Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Well My FI Days Have Come To An End.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 11:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NOBODY is safe!

Old 04-25-2010, 02:40 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by KC23
I'm just not knowledgable enough to go that route. Bad enough taking a chance to have to pay for a blown engine without also having to pay several thousand for the previledge to take that chance to begin with.
Do you think people are just born with the knowledge of going FI?? We all started where you are. I researched for about 6 months before I pulled the trigger. That's how you become knowledgeable. Anyways, if you are looking for something 100% safe, then you should definitely NOT go FI.

Old 04-25-2010, 04:19 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I agree with most of the posts I have reviewed here. One additional note, though...

If you take built, low compression, short block with appropriate rods, pistons, fuel delivery, etc., and a suitable clutch (or transmission build if you are auto) you should be perfectly fine in the low 400 whp range, and perhaps higher. The issue typically is either (1) once we have a bulit short block we decide that we want to shoot for high whp numbers, (2) someone gets a crappy tune, or (3) something else unanticipated goes wrong due to an installation error or the driver doing something stupid (like me over-reving my motor doing a WOT shift before first making sure the WOT shifting was properly setup and working properly with a new EMS).

Last edited by TTG35forT; 04-25-2010 at 05:53 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hexxum001
Do you think people are just born with the knowledge of going FI?? We all started where you are. I researched for about 6 months before I pulled the trigger. That's how you become knowledgeable. Anyways, if you are looking for something 100% safe, then you should definitely NOT go FI.
I just don't have the budget to take chances like that. If/when I did/do, I'm thinking the Vortech supercharger so far.

You're right though, I wouldn't of pulled the trigger without a long time reading up on the subject. I still will be reading about it either way.

I don't really have the right car to begin with. I have a sedan with the automatic. Perhaps my next G will be the manual. My kids are just now leaving the nest so financially I'll be in better shape soon.

I do love this car though. More than any I've ever owned since I started driving in 1972.