Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

3rd party independant tear down results of a failed VQ motor.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 02:32 AM
GTM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dofu
Actually, it seems like this thread is so GTM can't escape taking responsibility of a faulty product if it's what the findings show... which once again, are not in yet.
I really wish people will wait until the results are completed before making any more comments, you know - to avoid looking like a donkey

-George

Old 10-29-2008, 09:02 AM
Originally Posted by George@GTM
Hi Canadian,

I know our response was long and don't expect everyone to read it completely before making comments like this.

You missed the part were we contacted Zoni to verify Julians story and he is lying. They never rectified the problem with the oil squirters, the car never got repaired.

Don't believe me? Contact the owner of the car yourself. (Zoni)

Thanks,

-George
GT Motorsports
The problem was rectified with the owner, Dave Zoni. Our persona agreement to rectify the situation is
A) None of your business..
B) More than GTM offered to do
C) is fully being covered by us when it happens.
In fact Sam is so ignorant to the whole process he suggested replacing oil squirtes with the motor still in the car This scares me. Everyone knows this is NOT possible, of course unless your in the 909 magical zone...

So please now george, stop with the personal insults and calling me a lier. Despite the fact that you DO NOT recieve a paycheck from GTM, you still represent GTM Motors as a company, and can be held liable for slander in a court of law, should I choose to file a slander suit against GTM. This thread is more than enough evidence to prove that you and Sam posted innacurate and hurtfull lies about me and MRC. Now please get an education on the topic and discuss :
A) the tolerances and clearances of Vino's motor (fist post, if you care to dispute the results, the motor is at a shop 40 mins away from you in California as we speak)
B) The warranty issue on the cams
C) the fact that oil squirters were hit by pistons on an engine GTM assembled 3 years AFTER the oil squirter issue was resolved.

You have ZERO retort for the facts, other than slandering me, twisting my words, and diverting attention against the REAL facts at hand.
I spoke to Sam last night in regards to some new issues that we were made aware of. Now if you would not mind, pleas STFU and stop posting until your boss, or friend or lover, whatever Sam is to you, gives you the authorization to place your foot in your mouth.

Last edited by Julian; 10-29-2008 at 09:14 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:51 AM
Premier Member

Why is everyone even discussing this with George? He doesn't work for GTM, he helps them advertise, sell stuff. He can't make calls on stuf that happens. He is persoanlly making GTM lose business by the way he is acting alone. Deal with the person in charge only and that is SAM.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by G35_TX
Why is everyone even discussing this with George? He doesn't work for GTM, he helps them advertise, sell stuff. He can't make calls on stuf that happens. He is persoanlly making GTM lose business by the way he is acting alone. Deal with the person in charge only and that is SAM.
+1

Also, I think the admins should reconsider George's sponsor status. He's a customer and friend who hangs out at the shop, yet he speaks in a formal capacity portraying himself as an expert and authority.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 10-29-2008 at 12:38 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by r0mey
Like I said before just to be clear. I dont have the report yet.

Im anxious to find out why my second built motor didnt fire on start up. As I stated both parties agree whoever is at fault to completely 100 percent stand behind their work and get me back on the road at no out of pocket expense to me with no questions asked no EXCUSES MADE. . Both parties agreed to the shop and both agreed it was unbias. Since this motor had nothing to do with me failing apon start up. I will post the results tommorrow to whoever is at fault and what they are gonna do. I hope both parties keep their verbal agreement with me as they stated
Well, the report is supposed to be out today, and I can only hope both parties do the responsible thing like everyone had agreed.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:19 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
+1

Also, I think the admins should reconsider George's sponsor status. He's a customer and friend who hangs out at the shop, yet he speaks in a formal capacity portraying himself as an expert and authority.
That's like me speaking on behalf of our parts department. I do not work in parts, but will still advise on parts and give out information.

Should my sponsorship be revoked too?

I am not paid for any parts sales I make, and do this voluntarily without pay, similar to what George does for GTM.

Enthusiast first, Sponsor second.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:37 PM
Premier Member

You work for the company this guy does not. Big difference.

Old 10-29-2008, 04:03 PM
Banned
Hal from I.P. posted this on My350

We really do not want to be drug into this mess, though I feel the need to reply to this statement aimed at us. First of all, yes we come from a history of built 2JZ setups, though we primarily deal with VQs at this point. These motors are not apples to apples, but at the end of the day a properly built motor is a properly built motor. We have never used vendor-supplied motors, but rather spent significant time perfecting our own motor packages. To answer your question, we do not own machining equipment - though we work very tightly with a machine shop a mile away that is primarily devoted to us. From there, we assemble the motors. We have always preferred thoroughly testing our packages in house before recommending something to customers. For some, this meant originally waiting a bit longer to purchase a stroker motor until we had thoroughly tested our package and were comfortable selling a "1000HP" motor that we knew holds over 1000hp

We have been very fortunate at this point with no failures to report, though I am sure this will not stay true forever. As we all know, how the failure is handled says a lot about a company - which is why we stand behind our products and make sure everything is right without forcing them to jump through hoops/raindance/etc. I have complete confidence in our assembly including consistent torquing as well as decking of sleeved motors. It makes me cringe to know people are so fearful of sleeves now due to others' failures.

Now back on topic!

And Nitrouz posted this sortly after

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannysage
wow, didn't know this. you got the lose-lose deal on that one. with the $$ that I think you've spent it shouldn't be leaking anything and nothing should be lifting with the minimal miles you had on the car. I guess GTM took your cash and wiped their hands clean. That's a double bogus.. with the customs issue and ending up with a money-pit lemon that needed more money dumping to get it to the condition where it should've been in the first place. sorry to hear that.

My wallet agrees with you. But truthfully, Sam is right. We don't know what had happened. The car was not in my possession. Like I said, I don't, and can't blame GTM for the head gasket failure. I just stated what truthfully happened, and I don't blame Sam at all. Now with the new headgasket in, it's been running fine. I've beat on it quite a few times too.

I know some here may think I'm stupid and would never learn, but of course I know more than everyone else here about my transactions with GTM and when/how things we down. It's impossible for me to describe everything and type it out. But if I had to do it again, GTM would still be the only shop I go to. In fact, I'm looking foward to sending my GTR to Sam when the platform is more developed in the aftermarket.

Alex

Let's hold off on the GTM and MRC bashing for now until the report is posted tonight shall we?

Seems the customer-Moderator has posted a l,ittle warning not to post .

Go-fast posterd this earlier and pretty much says it all as far as GTM goes in my eye's . When some shops get to big [ AAM comes to mind ] and the owner thinks he can do no wrong . All products are good as gold when they leave the shop and only the customer is going to be responsible if something goes wrong with it . It is ONLY when threads like this one comes out , showing all of how the shop handles things . Do they come foward and say they will take care of it . Just like AAM does when a bad thread gets going about them .

Go-fast
24 pages of customer heartbreak and huge money lost and your only response is pity for gtm?gtm is guilty of lies,character assasination,diversion tactics,finger pointing,cover ups and when that obsticle course is laid out it's followed by a "if you can prove it's our fault we'll take care of it" or "send it back to us and we'll tell you what we think".who has the stamina to negotiate all that bs and if you do you still haven't cleared the final hurtle....nutswingers.what planet are you living on?

Last edited by booger; 10-29-2008 at 08:34 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:09 PM
On a side note, how come the EVERYTHING has been addressed in this thread with the exception of the Original factual data form the inspection report. The only thing that has not been disputed are the facts found on the preliminary inspection of Vino's motor.

I will say that regardless of the inspection report some new information has surfaced that myself and Sam are reviewing and need to make a determination on, that is NOT cut and dry.

Someone recently brought to Sam and I 's attention this following information:
Following Romey's heads lifting on my dyno, he took possession of the car around memorial day weekend for a car show he claimed to have, and street raced it to over 145mph at 18+ psi. The race was caught on video and posted on Youtube.

Here it is:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TJqaYBXuJSs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TJqaYBXuJSs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I can vouche for the time frame of the video being filmed following the Open dump install and head lifting incident. I can also relay that according to my sources there was coolant spewing all over Romeys windshiled during the race. In the video you clearly see 2 backfires from the drivers tailpipe, most likely floating of a valve...It is my conclusion Rome hurt his original motor more than it already was during this race. He turned a simple headgasket issue into multiple problems due to the fact he
A) could not listen to us
B) felt the need to show off

I have been a friend to Romey for well over a year now, and feel that at this point i am being lied to, and taken advantage of. If there was an issue the we 100% messed up on we would have covered it fully as we always do.

I have spent many many hours adressing issues with Romes car not related to our install and never charged him a penny for my time. We diagnosed a faulty clutch in the initial build, and also fixed a faulty throttle body for FREE, as well as countless dyno sessions for FREE....i gave him parts at cost and labor at 50% rate.

I have not been paid for the test pipe, meth, hose,heatwrap, ect install since May of 2008, nor have I been paid for pulling his motor and reinstalling it on 2 seperate occasions. I am out over $6500 in labor and parts since May of 2008 in regards to this incident.

However I felt an obligation to assist Romey during this process, and felt bad for him. However seeing this video changes EVERYTHING for me and how I feel.

I have been lied to, taken advantage of and have now risked my reputation over an issue that did not need to be...
Regardless of the blame on the initial head gasket issue, the fact that he took out a hurt car and raced it to over 145mph in itself is neglect and abuse by the owner.

How can I stand behind this?? Am I expected to still eat this entire job??
Romey has already told me he is not paying me a single dime, and he did a chargeback on Sam for around $3700. Now the facts come to light that this situation may have been caused by Romey himself...

I am not fully negating GTM for lack of quality control as there seems to be an astounding number og headgasket failures from their motors, and a serious quality control issue..We been running over 24 psi on our car on an HKS headgasket and L19's and zero issuies thus far.

I am posting this up to ask everyone in all seriousness, what should we do at MRC in regards to Romeys motor, and what would YOU do as a shop/business owner if this was presented to you?

Old 10-29-2008, 05:18 PM
i guess this is what happens when the report gets released

Old 10-29-2008, 05:31 PM
Team Transport Member
If you have the car at your shop just put a LEAN on it till its paid for or you just came up on a built Z for around $7k

Im not a fan of GTM at all but any person knowing their car is not up to par to make runs like that then still doing so and blaming the shop for it not running is an idiot.

We all get excited about the boost and wanna show off and feel it. I too jumped in my car in front of my mechanic the day my motor was done and after being told not too boost got 20ft down the road and boosted. My mechanic slapped the back of my head and told me he would shove the crescent wrench up my rear.

A head gasket is a big deal heat will kill a motor we all know that.I think Romey should pay for teh 3rd party inspection and dish out the cash to MRC for the work.

side note- Thats why I dont take credit cards at my place of business.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:35 PM
Premier Member

1) I personally think the motor should have been able to handle that power without the problems. But if he knew he had the problems before hand, he should not have pushed it anymore until it was fixed.

2) It is really a toss-up. Since he owes you money, I personally wouldn't do a thing for him other than turn him in.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:36 PM
Premier Member

Good point. I know shops who do this all the time. Till it's paid for they don't get their car back. Since you have the car, I would hold on to it.

Originally Posted by zazaracing
If you have the car at your shop just put a LEAN on it till its paid for or you just came up on a built Z for around $7k

Im not a fan of GTM at all but any person knowing their car is not up to par to make runs like that then still doing so and blaming the shop for it not running is an idiot.

We all get excited about the boost and wanna show off and feel it. I too jumped in my car in front of my mechanic the day my motor was done and after being told not too boost got 20ft down the road and boosted. My mechanic slapped the back of my head and told me he would shove the crescent wrench up my rear.

A head gasket is a big deal heat will kill a motor we all know that.I think Romey should pay for teh 3rd party inspection and dish out the cash to MRC for the work.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by zazaracing

I dont know how my agreed labor rate with julian of 30 dollars an hr turned into 6500 for a motor install and pull but hey numbers always get exaggeratted around here

SalesMRC (139 PM): I offered to let you pay $30 pe hour labor to cover the labor..I aint MAKING money off you Rome..
r0me aka b L k (149 PM): ^ thats fine
r0me aka b L k (153 PM): im not mad about that

Old 10-29-2008, 05:38 PM
Premier Member

You owe him for all his parts that you didn't pay for.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 3rd party independant tear down results of a failed VQ motor.