Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

G37 test car needed for Twin Turbo application | So.Cal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 03:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Owner should get the turbo kit for free instead of the "special price" for letting you guys beat his engine

Old 04-23-2008, 07:22 PM
Well this is not the kind of turbo kit we can give out free, it will include a 1000HP supporting fuel kit and a stand alone EMS. We are willing to do free fabrication/welding/install/tune, but the owner will have to cover for the cost of parts included in the kit.

Once the kit is installed and the car is tuned, we will put the car on the track and owner will push it as hard as he can! We will get logs and go from there. But it should be fairly smooth.

Our other option is buying a g37 coupe and building the kit around it..

regards,

Cenk
owner, garageGT

Old 04-23-2008, 07:30 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
So you want to take someones car for 4-6 weeks and then charge them for the turbo kit? If you produce the turbo kit you are going to make thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollars....sounds like a rip off to me. Yet the person who let you borrow their car is going to be the one responsible for the success of your turbo application.

-Sean

Old 04-23-2008, 08:18 PM
Yes that is exactly what we plan to do, but doubtful on making hundreds of thousands grass looks greener on this side but I understand what you point out. Wish you understood how much work will be going into this project.

Please don't accuse us with ripping people off, we are offering a turbo kit (installed/tuned) for about $5000 less than many people paid. I'm sure there is someone out there we can make the deal, but it's not you for sure.

No credit for all the work we want to do? Please be rational.
All it takes is $5000 down and $500 monthly payments and you own a g37.

regards,

garageGT

Old 04-23-2008, 08:44 PM
Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
Sounds like a deal I'd jump on if I could.

Old 04-25-2008, 02:14 AM
teamsolo.net im-integline
so i get it for free. even better lol!!!

still waiting on my reply email

Old 04-25-2008, 02:41 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
sounds like a good deal to me.

i don't know much about garage gt, so this may be their chance to make a name for themselves in the G community.

i'd recommend this "deal" be done face to face rather than emails and everything be documented in writing.

in this day and age, a handshake is not good enough.

best of luck to the individual who jumps on this deal.

since there are a few active SD members, I'm sure we can keep an eye out on your car for you if you're not from around here.

a contract is an ABSOLUTE must!!! no details left out.

take lots of pics of the car before and document everything.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:27 AM
Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by GarageGT
Yes that is exactly what we plan to do, but doubtful on making hundreds of thousands grass looks greener on this side but I understand what you point out. Wish you understood how much work will be going into this project.

Please don't accuse us with ripping people off, we are offering a turbo kit (installed/tuned) for about $5000 less than many people paid. I'm sure there is someone out there we can make the deal, but it's not you for sure.

regards,

garageGT
is that a 30 year plan intrest only loan?...

Old 04-25-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by solopresident
so i get it for free. even better lol!!!

still waiting on my reply email
Hi Vik, had sent you the email on wednesday.

resending...

Old 04-25-2008, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by drsifu1
sounds like a good deal to me.

i don't know much about garage gt, so this may be their chance to make a name for themselves in the G community.

i'd recommend this "deal" be done face to face rather than emails and everything be documented in writing.

in this day and age, a handshake is not good enough.

best of luck to the individual who jumps on this deal.

since there are a few active SD members, I'm sure we can keep an eye out on your car for you if you're not from around here.

a contract is an ABSOLUTE must!!! no details left out.

take lots of pics of the car before and document everything.

I'd like to meet you guys in person, honestly we don't spend any time on forums. Its a different world pros & cons no doubt but its just not our thing..

We are open on saturdays as well if any of you guys want to stop by..

regards,

cenk
garageGT

Old 04-25-2008, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by nyqueenz
is that a 30 year plan intrest only loan?...
We are thinking of having a garageGT credit card made for parts shopping if the deal goes through, it will be similar to a bestbuy card..

Old 04-25-2008, 08:34 PM
XKR
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

regards,

garageGT

His statement may sound a little harsh.....but I agree with him.

Originally Posted by Nismo G
So you want to take someones car for 4-6 weeks and then charge them for the turbo kit? If you produce the turbo kit you are going to make thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollars....sounds like a rip off to me. Yet the person who let you borrow their car is going to be the one responsible for the success of your turbo application.-Sean
You want someone to give you their new car to rip into and then all they get is a thanks and a few nuts and bolts . A company that wants to bring a new product to market pays for their own R&D.....

Forged Performance & GTM has their own G37 for the same reason you want one. I think that you should at least give them the kit free for the inconvenience....because you know that no matter what goes wrong with the car after you remove the kit...the customer will blame you for anything that goes wrong with the car.

If you feel its only $5000 down and $500 a month....then why don't you go that route instead of inconveniencing someone who may not understand the down side to this . You mess with someone's G 37 .... Nissan voids their warrantee ...then what are you going to tell them? Are you willing to pick up where Nissan refuses to cover?

I feel the kit would be a good compensation for using someone's car for your benefit. Other companies have gone this route...but they at least gave the kit to the customer.
My 2cents.

Last edited by XKR; 04-25-2008 at 08:45 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:04 PM
We already know %99 of the owners would want the kit for free.

But we don't have the R&D budget to give out a $10000+ kit.

This is what we offer, its the owner's decision, as this is our decision. If it works then we will build kit, if we can't find anybody, then we buy the car, that simple.

Turbocharging and worrying about warranty do not go together, as I had stated before, I can take responsibilty of all damage when the car is here and any damage caused by turbo install/tune etc. But the owner has to be willing to turbo his car in the first place. There is no point in dealing with a customer that is concerned about warranty of failed headlight bulbs or similar.

We are not a nissan/infiniti oriented shop yet, we did turbo kit installs on Zs and g35s and seen how poor the fabrication was and decided to build our own.

Our shop cars are:
1994 1000HP+ Supra 6spd
2002 Time attack WRX
2005 Street/Show WRX
2007 Street/Show STi
2006 Time attack EVO IX MR

Old 04-25-2008, 09:22 PM
XKR
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Turbocharging and worrying about warranty do not go together,
I am well aware of that .....my G is fully built with way over 600whp....you need to try telling that to a pissed off customer with a G37 thats not running right and Nissan telling them that its because of something you did.

If you cant afford to give them a free kit for their troubles.....I think you cant afford the headaches you are asking for.

Good luck.

We are not a nissan/infiniti oriented shop yet, we did turbo kit installs on Zs and g35s and seen how poor the fabrication was and decided to build our own.

BTW....what kits were these that were poorly fabricated APS, JWT, Greedy

Last edited by XKR; 04-25-2008 at 09:28 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G37 test car needed for Twin Turbo application | So.Cal