Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

HKS Gt Supercharger released!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 03:47 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Rider92649
..... go to a hks prodealer where they directly work with hks and take care of it for you instead of a customer trying to handle it themselves, even though customer service takes care of you, you were calling in for a small part, customers are pigeons to big companies for things like that, something you got to expect sometimes and hks is actually not that bad compared to other companies I seen. Try dealing with Procharger if you had one

So if your a "do it yourself kinda guy (not mechincal incline i guess is the words) then by saying this your outta luck if you dont have a vender(prodealer) to do it (your installs,work etc)???

Then in that case this customer service does suck with in reguards to the post....just my opinion. Not everyone goes to a shop and get there items,work installed. I like to work on my cars.

But anyhow sorry for getting off the topic...I cant wait to see more out comes on this kit.... as far as 300.5 been enough...it was mention but youll get used to that and want moreeeeee lol. Thats the things about boost....lol

Old 05-18-2008, 05:15 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
If you do it your self you cant get the HKS GT Supercharger, you only can get it at a Prodealer, you cant just buy hks online and have it shipped to your house, maybe you can i dont know? Correct me on that if I'm wrong, cause even only 6 places in the whole California are allowed to tune the hks engine management and gtm is one of the best. But in this case, hks is still good customer service, i seen much worser cases, thats what im trying to say, calling in and getting a call back later is not something new, i seen it where they dont even call back at all.

Old 05-18-2008, 05:36 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
How do you like the power band compared to the ati just curious.

Old 05-18-2008, 06:21 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Rider92649
If you do it your self you cant get the HKS GT Supercharger, you only can get it at a Prodealer, you cant just buy hks online and have it shipped to your house, maybe you can i dont know? Correct me on that if I'm wrong, cause even only 6 places in the whole California are allowed to tune the hks engine management and gtm is one of the best. But in this case, hks is still good customer service, i seen much worser cases, thats what im trying to say, calling in and getting a call back later is not something new, i seen it where they dont even call back at all.
ahh i see so now that makes sense...thanks.....

Old 05-18-2008, 08:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Skaterbasist
For people in California, it's always a big risk going turbo. Getting caught with ST/TT on a VQ in Cali would be hell.

I think im one of the few who will probably take a chance on aftermarket turbo's here in SoCal. California takes smog very seriously, even if the modification itself still passes smog

wtf? turbo G/Z's take a big risk in any state. There are tons in CA that are turbo you aren't one of the "few" lol.

HKS makes great stuff but this doesn't even have the potential of the vortech kit, which is really the only viable substitute other than turbo. Over priced and will undoubtably be whored out by the pro-dealers and there will probably be a lot of disapointed people with it because of that.

Old 05-18-2008, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by superchargedg
How do you like the power band compared to the ati just curious.
Waiting to get my car back this coming week

Originally Posted by Lawy'dU
HKS makes great stuff but this doesn't even have the potential of the vortech kit, which is really the only viable substitute other than turbo. Over priced and will undoubtably be whored out by the pro-dealers and there will probably be a lot of disapointed people with it because of that.
As always I respect your opinion buddy, but I heard the totally opposite of that, but I take your opinion into my knowledge tho

Old 05-19-2008, 01:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lawy'dU

man, u really got to stop talking bout stuff u have no idea bout. Please dislodge your head that apparently has been lodged so far up ur own **** please. Go troll in the JWT vs. Vortech thread, k? thanks!

Haterz like u, only make the game sweeter. The limits of the HKS kit, haven't even been reached yet. The HKS blower is more efficient and quieter than the Vortech (haha!). Upgrade potential on the HKS is there, especially with GTM making custom pulleys and doing their homework on how to make more power than what is out of the box.

There's nothing special about the Vortech kit and the recent qc issues and recall doesn't make it more appealing. Have fun with your Vortech when the bearings fail and I'm sure ur in really really good hands with RA

Last edited by jonnylaw; 05-19-2008 at 02:09 AM.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The kit seems really appealing.. I live in canada, in alberta more precisely and i think there is only one HKS certified retailer.. can they get the kit too?? is this kit special ordered only?

Old 05-19-2008, 06:35 PM
TCD
There is no reason to argue about which supercharger flows more. If the vendors release the compressor wheel specifications and maps then anyone can determine which is better for their application.

It's more than simple.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by P.Money
The kit seems really appealing.. I live in canada, in alberta more precisely and i think there is only one HKS certified retailer.. can they get the kit too?? is this kit special ordered only?
Get it from an HKS Prodealer, i think they're the only ones that can get you it.

Originally Posted by TCD
There is no reason to argue about which supercharger flows more. If the vendors release the compressor wheel specifications and maps then anyone can determine which is better for their application.

It's more than simple.
Unless you personally know already which one is better then the other

Old 05-19-2008, 07:31 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
does this mean you can't have a shop you know to install it...it has to be the HKS prodealer that sells the kit to do it??

Old 05-19-2008, 07:34 PM
Kinda sucks you cant do the install yourself but i guess it must be for warranty issues that they do that.. I live like 8hours north of calgary that would be quite inconvenient for me.. but we'll see i'll call them tommorow.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:53 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by jonnylaw

man, u really got to stop talking bout stuff u have no idea bout. Please dislodge your head that apparently has been lodged so far up ur own **** please. Go troll in the JWT vs. Vortech thread, k? thanks!

Haterz like u, only make the game sweeter. The limits of the HKS kit, haven't even been reached yet. The HKS blower is more efficient and quieter than the Vortech (haha!). Upgrade potential on the HKS is there, especially with GTM making custom pulleys and doing their homework on how to make more power than what is out of the box.

There's nothing special about the Vortech kit and the recent qc issues and recall doesn't make it more appealing. Have fun with your Vortech when the bearings fail and I'm sure ur in really really good hands with RA
Thank you for also seeing this clown has no idea as to what he is talking about.He does the same thing over on the my350z site but gets flamed more often.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:49 PM
So would the HKS Hi-Power exaust be good enough for this kit or it would be too restrictive? Im guessing exaust temperature and backpressure must not be so hot because you are excluding the heat that a turbo would bring to the system... I like superchargers simply brillant! The HKS Combo would sound great to me..

Old 05-20-2008, 08:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by P.Money
So would the HKS Hi-Power exaust be good enough for this kit or it would be too restrictive? Im guessing exaust temperature and backpressure must not be so hot because you are excluding the heat that a turbo would bring to the system... I like superchargers simply brillant! The HKS Combo would sound great to me..
I believe they did their own testing with this exhaust system. I wonder how much benefit larger diameter piping would be.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HKS Gt Supercharger released!!