Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

My TT Install / Engine Bay Modification Journal :D -Input Welcomed

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-16-2009, 02:03 PM
Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by visibiliti
Questions

-Looking for clutch/flywheel suggestions. I don't want noise and want it to feel as close to stock as possible. Right now I am thinking an ACT clutch, and a flywheel not much lighter than OEM. Please advise!

-Radiators... probably going to buy a Koyorad slim from Forged unless I get other suggestions. thanks.
here is my setup...

CD009 new.

ACT 6 puck sringless.. good for upto 600 hp. Clamps HARD.. luv it.

ACT flywheel

Old 07-16-2009, 09:42 PM
Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts
^^ That's gonna be a very grabby clutch!! I got a 6-puck myself, basically I had to re-learn how to drive. I drove a stock G later and I thought I was shifting a civic.

Old 07-17-2009, 03:07 AM
Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by djamps
^^ That's gonna be a very grabby clutch!! I got a 6-puck myself, basically I had to re-learn how to drive. I drove a stock G later and I thought I was shifting a civic.
I drive 6 puck all day long, my M3 runing a SPEC 6 puck sringless also..

the engauge is kinda smooth to me since im use to drivin it..

Old 07-17-2009, 07:49 AM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
I would also suggest the slimmer Koyo as it fits without cutting up your stuff. As far a s clutch I would say JWT

Old 07-17-2009, 08:37 AM
Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts
Mine is not very smooth. Have you ran a 6-puck in the G? With a dual mass flywheel you'll probably be fine, but with a single mass it's very grabby.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All this clutch discussion is good...

But educate me a little further guys- can I mix and match any type of flywheel with clutch? or are certain combos best? Should I stick with OEM flywheel? is this even possible?

Remember, my goals are as little noise as possible and I want the pedal feel to be like stock. Or at least close to it!

Old 07-17-2009, 11:20 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
^ If you want OEM feel I would not go with a 6 puck. I think someone mentioned the JW Clutch and flywheel up above. Here is a link check it out...http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/cus...asp?PartID=454

Not sure the how this clutch feels...you may want to give JW a call and see what they say. Or if there are any members that have this...chime in and let the OP know what you think and what flywheel combo you went with.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:41 PM
^ From the research I have done, I have heard of many people finding the JWT flywheel too noisy? I might be way wrong- hope someone can confirm or correct.

Old 07-17-2009, 03:26 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
Looks good so far. I also have the PWR rad for a G35 the rads for a 350Z have the cap and overflow line on the wrong side so you may have to move your rad overflow bottle or run a really long hose. It is a tight fit with the JWT TT piping I had to do some trimming to the OEM fan shroud if its in the budget get some slim fans(I plan to soon). I have heard the JWT clutch is good OEM feeling. It might not hurt to look into twin plate clutches they have a near stock feel but way more clamping force, however they do chatter a bit when your car is in neutral without the clutch pedal pushed in I am very picky about the stock feel as well and the chatter is not enough to bother me.

I also have painter valve covers and polished timing cover with the cozi intake and all of my intake pipes are polished I would post some pictures but I am on an air card so it takes forever to load here is my build if you want to take a look I should be firing the engine for the first time tonight and I will get some pictures of it all in the car so you and get the idea its no where near as nice as the R-Rides crew though.

https://g35driver.com/forums/forced-...i-pec-ems.html

Old 07-19-2009, 10:26 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by visibiliti
^ From the research I have done, I have heard of many people finding the JWT flywheel too noisy? I might be way wrong- hope someone can confirm or correct.
Im not sure...people seem to swear by them, and by the power numbers you are looking for (400whp or so correct?) a multi-palte clutch may be a tad overkill.

Old 07-19-2009, 02:54 PM
XKR
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks good....Keep the pic's coming

Old 08-04-2009, 01:02 PM
Update!

Ok guys, been on vacation for a bit but am back now so thought I would update this with the lastest info about my stuff, and my latest question. I took all of the information above into account and much of it was very useful, here is what I ended up with:

-Sean finally finished his polished PS tanks, so that is in the mail on its way to me now.

-I ended up scooping up a new JWT Clutch and RPS Flywheel. I am really excited for this combo because the RPS flywheel is ~18lbs, so it should be less noisy than the JWT flywheel (~14lbs) that I heard a few complaints about, but still it's lighter than stock!

-I also pulled the trigger on a very slightly used PWR radiator.. super thick... originally it was out of my budjet but injected was offering a crazy deal on one so I had to rock it!

Now just about all I need is hoses, bolts, and... EXHAUST!

Help! I am pretty sure I will be going with a MD Exhaust but am trying to figure out which will work well with a boosted setup. Do I *need* the TDX system (where the X-pipe box thing is immeidately after their XYZ pipe and then it splits into two sections early on), or is their normal Dual system okay (where after the XYZ pipe there is the resonator/cat/straight module, straight midpipe, and then the X-pipe box split thing)?

Right now, I was considering going with the Gamma Dual. Don't want the shockwave))) cuz I can't deal with something that loud, but I heard the gamma was reasonable but still sounded awesome! Was even considering the motordyne VQ too, because I didn't want my exhaust to be very loud at all, but from what I've read I feel like I could deal with the gamma.

Any Motordyne boosted experts out there? Thanks.

Oh and I'll post pics of parts and stuff tonight haha

Old 08-04-2009, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by nyqueenz
where abouts are u in WA i use to live in Bermerton and Bellingham.
Oh, forgot to answer this. I'm in Southeast WA, the desert area Tri-Cities.

Old 08-04-2009, 04:23 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 458 Likes on 237 Posts
Picssssssssssssssssssss!!!

Old 08-05-2009, 12:13 PM
k i started adding pics.... they will be in post #3:
https://g35driver.com/forums/4398363-post3.html

And I am pretty sure I am going with the MD Dual Gamma w/ Resonator unless anyone chimes in.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My TT Install / Engine Bay Modification Journal :D -Input Welcomed