Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

WTF? 267hp?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 10:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didnt do much research when I took it to MN. I deserved the chitty tune they did. But as for AAM, alot of PPL recommended them. So for the record, I cant complain about AAMs work because I have yet to get the car back. So in all fairness to AAM, I actually anticipate getting my car back and seeing the improvement. My only concern is like I said before. The boost issue. As soon as I find out I will let you all know! Bear with me, my previous car was a non turbo MR2, so a TT G35 is a HUGE step up in my learning curve

Old 01-26-2009, 11:14 AM
Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by Hydrochoad
I didnt do much research when I took it to MN. I deserved the chitty tune they did. But as for AAM, alot of PPL recommended them. So for the record, I cant complain about AAMs work because I have yet to get the car back. So in all fairness to AAM, I actually anticipate getting my car back and seeing the improvement. My only concern is like I said before. The boost issue. As soon as I find out I will let you all know! Bear with me, my previous car was a non turbo MR2, so a TT G35 is a HUGE step up in my learning curve
There are a few people with a huge hardon against AAM due to a couple mistakes made YEARS ago and from newer local competition, especially my350z forums (hence why they want you to go over there to get your *** handed back to you). Just take it easy, ask questions about the labor and boost, and you'll be all good.

The best part is most if not all of the people bad talking them have never had their car screwed up or even worked on there LOL

Old 01-26-2009, 04:27 PM
XKR
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by djamps
There are a few people with a huge hardon against AAM due to a couple mistakes made YEARS ago and from newer local competition, especially my350z forums (hence why they want you to go over there to get your *** handed back to you). Just take it easy, ask questions about the labor and boost, and you'll be all good.

The best part is most if not all of the people bad talking them have never had their car screwed up or even worked on there LOL
Guy...are you F-ing kidding...Look at the invoice Over $350 for plugs and install I must have missed the part where the OP said that AAM was a Ferrari dealer

I have nothing against AAM...what I have a problem with is to see members getting ripped off by other members and shops.... Jeremy ( PF) better hurry and get his @zz up to AAM and change this kind of crap or we will have another shop go in the crapper!!!!

Even the Infiniti dealer will charge $100 to change the plugs...what gives AAM the right to charge this much. I did not bother to read the rest of the invoice because I dont want to see something else that would **** me off some more.

AAM needs to refund the OP some of this OVERCHARGE!!!

OP....Make sure that Jeremy or JT is at AAM before taking your car there....if you dont see him in person...DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CAR !!!!!!

Keep me updated on what you are being charged... The FI Regulators will help you through this.

Good Luck

Old 01-26-2009, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by XKR
Guy...are you F-ing kidding...Look at the invoice Over $350 for plugs and install I must have missed the part where the OP said that AAM was a Ferrari dealer
My beef is that you're jumping to conclusions without hearing both sides of the story. Why don't you call the shop yourself and talk to Jeremy and find out the real scoop? He's there, I met him today -- great guy. Awesome F'ing shop.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:31 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My beef is that you're jumping to conclusions without hearing both sides of the story. Why don't you call the shop yourself and talk to Jeremy and find out the real scoop? He's there, I met him today -- great guy. Awesome F'ing shop.
since you were there can you fill us in on the other side of the story?

Old 01-26-2009, 06:43 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Sounds like a nut swinger to me.Now that JT is there hopefully things will change.

BTW us in the mid-a know alot more about this shop then you do.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:59 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by Hydrochoad
Here is one of the pages of the invoice (See attatchment ). Second one down. Total of 363.14 to replace 6 plugs. Thats all I was getting at.
The otherside??? READ THE INVOICE !!!! THATS THE OTHER SIDE !!!

I dont need to call the shop...I know how good JT is....plus, JT was not there when this happened.That still does not excuse the fact that this person was charged OVER $350 for spark plugs and labor....

You went to the shop today...maybe you can tell us all why the OP was charged so much. If you are going to Nuthuggg for a shop....you better have the answers....

This is too funny...you have JT who undercharges going to a shop that over charges.

Originally Posted by superchargedg
Sounds like a nut swinger to me.Now that JT is there hopefully things will change.

BTW us in the mid-a know alot more about this shop then you do.
I agree !!

Last edited by XKR; 01-26-2009 at 08:05 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by XKR
You went to the shop today...maybe you can tell us all why the OP was charged so much. If you are going to Nuthuggg for a shop....you better have the answers....
So if you bring accusations you don't need to check your facts but if someone questions you they do? Where's the FI police? Isn't That what they are here for? If you prove me wrong I'll repent my forum blasphemy and admit I'm a nutswinging idiot ;-)

Old 01-26-2009, 08:46 PM
XKR
So if you bring accusations you don't need to check your facts but if someone questions you they do? Where's the FI police? Isn't That what they are here for? If you prove me wrong I'll repent my forum blasphemy and admit I'm a nutswinging idiot ;-)

My bad...I should have ended my post with this face ...READ THE INVOICE !!!!!!!!!

The Invoice speakes for itself....Someone asked the OP for the proof because no one even I did not believe the OP was charged that much. So the FACTS have been checked and presented.

Now if AAM said that they used Solid Gold tools to remove and install the plugs...then thats a different story

So back to your post painted in red

Originally Posted by escobar929
it doesnt matter, the point in the OP need to do his homework on the stuff he's getting so he doesnt get ripped off like this

who cares what kinda car you drive, just cause you have a G doesnt mean you have to pay more for parts at one place when they are way cheaper else where
And thats the entire point.....$160-$175 with plugs is what shops charge....so this guy thinks its kool for AAM to charge (a customer that does not know better) more than twice as much as better shops charge??? WTF???

Last edited by XKR; 01-26-2009 at 09:03 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:42 PM
XKR I totally agree with you in fact I'm the one who wanted to see the invoice because I really wanted to see for myself -- as when I had mine done there they weren't that much. Just to play devils advocate (and thats all I'm doing here) what if there was more work involved? Like rethreading or something else in the way or jacked up that needs to be dealt with? I guess that's why I'm still not taking sides even though it might seem that I am. My personal experience with AAM has been nothing short of fantastic, and I'm going to leave it at that. The FI Police can handle the rest.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:53 AM
XKR
XKR I totally agree with you in fact I'm the one who wanted to see the invoice because I really wanted to see for myself -- as when I had mine done there they weren't that much. Just to play devils advocate (and thats all I'm doing here) what if there was more work involved? Like rethreading or something else in the way or jacked up that needs to be dealt with? I guess that's why I'm still not taking sides even though it might seem that I am. My personal experience with AAM has been nothing short of fantastic, and I'm going to leave it at that. The FI Police can handle the rest.
The same can be said about VRT....before everything fell apart...some were saying that they were treated well..but what about the ones that were F-ed over ..I am not putting AAM in the same shoe as VRT ( especially now that JT is there ) but if it was not for the invoice I would not have gotten involved....2.5 hours to change plugs??? I myself have changed my plugs on my G in less than 20 minutes.....I have seen the dealer do it in less time.....There was nothing mentioned on the invoice about problems with removing the plugs.......but I am quite sure now it will be the excuse use to justify this OVERCHARGE

I have been in this game a long time....and I am use to seeing shops/Dealers take advantage of people. I even play games with some of the dealerships by having my wife take the cars in to see what they will say and then when I show up...the story always changes...... Shops love when people like this OP shows up with ZERO info about whats up with their cars....these are always the ones that get taken and MOST of the time they never know.

I keep telling you guys..there are tons of guys on here that have gone through this FI thing...and are willing to help others go through it the right way. Use the "PM" button.....ask questions....go to my350z.com and do a search.

Last edited by XKR; 01-27-2009 at 10:59 AM.