Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Technosquare Flash on 03-07 Turbo ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 02:31 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
True, you can mechically do that. But that throws off the scaling/calibration of the maf. The maf was calibrated to a certain sized dia tube. Change it and you need to compensate. Just like using larger sized injectors without scaling for it. The ecu was designed to pulse per a certain sized injectors.

Originally Posted by supercowboy
There are bigger diameter mafs that can be used. Most of them take the stock sensor and install them ithe the bigger tube. These cars have been around for some time and certain people are dedicated to make it possible.

Old 03-26-2008, 02:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
True, you can mechically do that. But that throws off the scaling/calibration of the maf. The maf was calibrated to a certain sized dia tube. Change it and you need to compensate. Just like using larger sized injectors without scaling for it. The ecu was designed to pulse per a certain sized injectors.

I agree. The tuning sofware should be able to alter this better than a "piggyback".

Old 03-26-2008, 02:41 PM
I understand how this works. If you minus or subtract on a piggyback it will bring you to the same point everytime too. No matter what the ecu says. in my opinion If you still need the stock ecu its a piggy back..

NO you wont... let say when you tuned your car in the winter at around 30F and the ECU saw that the IAT is colder, then let say it will run 18 deg... now fast forward to summer at 90F, now the ecu saw a hotter IAT so now for safety it ran 15 deg. Now since you were tuned in the winter and you wanted to 13 deg of timing, so you subracted 5 to get to the value of 13.. are you still with me.. now in the summer since the ECU ran 15 deg and you map is set to subract 5 then you endup running only 10 deg.... This is what I meant Utec being in total controll and not tricking the ECU just like other piggyback... Fine call it a piggy back as you wish but they don't get the same outcome.

Stock ecu can do this. Check these guys out for data logging im sure youve seen them.
http://www.uprev.com/
They have real time datalogging also.

UTEC does not come with a ready to go tune for your car. You still need to pay for tuning. If the reflash was done properly you would be all set. To get more out of it then you would have to tune the reflash. They should still set you up with a safe program.

You are really a noog... Utec and other EMS that support our car will come with a base map that you can run!! Now tell uprev to give me a map for my Boosted car??!!! tell them to give me a map that will support 8psi but hey, i have a boost controller so I may raise it to 10psi so I want my map to handle all of them... I have seen Uprev and they are not fully FI'ed ready so go to NA forum and preach over there. Either way Upreve or Techno or AAM reflash need to tune and guess what, you'll have to flash everytime....

Let me give you another example, let say you wen with the flash.. now you want to tune, you go wot and you see your A/F (Around 13:1) lean at 4000rpm 5psi... Do you go all the way to redline and 10 psi? The answer is Hell NO... So what do you do? Maybe fix your A/F at that area and start again... now you go to 5000rpm and 10psi and you are running rich since you tried to guess and added more fuel. Now you have to flash again to fix that.. that is my point.. either way you have to tune at every RPM and BOOST to see how the A/F will react... Either way you need to TUNE and a cookie cutter Flash WILL NOT WORK WITH TURBO CAR OR SC!!!! There is no way around it. gggeeeessss

/\ ....

Old 03-26-2008, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by FI'ed G
/\ ....
Frustrating is it not.
That horse thing is pretty violent

Old 03-26-2008, 02:54 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
IMHO the only thing limiting the reflashing tech, is the ability to scale for a larger maf housing. Get that done and get some in house FI maps available and would actually be more capable than the other aftermarket ecu piggys.

Although having a boost controller built in might be cool. On that note, I've seen OBDII monitoring stuff being able to read boost. Therefore, if the reflash guys can add that feature from other factory nissans/Infiniti ecus, then they could also have the ability to alter boost. Would be too cool

Old 03-26-2008, 02:57 PM
Just show me a ReFlash for Boosted car for our car that I can order and I'll shut up.. You come here like you know our car like the back of your hand.... I'm no tuner but maybe you can teach me how to use our Stock ECU for my Boosted car...

Old 03-26-2008, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by shadyg35
what would you recomend going with instead. i have the technosquare on my st sedan. i sent it to them with all my dyno graphs so they can work on specific areas. my car feels great. now im all worried tho

I guess his car has no problems

Old 03-26-2008, 04:04 PM
I guess his car has no problems
So I guess this car with has no problem either..http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=346009 Do you want me to give you countless of Blown TN kit with just a Reflash?? go home noob... by the way Shady just got his car the past month...

Old 03-26-2008, 04:07 PM
Just show me a ReFlash for Boosted car for our car that I can order and I'll shut up.. You come here like you know our car like the back of your hand.... I'm no tuner but maybe you can teach me how to use our Stock ECU for my Boosted car...
I work on boosted g35s all the time. Ive been doing it for a few years. Ive had the motors apart turbos installed etc. Been through most of the basics and limits. I am new to the forum. Im just looking for some good info.

No this is my kit I made everything.....

Old 03-26-2008, 04:10 PM

new setup

Old 03-26-2008, 04:11 PM
I know you sounded you know what are you talking about but the technology you are insisting isn't there yet for the VQ and Boosted car.. Go to my350z.com and ask how many people will recommend Reflash... I'm really curious if uprev can actually pick up th phase and do some FI'd car... I agree that if you can program the ECU to handle boost then it is better.

Old 03-26-2008, 04:12 PM
Old 03-26-2008, 04:15 PM
So I guess this car with has no problem either..http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=346009 Do you want me to give you countless of Blown TN kit with just a Reflash?? go home noob... by the way Shady just got his car the past month...
These are known issues that I have seen. Most people blame it on tuning but sometimes you dont hear the whole story.

Old 03-26-2008, 04:17 PM
I know you sounded you know what are you talking about but the technology you are insisting isn't there yet for the VQ and Boosted car.. Go to my350z.com and ask how many people will recommend Reflash... I'm really curious if uprev can actually pick up th phase and do some FI'd car... I agree that if you can program the ECU to handle boost then it is better.
Its there you just have to talk to the right people I guess

Old 03-26-2008, 04:21 PM
Its there you just have to talk to the right people I guess

Show me and I might even try it. And no I won't just send them my ECU for them to guess what kind of value they'll put in there...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Technosquare Flash on 03-07 Turbo ?