Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Joining the FI 500 HP club..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 11:33 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
Originally Posted by nyqueenz
someone tell me what strut bar is this..
Not sure but its for a Z so it wont fit a G if they made one for a G that would be sweet because its a nice looking bar.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:57 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Being ova seas not in the mist of things gives a person time to think about the choices they make in life…

As I sit here lookin and doing research into my project I begin to wonder.. is going FI really worth it. I know the feeling of having boost is something that grows on a person. What limits could be made to achieve from people you trust in; their expertise and knowledge base an mechanical backgrounds..

Bottom line is.. I just witness someone’s failure not once but twice from three individuals shops who I was highly recommended to do business with. I can not be the person to point fingers or blame, but as I sit here at my desk already 12g into my project I say to myself “am I ready for this.. can I accept failure” I will look at it this way thou.. I spend a lot of time lookin into my project and the process not only mines but other also. I compare notes, testimonies, and most important FACTs to make a command decision on what routes I’m gonna take.

I apologize for my venting…
Any updates?

Yeah I read through Cass's thread on My350Z, and like Rookie said that build IS a mess. But don't let that deter you from your FI dreams. I have read a ton of build threads, and Cass's thread is by far one of the worst I have seen. I doubt you will have the same problems as he did. Stay positive!! And keep us updated.

Old 07-19-2009, 02:50 PM
XKR
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rookie
That build is such a mess. Man.....

I'm 100% glad I went with a Cosworth shortblock (with build sheet) and had it assembled and tuned at 1 shop.

Don't let that deter you from FI though, often times shop/mechanic reputations change over time. Look back a few years, SGP/VRT both had decent reps at one time and both are tanked.

Read read read the forums. I hardly ever post in the My350z FI forums cause I'm there to learn, and there's a lot to learn over there.

Sucks though how many things get swept under the rug when you sit back and observe.
Very well said...........

Old 07-19-2009, 10:32 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by silver g
Any updates?

Yeah I read through Cass's thread on My350Z, and like Rookie said that build IS a mess. But don't let that deter you from your FI dreams. I have read a ton of build threads, and Cass's thread is by far one of the worst I have seen. I doubt you will have the same problems as he did. Stay positive!! And keep us updated.
The best in the industry are consistent top performers...and not just for a a few months or a year....but for many years, and hundreds of builds.

You should be fine.

Old 07-20-2009, 03:43 AM
Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Thanks everyone for your support, I’m still going FI since I’m like 50% into the game already I’m just waiting for the turbo kit to arrive at the shop and also my final decision on who’s gonna do the bottom build..

I did talk to Frank and Jim as I still have complete confidence in them handling my job. I still need to get with Dave on the tuning. But I know everyone is still busy working out the Chass situation. I’m gonna take my time with my build since im Ova seas in Kuwait and I have plenty of time to get things done the right way.

I will follow up wit the details and update as I get info. Thanks everyone.

Sharif I need to get with you on some custom work brothda. I will be giving you a call sometime soon thanks..

Old 08-02-2009, 04:43 AM
BUMP.. new update.

Long Block compelted back at Hills, Turbo kit should be at the shop just waiting on pics.. next on the list head work..

Old 08-09-2009, 02:23 AM
Good news, My greddy kit finally arrived at the shop man 2 week shipping wait……lol I guess anyway long block is done, Kit is at the shop. My engine build will be warping up here in a little while, still have to get the timing/cam chains, tensioners, gaskets and Rev-up oil pump installed. I also added a new water pump do to failure of the old one. I was about to send my heads out next week but… a special offer on a BBK has made me divert my attention to obtaining it. So I will post pics of the progress made so far as soon as I get them from the shop.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:49 AM
BUMP.. new update.

Long Block compelted back at Hills, Turbo kit should be at the shop just waiting on pics.. next on the list head work..
Udate Pictures... sorry took so long.. im about 65% done still need headwork and my cooling mods added then the over all install and tune.. stay tuned..

Eng work completed 8:8.1 compression Pauter rods..

Last edited by nyqueenz; 08-14-2009 at 06:55 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:10 AM
Old 08-14-2009, 07:15 AM
now for da Good SHYT.. 20G baby..

mmmm Dumps..

Old 08-14-2009, 11:34 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I didnt realize that 20g were only a 52mm turbo. Thats a wee tiny turbo. Thats about the same as a GT2871 (gtm stage 2)

Nice to see the project advancing.

Old 08-23-2009, 01:05 AM
Today afterwork im heading with my Kuwait boi to Nissan of Kuwait and buyin the following....

Oil pump strainer/pickup
Rear main seal
Camshaft timing chain
Main timing chain
Main chain tensioner
Camshaft chian tensioner
VTC solenoid Gaskets
Engine Gasket kit

--------------------

These parts should work with our VQ35DE since both Nissan and Infiniti share the same motor..