Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

For experienced

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 09:07 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Chef-j
I believe 600hp Turn key is for HR model.

To example, just simple TT for DE

Kit 5000
Injectors/fuel pump 1000
Build long block 7000+ ( You can do this for $4K if you piece that parts yourself ).
Clutch 2000
Brakes 2000 or less ( not needed, only a brain is needed. These cars have spetacular brakes for emergency stops. )
Standalone plus tune 2000+ ( not needed, utec is good enough and costs half )
Rfs 1000
Exhaust system 1000 ( not needed, cutout is cheaper and better...under $200 )
Gauges xxx
And etc (whatever you wants to add)

That is pretty much 20k plus, I'm sure I missed some stuff as well. Like I said and other members did. Go ahead try. once you make 600 and drive everyday for month and let us know.
There...I just saved you almost $7K and reliability should not have been affected in the least bit. The VQ isn't the most expensive engine to build...it's just that the owners think they are. As I said before, I'm not new to this...just the VQ it's self.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^Haha everyone started from like you.psshh... Think you are the only good mechanic/tuner on this forum?lol Just simple reply your answer, utec can handle 600whp with out any problems? I had utec on my SC. And calling vq members thinks this is expensive? You think people are stupid to spend over 20k to reach 600whp? Lol

Like I said, good luck.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:27 AM
Blah blah is enough.

Keep my username, once you done send me a pm on here or my350z.com. No bs, you said you can do it. Prove it.

Old 08-08-2009, 11:57 AM
^Haha everyone started from like you.psshh... Think you are the only good mechanic/tuner on this forum?lol Just simple reply your answer, utec can handle 600whp with out any problems? I had utec on my SC. And calling vq members thinks this is expensive? You think people are stupid to spend over 20k to reach 600whp? Lol

Like I said, good luck.
I never said I was the only good mechanic....I just said I'm not new to this.

I know someone down here with a G who put down almost 750whp and he uses a utec. I don't have $20K nor $30K to put on my engine so I guess I can't play but I guess every single person with 600whp has put $30K into his engine setup.

I also never said people were stupid for spending $20K+ on 600whp....as a matter of fact I even said I would do the same if I actually had the money ( who wouldn't want the best of the best? )...but it's just not NECESSARY. People just spend money unecessarily on things that aren't NECESSITY...and I've proved it every time someone makes a list and posts unnecessary stuff...like yourself.

Blah blah is enough.

Keep my username, once you done send me a pm on here or my350z.com. No bs, you said you can do it. Prove it.
I can do it, and so can you....you just need to look at things differently and actually SHOP AROUND and think "do I REALLY need this?" Don't go and cry now because some thinks different from you...this happens on every single forum I've ever been on and there is always someone that comes along and proves that it can be done. I did it with my GTI and with my Grand Prix ( on the GTI I proved that the stock ecu with stock turbo programming can be good for 400+whp which everyone said was impossible and with the GP I proved that I could have a reliable mid 12 second car with the engine and tranny bone stock AND spending less than $3K which everyone would also say was impossible. )...too bad I won't be able to the same on this forum since I just don't have the money to go that far.

Old 08-08-2009, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by GT-ER
I never said I was the only good mechanic....I just said I'm not new to this.

I know someone down here with a G who put down almost 750whp and he uses a utec. I don't have $20K nor $30K to put on my engine so I guess I can't play but I guess every single person with 600whp has put $30K into his engine setup.

I also never said people were stupid for spending $20K+ on 600whp....as a matter of fact I even said I would do the same if I actually had the money ( who wouldn't want the best of the best? )...but it's just not NECESSARY. People just spend money unecessarily on things that aren't NECESSITY...and I've proved it every time someone makes a list and posts unnecessary stuff...like yourself.

I can do it, and so can you....you just need to look at things differently and actually SHOP AROUND and think "do I REALLY need this?" Don't go and cry now because some thinks different from you...this happens on every single forum I've ever been on and there is always someone that comes along and proves that it can be done. I did it with my GTI and with my Grand Prix ( on the GTI I proved that the stock ecu with stock turbo programming can be good for 400+whp which everyone said was impossible and with the GP I proved that I could have a reliable mid 12 second car with the engine and tranny bone stock AND spending less than $3K which everyone would also say was impossible. )...too bad I won't be able to the same on this forum since I just don't have the money to go that far.
[QUOTE=GT-ER;4459806]it's just that the owners think they are. [QUOTE]
Then who's owners? And you saying that i know, i know how to do it, do you know? i know. i can do...Ok...i guess you know so much and you can do anything.

Check on my SC setup on my350z see if i have any UNNECSSARY parts on my car, maybe you can cut out my parts if you think its not necessary to have on it. So people save up more to going with standalone on build motor, is that unnessary to you? Why standalone over piggy back? go try yourself. Putting a custom 200 exhaust, you might love it but other people will hate standing next to it.
Spending money on brake to stop better at the track or drag racing, is it unnecessary to you?

I'm not talking about fancy G or Z, you can look at my car. I have nothing. It's just base on my experience, what it needed at least to make the car much realiable/safe on street drive.

Like i said, do it. I love to be one that saying " prove it ". Unless you have a crazy brand new hook up, it is hard to build 600whp under 20k. We are not talking about pick up used junk parts from 3rd party, or getto car that has no exhaust or just put on dyno make 600 one time and blow.

Edit: Sounds like you are the person who will say cut the spring to lower your car, it works

Last edited by Chef-j; 08-08-2009 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:25 PM
http://my350z.com/forum/shop-builds/...cams-vpro.html

looks like you like GTM kit. So here is i found one for you from GTM builds.

Old 08-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
http://my350z.com/forum/shop-builds/...cams-vpro.html

looks like you like GTM kit. So here is i found one for you from GTM builds.
Don't get to worked up over GT-ER's comments Chef-j, just consider the source. The more he talks, the more I am convinced that he is a 16 year old kid having fun starting **** in the forum. e.g., he claims to have all of this experience, but he started this priceless thread:

https://g35driver.com/forums/forced-...induction.html

Old 08-08-2009, 02:58 PM
[QUOTE=Chef-j;4460175][QUOTE=GT-ER;4459806]it's just that the owners think they are.
Then who's owners? And you saying that i know, i know how to do it, do you know? i know. i can do...Ok...i guess you know so much and you can do anything.

Check on my SC setup on my350z see if i have any UNNECSSARY parts on my car, maybe you can cut out my parts if you think its not necessary to have on it. So people save up more to going with standalone on build motor, is that unnessary to you? Why standalone over piggy back? go try yourself. Putting a custom 200 exhaust, you might love it but other people will hate standing next to it.
Spending money on brake to stop better at the track or drag racing, is it unnecessary to you?

I'm not talking about fancy G or Z, you can look at my car. I have nothing. It's just base on my experience, what it needed at least to make the car much realiable/safe on street drive.

Like i said, do it. I love to be one that saying " prove it ". Unless you have a crazy brand new hook up, it is hard to build 600whp under 20k. We are not talking about pick up used junk parts from 3rd party, or getto car that has no exhaust or just put on dyno make 600 one time and blow.

Edit: Sounds like you are the person who will say cut the spring to lower your car, it works
I never said under 20K...I said under 30K which is what everyone is stating. But I guess everyone just loves throwing money at things...

Old 08-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by TTG35forT
Don't get to worked up over GT-ER's comments Chef-j, just consider the source. The more he talks, the more I am convinced that he is a 16 year old kid having fun starting **** in the forum. e.g., he claims to have all of this experience, but he started this priceless thread:

Nope....28 years old. I guess the people at GTM are idiots for thinking they can get 600+whp out of a stock VQ37 with 11.0 compression. Those retards...

Old 08-08-2009, 03:17 PM
[QUOTE=GT-ER;4460263][QUOTE=Chef-j;4460175]
it's just that the owners think they are.

I never said under 20K...I said under 30K which is what everyone is stating. But I guess everyone just loves throwing money at things...

As I said before, GTM's 700hp TURN KEY kit + a fully built engine goes for about $13K...let's add $6K between clutch, axles, radiator, gauges, misc. You have $19K in parts. If you do the labor yourself, as I would then you just spent under $20K for a 600whp bolt on setup ( I say bolt on because everything is pretty much handed to you in a platter, not much piecing together is done which usually will save you even more ). I don't know how much GTM charges to install all of this but I doubt it's $11K.
I think i'm not good at english.

Not everyone just throwing money at things, I even myself not want. But things to try make safe/realible to myself, i had to fix/buy it things.

Old 08-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Nope....28 years old. I guess the people at GTM are idiots for thinking they can get 600+whp out of a stock VQ37 with 11.0 compression. Those retards...
Fixed:Why I feel so stupid after read this post...

Last edited by Chef-j; 08-08-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 03:25 PM

He asked to members and members gave him an advice and shared their experience(even other his thread). He ignore, He sounds like he knows his own stuff/questions( he didn't say it, he sounds like it tho). I don't mine talk to him and i don't care he makes 600whp with under 20k.

He better have a respect to other members who tried share their hard experience. He doesn't know that people's hard experience saves ton of money when people go FI.

Old 08-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That is the compression ratio they are stuck with using a stock motor, but it would not be their preferred compression ratio for a built TT motor.

Old 08-08-2009, 05:41 PM

I think i'm not good at english.

Not everyone just throwing money at things, I even myself not want. But things to try make safe/realible to myself, i had to fix/buy it things.
Hehe...Got me.

I have no problem with people throwing money at a setup...as I said before ( over and over again )...if I COULD...I would too. No disrespect...but just because 99% of people do it one way doesn't mean there can't be 1% that does it another.

Regardless...if anyone wants me to "prove" it...then just sent me $20K and I'll do it. If not, then I can't prove it because I don't have the cash. If that's what it takes for you guys to open your mind a little...then all I can say is you win I guess.

Old 08-08-2009, 05:45 PM
That is the compression ratio they are stuck with using a stock motor, but it would not be their preferred compression ratio for a built TT motor.
So wait...can you or can't you? Cause I recall reading a lot of posts that say the engine would blow up...yet it seems that it won't...I dunno. The topic wasn't about what was "preferred"...it was asking if anyone has tried it. It's pretty obvious what compression is preffered.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: For experienced