Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

JWT Turbo numbers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
JWT Turbo numbers

Basically i like the power curve on the 530 jwt setup more than the power curve on the 700b setup. So heres the dilima. I live in virginia. I have to drive up to new york to have the kit installed. The 700b tuned setup lays down over 500 to the wheel while the 530 lays down about 400. So if i have my block work done i have to drive all the way to new york with low compression pistons and no forced induction. I dont even know if it will run right like that. So basically i would like to get my 530 kit installed and tune to 400hp, drive it back then have my block done then have it retuned. My end goal is about 500 hp to the wheels. How much can you get out of the 530 setup before the turbos run out of breath. Sorry for the way this is asked but i couldnt think of a better way.

The difference between the kits is the 530BB comes with GT25 turbos, the 700BB kit comes with GT28 turbos

Attached Thumbnails JWT Turbo numbers-jwt_tt_dyno_530.jpg   JWT Turbo numbers-garret-bb-700.jpg  

Last edited by Arrington329; 02-03-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:53 AM
XKR
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
So let me see if I get this correct.....

You are going to first install a turbo kit... Then drive the car back... Then have them remove the motor and turbo.. Then have the motor built then install again....

I hope this is not your plan!!!!! You said you are going to have the turbos install in NY.... So I am thinking VTR is doing the work... If that's correct... Why not have them do the build and turbo insralll?????? That would save you tons of money... Tons of time and headaches.

Btw.... I have had the 700bb and the 850bb on my car before.... IMO... I would go with the 700bb. Why install the 530bb on a built motor??? Yes the 530 spools up faster than the 700bb on paper. I have driven in cars with both setups and you can hardly feel the later spool up of the 700bb.... BUT. You will feel the difference in power in the mid to top end of the 700bb.

Last edited by XKR; 02-04-2010 at 11:04 AM.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:04 AM
i want to install the motor

I want to do the work myself... i would install the turbo kit if i could get it but you have to go through a jwt authorized installer. I would just need a good tune after. From what i hear vinny ten is awsome and does really clean work. plus i can stay with my sister inlaw while the work is done. I would like to have the engine work done before i take the car up to get the kit installed but i dont know how it would drive with 9.1 compression pistons in it with no f/i

Old 02-04-2010, 11:09 AM
i do agree tho

I would also like to add that you would be right to call me a tard if i went to get the turbo installed then taken back off to put the new block in to then be reinstalled...... Maybe i could do the block then pay to have the car shipped..... But that still didnt answer my question.... Does anyone know how much power those turbos can generate before they run out of breath.... i dont think i would get anywhere near maxing out the 700bb setup and that would seem like a waist....

Old 02-04-2010, 11:12 AM
XKR
I edited my post above******

Why do you have to go with the JWT?? Why not the GTM GT series?? They have more to pick from.... And if you know how to build s motor yourself... A GTM turbo install will be nothing for you.... Take it from someone that has used two of the JWT kist and have now upgraded to the GTM kit.... Click on my sig below and you will see info on my car...

Old 02-04-2010, 11:17 AM
XKR
Originally Posted by Arrington329
I would also like to add that you would be right to call me a tard if i went to get the turbo installed then taken back off to put the new block in to then be reinstalled...... Maybe i could do the block then pay to have the car shipped..... But that still didnt answer my question.... Does anyone know how much power those turbos can generate before they run out of breath.... i dont think i would get anywhere near maxing out the 700bb setup and that would seem like a waist....
Lol.......

I made 550 whp on a Dynamic Dyno and 600 on a dyno jet..... This max and my car was fully loaded....I have a MT .... AT you can expect to see around 500 whp on a DD.

Like I said... Look at the GTM turbo kits.... You can't go wrong there. If you still end up going with JWT... Please don't install the 530bb on a built motor.... You always want to have more room on a turbo kit then you plan for at that time... Because .. Few months later you will want more.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:26 AM
gtm huh

Ill have to look at the dyno curves to decide. I rode in a 530bb jwt 350z and the instant power got me. I like smaller more responsive turbos. Then again i rode in a t88 powered supra and that thing had me grabbing my seat belt like a lil ....... as for an engine build.... you just need to find a good machine shop and they will do all the hard stuff... or in my case since i need it done fast (cars my daily driver) ill prob just order the shortblock and do it in my buddys garage over a long weekend or take a week off work... one of the biggest problems in virginia beach is finding a shop that wont go out of business before you car is finished.

One problem with gtm that i found is where the air filters are located. Virginia beach floods alot. I would run the risk of sucking up water.

Last edited by Arrington329; 02-04-2010 at 11:44 AM.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:21 PM
XKR
Originally Posted by Arrington329
Ill have to look at the dyno curves to decide. I rode in a 530bb jwt 350z and the instant power got me. I like smaller more responsive turbos. Then again i rode in a t88 powered supra and that thing had me grabbing my seat belt like a lil ....... as for an engine build.... you just need to find a good machine shop and they will do all the hard stuff... or in my case since i need it done fast (cars my daily driver) ill prob just order the shortblock and do it in my buddys garage over a long weekend or take a week off work... one of the biggest problems in virginia beach is finding a shop that wont go out of business before you car is finished.

One problem with gtm that i found is where the air filters are located. Virginia beach floods alot. I would run the risk of sucking up water.
please look at my setup.... I have the bIg GT35r... But you will be shocked to see how fast they spool up. Also you will also see where my filters are located.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/808731

So if quick spool up is what you are looking for with the feel of power .... That's more of a reason to get a custom GTM kit. Remember... I have owned 2 of the 3 kits that JWT makes....

As far as shops.... PFS and Franks garage I am told is top notch. Go to my35z... They have a listing of all the GOOD shops in your area.

Last edited by XKR; 02-04-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:36 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
XKR is right don't pay to have a TT kit installed then pull it all out to drop in a built motor.

I had the 530bb kit on my stock block and a friend had the 700bb kit on a stock block the spool is not much different maybe 300rpm diffrence. The 530bb kit leaves no room to grow, one of my biggest regrets was not getting the 700bb kit to start with. I also agree with XKR maybe look at a GTM kit, Sound Performance kit or if you want the twin intercoolers real bad get a Speed Force Racing kit all are vendors on my350z.com. The way you are doing things one of these kits may better suit you as they are much easier to install with the engine out anywayso you could do it yourself. I love the JWT kits I had the 530bb now the 850bb kit. My 530 kit I only had tuned to 420whp the kit numbers are supposed to be an indication of horse power at the fly wheel I think. However I have seen close to wheel horse power numbers out of the 700 and 850bb kits you might get 500whp out the 530bb but the turbos would be strung out.

Or have what ever shop you got to install the built engine and TT kit at the same time. Good Luck let us know how it goes.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:09 PM
XKR
^^^^ well said...

Why go through all that trouble for the JWT ... ( Dealer install only)... when you you can go with another kit that you can DIY.

OP... You should come to Zdayz In May in North Carolina........ There will be hundreds of G/Z there lots with FI. Sylvan Lake will be doing the 7 hour drive from Canada

Last edited by XKR; 02-04-2010 at 01:24 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow. Thats like building a new house, running all the electric, putting up the drywall, do all the painting, and then calling the plumber to install all the plumbing through the house.

Old 02-04-2010, 04:06 PM
XKR
Originally Posted by liche
Wow. Thats like building a new house, running all the electric, putting up the drywall, do all the painting, and then calling the plumber to install all the plumbing through the house.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:26 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
+1 to the above. Get a GTM kit with the GT28 turbos. I have a modified 700bb kit, modified to be like the GTM kit! (If only it had been available sooner). Here is the dynosheet at 14-15 psi (add 5% for a MT):

Old 02-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
The best part is his time schedule and this being his DD.

good luck with that. I think the greddy 20g is the best option for a home DIY'er. Better fitment, easier install. and 20gs will make as much power as you could want. Not to mention this guys been taking under $6,000 for the kit. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=290393095646

Dont listen to these pocketbook ricers that posted above me. Every thing is easy when someone else is doin the work

Old 02-05-2010, 04:46 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Easy is nice! I can appreciate all the hard work someone else put into my car - no need for me to actually do it...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: JWT Turbo numbers