Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

HKS Gt Supercharger released!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 07:43 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So whens your car gonna be done I want to see/hear it, and want to see the dyno.

Do you drive your car daily? I'm reconsidering what I'm going to do. I might just stick with the kit out of the box. I'm waiting to see what kind of power people are actually getting from the out of the box HKS kit with a real tune. I might have to call GTM tommorow to ask how they are doing.

Old 05-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why would you swap your procharger kit for a hks kit? what's the big difference with both kit, if it done right? unless you are worrying about carb.

Old 05-02-2008, 01:04 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
procharger wont get me the numbers I want down the road, hks will

Originally Posted by EvolutionGSR
So whens your car gonna be done I want to see/hear it, and want to see the dyno.

Do you drive your car daily? I'm reconsidering what I'm going to do. I might just stick with the kit out of the box. I'm waiting to see what kind of power people are actually getting from the out of the box HKS kit with a real tune. I might have to call GTM tommorow to ask how they are doing.
I'm going to GTM to pick up/drop off some things right now and also to check on my car. I drive my car daily, hell yeah, drive everywhere man all day.

Old 05-02-2008, 01:32 PM
I just noticed that you use the PLX devices units for your monitoring. I want to use those too, especially since I can put water/oil temp, oil pressure, and egt on one gauge. I don't want too much clutter in the cabin.

Old 05-02-2008, 03:47 PM
what numbers do you want? i am running 9psi and i am at 373. whp. that is the stock pulley that came on my procharger, imagine if i change the pulley on it.

Old 05-02-2008, 04:37 PM
I just spoke with sam over the phone. I've decided that I'm going to stick with the out of the box kit on my stock engine and leave room to upgrade later. From what he told me its really simple to change the pulley on the HKS kits.

Old 05-02-2008, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by mrimage
what numbers do you want? i am running 9psi and i am at 373. whp. that is the stock pulley that came on my procharger, imagine if i change the pulley on it.
What kind of dyno was it dynoed on? Also you have a 6mt so you're numbers are more likely higher always on the dyno I want 450-500whp, and no i wont build it with the procharger, its hard enough just keeping the belt itself from chewing up, let alone slipping off and thats fact. If I could get 450whp + with a procharger and build, I would of done it, but since i cant, i didnt, so simple

Old 05-02-2008, 05:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
$8k installed is very reasonable for this kit. "Affordable and HKS are never used in the same sentence". Many have jumped on this deal by GTM.

Here's hoping my revup kit arrives soon

Old 05-02-2008, 06:06 PM
dyno jet

Old 05-04-2008, 06:59 PM
I have had only one experience with HKS customer service.

My DLI II Ignition Amplifier flied and blew out one of my coils and then, before I realized what the problem was, I replaced the coil and it blew out another one.

So I call HKS customer service. Of course I get one of those annoying voice menus and eventually prompt to customer support only to have the phone ring a couple of times and then go dead. So I repeat the ordeal about 10 times with the same experience. Eventually, I try 0 hoping to get a real person, but no, this time it's a voice mailbox. So I leave my number and request a call back.

It isn't until the next day that someone calls back. I explain the contact problem first and they tell me there are ONLY TWO GUYS handling customer service for HKS and they are always busy. Then they need a number from the DLI II which of course is still sitting in my engine bay and which of course means I have to hang up and take the unit off.

Eventually, I get the number and call back only to endure the same nonsense again. So I leave my message again and wait for a call back. The call comes a day or two later when I'm not at home, so I need to call again and leave a message again. No call back yet.

A week has now gone by and I have talked to a real person only once and I'm no closer to a resolution to my problem than I was a week ago.

With this kind of customer service, do you think I am likely to drop seven grand on one of their superchargers?

Not likely

Old 05-04-2008, 07:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^umm, that's why you buy from a reputable HKS pro dealer, who takes care of that for you.

back on topic please.

Marble u heading out to Cali soon?

Old 05-18-2008, 12:41 AM
hks gt supercharger installed by gtm

Just got my 04 auto g35 coupe back from GTM today, bone stock engine, fujitsubo legalis y pipe/catback and bone stock carb pending hks gt supercharger. stock power 224 rwhp/213.4 tq after hks gt supercharger in 98 degree ambient temp 300.5rwhp/295.9 tq. The car runs extremely well with very good torque at lower rpms and great power above 4800 rpm. I'm leaving it alone for now. Sam says it won't take much to get more power down the road.

Old 05-18-2008, 03:13 AM
Nice Buddy! Enjoy the power while it last, it wont be long until you upgrade I can't wait to get mine back and see how it turns out.

Btw, what did you get it tune with? (engine manage., flash, etc)

Old 05-18-2008, 03:19 AM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
Damn... I envy all of you ballers with your G and your GTM buddies....

Old 05-18-2008, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by exagorazo
I have had only one experience with HKS customer service.

My DLI II Ignition Amplifier flied and blew out one of my coils and then, before I realized what the problem was, I replaced the coil and it blew out another one.

So I call HKS customer service. Of course I get one of those annoying voice menus and eventually prompt to customer support only to have the phone ring a couple of times and then go dead. So I repeat the ordeal about 10 times with the same experience. Eventually, I try 0 hoping to get a real person, but no, this time it's a voice mailbox. So I leave my number and request a call back.

It isn't until the next day that someone calls back. I explain the contact problem first and they tell me there are ONLY TWO GUYS handling customer service for HKS and they are always busy. Then they need a number from the DLI II which of course is still sitting in my engine bay and which of course means I have to hang up and take the unit off.

Eventually, I get the number and call back only to endure the same nonsense again. So I leave my message again and wait for a call back. The call comes a day or two later when I'm not at home, so I need to call again and leave a message again. No call back yet.

A week has now gone by and I have talked to a real person only once and I'm no closer to a resolution to my problem than I was a week ago.

With this kind of customer service, do you think I am likely to drop seven grand on one of their superchargers?

Not likely
Skipped reading this post until now, people calling you back in 2-3 days is nothing compare to what I seen, that's actually good, seems like you haven't been through situations where things would lag, like johnylaw said, go to a hks prodealer where they directly work with hks and take care of it for you instead of a customer trying to handle it themselves, even though customer service takes care of you, you were calling in for a small part, customers are pigeons to big companies for things like that, something you got to expect sometimes and hks is actually not that bad compared to other companies I seen. Try dealing with Procharger if you had one

Originally Posted by B L U E S L A T E
Damn... I envy all of you ballers with your G and your GTM buddies....
Go Booooosted Allen!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HKS Gt Supercharger released!!