Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

benefits of different TT kits..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 11:52 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Blackbird V35
I think most of that is totally overkill for 550-600, I think I actually went overboard with oversized valves and a ported and polished head. You could easily hit 600 whp with just a stock head and some good cams.
I agree but I will probably shoot for a higher number down the road, so I want to be prepared if I do so. I talked to the shop thats doing the build and we are most likely going to go with re-worked stock heads with some agressive cams vs. the cosworth heads. I can't wait to get this started!!

Old 12-22-2008, 12:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't bother with heads....these heads stock flow amazing.
I would just do (and am doing) cams.

My car has done almost 800rwhp (on a very conservative tune, and we didn't rev it out) on stock heads, Intense (I think it was intense might have been injected) did 900+rwhp on stock heads. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Originally Posted by silver g
I agree but I will probably shoot for a higher number down the road, so I want to be prepared if I do so. I talked to the shop thats doing the build and we are most likely going to go with re-worked stock heads with some agressive cams vs. the cosworth heads. I can't wait to get this started!!

Old 12-22-2008, 12:58 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by thom000001
I wouldn't bother with heads....these heads stock flow amazing.
I would just do (and am doing) cams.

My car has done almost 800rwhp (on a very conservative tune, and we didn't rev it out) on stock heads, Intense (I think it was intense might have been injected) did 900+rwhp on stock heads. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
I agree. I called the shop again and told them we are gonna stay with the stock heads...they agreed that it was a pretty goog idea as well.