot do. This way, particularly under boost, if your oem ecu decides to flip internal timing maps, performance is not hindered and your motor stays in good shape 2.) Internal rev limit increase 3.) Internal injector scaling - no tricking the ecu with a piggy back or pseudo piggy back 4.) Idle bump.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:00 PM
/\Hey I was waiting for you guys to respond.. lol Will a reflash affect ODB2 inspection? I have been curious about it but not sure if I'll have problem with Inspection in NY. Can you also PM me price and details, I have a Utec and sometimes I do get some knocking on ECU Control especially in the summer and around 2700-3200rpm. Not also sure if a Reflash will solve the Part Throttle (Utec back to ECU control) jerkiness when going out of boost with Utec.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:04 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
wrong. It has been tested pretty heavily that reflashes do not work. Yes they produce results at first but the ecu will revert back to stock settings. The best thing to do is run a stand alone ecu. If you are asking why not use the fmu that came with the turbo kit, you have no business talking about FI.
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Revert back to WHAT settings????? A REFLASH alters the oem "settings". There are NO SETTINGS TO REVERT BACK TO.

Exactly where do I state that the turbo kit came with the FMU???? Dude clearly states he had the Uni-chip.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:58 PM
Red Card Crew

How is the test conducted? Just a scan of the codes to check for OBDII readiness and for error codes? A flash should pass that with no problems

Originally Posted by FI'ed G
/\Hey I was waiting for you guys to respond.. lol Will a reflash affect ODB2 inspection? I have been curious about it but not sure if I'll have problem with Inspection in NY. Can you also PM me price and details, I have a Utec and sometimes I do get some knocking on ECU Control especially in the summer and around 2700-3200rpm. Not also sure if a Reflash will solve the Part Throttle (Utec back to ECU control) jerkiness when going out of boost with Utec.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:03 PM
Red Card Crew

True. But as it was suggested before, the reflash would take care of the closed loop operations and the aftermarket ecu would take care of the open loop operation. Reason why you would need both is because the reflashing guys don't have the ability to scale for a larger maf. The aftermarket gets around this by going speed density.

Reflashing can take care of bigger injectors (scaling) but I don't think too many companies have much experience with it. Reflashing can in theory rescale for a bigger maf but I don't think they've actually done it. Adress these two and the reflash could take care of everything. Well they might want to add boost altered timing/fuel maybe.

Originally Posted by supercowboy
TS Does more than af target. he alters parameters also. TS should be able to do anything the utec, fcon, haltec, etc can do. The processors or much faster in these car than most stand alones offer. The ECM does not "relearn" because you are puting in the parameters and thats all the ecm Knows. At this point the ecm has no preveous records of how it should have been from factory.

Old 03-25-2008, 04:27 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by FI'ed G
PM Sent!

Old 03-25-2008, 04:34 PM
Red Card Crew

I think as it stands right now, the reflash crew can't get more than about 500 also. Reason being is the maf voltage tops out at about that much hp. That and / or the injectors are going static at that hp. I know the reflash guys technically have the ability to rescale injectors but I don't think they can get around the maf limit yet. It's why the big hp guys go UTEC/Haltech etc... and use a MAP sensor. It goes around the oem MAF sensor voltage limits

Originally Posted by snap1nyc
It being the Uni-chip and it max out at 500 hp, it works but I'm going with a bigger turbo and I want some more hp.

So my question is, Is there any one out there with a Technosquare Flash making over 500hp's or is there any one that has it in there G35 Turbo? I know what I have to do and what a flash is I just need comments on the Technosquare product if anyone is happy or not happy with it? For example any issues? stuff like that... That is all...

Old 03-26-2008, 10:34 AM
wrong. It has been tested pretty heavily that reflashes do not work. Yes they produce results at first but the ecu will revert back to stock settings.
Who has tested them?

The best thing to do is run a stand alone ecu. If you are asking why not use the fmu that came with the turbo kit, you have no business talking about FI..
Stand alone would be great, But then the you would some of the drivability that the car has from factory. Also if you drive on the stret how would you go through emissions. Fmu is a time of the past and I dont think any g turbo kit comes with one.

OP go to the my350z FI section and search.

These are all "band aid" fixes to what the stock oem computer can do.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Technosquare Flash on 03-07 Turbo ?