Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

3rd party independant tear down results of a failed VQ motor.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 01:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sent you a PM back Julian...please do the right thing. Not just with myself, but Rome too, he has much more at stake than what I am asking for.

It doesn't have to end blaming everyone, it will speak to your character if you take care of all the issues which have been presented to you and you know them to be MRC's fault. I think I speak for Rome as well when I say that neither one of us think you are a 'bad' person...sometimes **** happens, it is all in how you handle it

I ask you to think about what I just said before you reply to me...

Old 10-30-2008, 01:30 AM
Originally Posted by Julian
Thank rome..No need for a 3 way, Sam already washed himself clean despite some evidence that the issue was 50% his fault, i dont need to speak with him any further he will not help you out, and if this thread did not start, do you think your Cams would be warrantied Rome? NO...
I ask you as my friend publicly and I will pm sam as well to lets resolve this as easy as possible. The best way to do this is to have all of us at one place me you matt sam and the third party. You know my number and my aim. Im always reachable if you wanna talk there now. Thank you again for the things you have done im just trying to get back on the road my man and I know you do 2 in your heart of hearts

Old 10-30-2008, 01:42 AM
Originally Posted by UMW350Z
Sent you a PM back Julian...please do the right thing. Not just with myself, but Rome too, he has much more at stake than what I am asking for.

It doesn't have to end blaming everyone, it will speak to your character if you take care of all the issues which have been presented to you and you know them to be MRC's fault. I think I speak for Rome as well when I say that neither one of us think you are a 'bad' person...sometimes **** happens, it is all in how you handle it

I ask you to think about what I just said before you reply to me...
Joe, this is not the place nor the time to discuss this. If you wish to PM or AIM me then do so.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:43 AM
Originally Posted by KPierson
I'm pretty sure it's far from over - there are still quite a few people that don't have properly running cars - after all that is the important thing.
ah yeah that's true, let me rephrase it then "at least we got to the bottom of the shop's disputes" ???

Old 10-30-2008, 02:03 AM
As a fellow shop owner I just wanted to chime in here.......

Julian has a hot temper and probably an ego the size of King Kong but he deep down is a good guy.This guy that everyone loves to hate went out of his way for me and helped me get back over $3500 worth of stolen parts)by some scammer here on the boards) a couple of years ago.That was huge and I dont ever forget things like that Julian.We had some business dealings and overall it didnt really work out.Thats is how things go sometimes.To summarize Julian,take some time away from the boards,get things straighted out and if you feel in your heart that the whole car scene is something you dont want to do anymore thne walk away.At least you still have a good job and a career.

Sam is insanely knowledgable and he knows it.Of all the people I have talked with in the VQ community is he is a top ranked authority in my book.We buy misc. parts from him and honestly speaking,he is the only shop in So Cal that I would ever let put sleeves in our VQ blocks. So far no issues so I guess that is good. We do our own assembly so it is our responsibilty if thngs go south.And I check our piston to cylinder wall clearance myself so I know it is all good before an engine gets assembled.We have had some issues with mutual customers and they have been worked out.That is the way it goes.You have to give and take a little in this business.

To summarize.....the guys here that run a shop try to do thier best.Some things work out and some things dont.Eventually it can get to you and make you re-think if it is what you really want to do in life.I know all the shop owners on these boards think about this and probably quite often too.There are massive responsibilites assoicated with running a shop and more often then not,other people(employees,customers,family and friends) lives are effected by your decisions.It is hard to run a shop and it is hard to make money doing this because hoestly,people want alot more then they are wiling to pay for!!!!! I am sure I might get a flame job over this but this is my opinion and after 10+ years of running a car shop, I think it is pretty accurate. The only reason I still do it it is because I love it.I am smart enough to do something else and make more money but my life is not all about money.I like making parts and building fast cars. If I didnt have that, then I wouldnt want to live.Building cars is my crack so you can call me Pookie from now on.Take care.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:55 AM
Team Transport Member
business is business never take it personal and to the heart man. Things happen words get said and the waters get rough. Dont close your shop because of one person or one problem, things like this just make you stronger.I too run a business for 8yrs now and sometimes I want to kill my vendors or customers. I have to make a masterpiece out of other shops **** ups.

I want to apalogize for some of the things I too said towards GTM and Sam. I dont like the guy even though I never really got to know him. He rubbed me the wrong way when I was doing my build research and the whole GTM nut hugging has really gotten old on the forums. THEY ARE NOT GODS...they just have great marketing skills.

Sorry to say but there are many shops not on the forums that will school GTM,their builds and their tuning any day of the week. Yes GTM does a good job and have produced many gorgeous and powerful cars.Just enough attitude and cockiness like your **** smells like roses. I understand being proud of your work and having happy customers but maybe if you brought your head down from the clouds you wouldnt have so many haters on the forums.

I understand too when people start doing really well at something there will be haters that are jealous and want the lime light too.To the haters "Work harder to do better and show yourself." To the ones being hated dont let your head get to big what goes up must come down.

Just thought I should post that to admit my wrong in what I said. Not trying to be changing side or anything.I still wont take my car to GTM or MRC

Old 10-30-2008, 07:33 AM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
R0mey,

You should try to get GTM to commit to a rebuild after 3-5,000 miles or so of "break in" running should the leak down numbers not improve. Of course that would mean you have to drive the car lightly for 5,000 miles. If Sam is so sure that the leakdown numbers are acceptable he shouldn't have a problem with this.

Old 10-30-2008, 12:32 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Holy freakin' drama..

Cliff notes someone?
What's the final resolution here?
Who is paying for what, and how soon will everything be resolved?

My 2 yen:

It didn't have to come down to this. This thread should have never existed. Business (dirty laundry in this case) shouldn't be aired on a public forum for the whole world to cheer and egg on. Both vendors have a great deal of pride in their work and in their business (lest forgetting the single most important cliche in business: Pride Comes Before the Fall). It's quite apparent that we are viewing, however, 2 companies that market themselves wholly on opposite sides of the marketing spectrum. While ultimately that variable should play NO part in the outcome of this thread, Julian -- you will always lose in these battles because you have no tact. Saying that you are rough around the edges is a belittlement to the cliche.. Mind you, this is not a character assassination, but rather constructive criticism.

The internetwebs loooves this ish. Peeps looove this drama. For you, unfortunately, it is and will in the end be, your unraveling. You can view your business as the "little guy" getting stepped on by the big giant, but if that is the reality of the relationship, my opinion is that you cannot ever win going this route. GTM has a SOLID reputation. It's not a castle built of sand. Taking them down in this fashion will never go your way. Mind you, I'm not laying the blame 100% on either party because I see fault on both sides -- that's generally the case in situations like these.

Last, the clients are ultimately the most important here. I hope that both sides put away their animosity for each other and take care of them quickly.

Darren

Old 10-30-2008, 12:38 PM
Edit: hopefully I can get some resolution closure today on my car thanks for everyones support

Last edited by r0mey; 10-30-2008 at 01:52 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:40 PM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
This thread needs to be locked and only opened for MRC, GTM or Romey to post in, the rest of the people are just making useless comments right now.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by zazaracing
business is business never take it personal and to the heart man. Things happen words get said and the waters get rough. Dont close your shop because of one person or one problem, things like this just make you stronger.I too run a business for 8yrs now and sometimes I want to kill my vendors or customers. I have to make a masterpiece out of other shops **** ups.

I want to apalogize for some of the things I too said towards GTM and Sam. I dont like the guy even though I never really got to know him. He rubbed me the wrong way when I was doing my build research and the whole GTM nut hugging has really gotten old on the forums. THEY ARE NOT GODS...they just have great marketing skills.

Sorry to say but there are many shops not on the forums that will school GTM,their builds and their tuning any day of the week. Yes GTM does a good job and have produced many gorgeous and powerful cars.Just enough attitude and cockiness like your **** smells like roses. I understand being proud of your work and having happy customers but maybe if you brought your head down from the clouds you wouldnt have so many haters on the forums.

I understand too when people start doing really well at something there will be haters that are jealous and want the lime light too.To the haters "Work harder to do better and show yourself." To the ones being hated dont let your head get to big what goes up must come down.

Just thought I should post that to admit my wrong in what I said. Not trying to be changing side or anything.I still wont take my car to GTM or MRC
WERD Well said. I feel exactly the same way.

And I have to disagree with my friend Darren at Intense on one point. GTM's reputation is built on hype, not substance IMO.

Case in point: GTM rates some of their own products for 1,000whp, yet thus far GTM has never built a 1,000+whp car. So how in the hell would they truly know if their parts can really take 1,000whp?!?!?!???

And we are seeing suspect GTM motors (like Alberto on my350z and the gentleman from Singapore who posted here) on both forum boards that are failing or having issues well below those power levels.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:31 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
And I have to disagree with my friend Darren at Intense on one point. GTM's reputation is built on hype, not substance IMO.

Case in point: GTM rates some of their own products for 1,000whp, yet thus far GTM has never built a 1,000+whp car. So how in the hell would they truly know if their parts can really take 1,000whp?!?!?!???

And we are seeing suspect GTM motors (like Alberto on my350z and the gentleman from Singapore who posted here) on both forum boards that are failing or having issues well below those power levels.
I think you're reading too much in to my post.

When I said that they have a "solid" reputation, I didn't mean to imply anything except that it literally is "solid". They have a great reputation. Whether or not that "solid" reputation is something you want to dispute or not, it's undeniable that the overall general consensus is that they're a shop that delivers a solid product; and for someone like Julian, who has a reputation to fly off the handle, acting on pure rage and emotion, to come at GTM like he did in this thread, he should've had OJ at the scene wearing the glove, holding a bloody butchers knife...

They're very successful at marketing themselves as a premier engine builder and tuner in this community. I have nothing to gain by saying this as we don't sell ANY GTM parts (they have alliances with other shops in this community)

EVERY shop has engines that fail. If you believe that they've built 200 VQ's then of course there will be a bad engine here and there (even F1 motors fail!). Going through the "shop build" subsection I find plenty of builds that in no way are earth shattering, but are still very very respectful and clean.

GTM, I suppose is one of our competitors; however, as a manager of a shop I think it's disrespectful to say that their reputation is built "on hype".

Again, as I've stated twice before in this thread: my hope is that the client's are taken care of with the quickness.

Darren (still waiting on a reply to: What's the final resolution here?
Who is paying for what, and how soon will everything be resolved?)

-- maybe Rome can answer these questions --

Old 10-30-2008, 06:54 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
^^^ Simply Said

Old 10-31-2008, 02:25 AM
I wonder if there was any progress today on getting this worked out/resolved to get r0mey back on the road with a healthy motor ASAP. I just hope some pride gets swallowed and they don't dick around getting this resolved for him.

Any update for us r0me?<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Old 10-31-2008, 03:44 AM
Before this thread gets locked (if it happens), we would all like to know the final results Romey. I think that is what everyone is waiting for. End result we want to see is that you are tearing up the NJ Turnpike again but we would like to know how MRC and GTM expect to get you to that point.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 3rd party independant tear down results of a failed VQ motor.