Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Need help with a nitrous system install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 08:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help with a nitrous system install

I decided that I'm going to install a ZEX 75 shot wet kit. I'm going to need some help with the install (I have no idea how to retard the timing and I'm not sure if I should go one or two step colder on the plugs).
I'm not a heavy duty racer, what I'm looking for is a sleeper street system that will only come on above 35K RPM. It is very improtant that this system is as close to bullet-proof as possible 'cause I don't want to damage my engine.
I'm in Redondo Beach CA.
I'm goint to post this on 6MT and FreshAlloy forums.
Terry

Old 09-17-2004, 08:23 PM
Re: Need help with a nitrous system install

oops, make that 3.5K RPM.

Old 09-19-2004, 09:27 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

i would get one step colder spark plugs
an MSD ignition is the only way your going to configure the system to go on at certain RPMs. Installation is fairly easy. For safety, I would get a fuel pressure Stop Switch. Helping out on an install tomorrow for a 75 wet shot, let me know if you have any more questions.

If you would like to contribute to my "FI Fund" please make PAYPAL payment to "yakko1zzz@aol.com"... Thanks

Old 09-19-2004, 10:50 PM

Pearl;
Thanks, I do.
Do you have any experience with, or opinions about the Venom systems. As I undersatnd it, they seem to be a combination of wet and dry kits where nitrous is injected after the MAF and the extra fuel is made up by the injectors which are signaled bu the supplied control unit. They also monitor the oxygen sensor to detect a lean condition.
Terry

Old 09-20-2004, 08:48 PM

I have no experience with Venon systems but any system or aynthing you can buy that measures your Air/Fuel is a must. A guage will work. On nitrous, well on most applications, it is better to run rich than lean. For our cars, a wet system is ideal, I am not too sure about the added fuel from the injectors. I have used a system with the fuel and nitrous being injected at the same point after the MAF into the intake. I would make sure the kit comes with a bottle pressure gauge. Where do you plan on mounting it and are you going to add a purge kit??

If you haven't pruchased a system yet, drop me a PM and I can give you some more information.

If you would like to contribute to my "FI Fund" please make PAYPAL payment to "yakko1zzz@aol.com"... Thanks

Old 09-23-2004, 05:17 AM

I have experience with the NX wet kit in my supercharged Miata. This kit activates at WOT. I use a MSD RPM Window switch to turn on and off at certain RPMs. I also have a nitrous air/fuel cutoff switch. It will shut off the nitrous if you run too rich or lean. I would start off with 35hp shot and see how that goes and then work your way up. Getting a progressor is a good idea if you have money. Instead of shooting 75hp at one time it will gradually build up to 75hp like a turbo or supercharger. Get it dynoed during the testing phases. Note: most places don't like to work with nitrous and most likely they will have you sign a release incase something goes wrong.
Honestly it is fun to have nitrous set you back in your seat but I'd rather you save up for a supercharger or turbo. You will like it much more especially when you can use it at anytime.
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/blackdragonmiata/
http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Pages/Home.htm
http://www.speedshop.org/store/Scripts/default.asp

Old 09-23-2004, 08:18 AM
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I were you I would buy the MOST STUFF to go along with your NO2 to be the safest. I.E. Bottle Heater, Remote Bottle opener, etc.

Thanks - Joey Avino

Old 09-30-2004, 02:41 PM

Let me know if you nedd some pointers I just installed all the Goddies on my Z with the ZEX kit.

Old 10-07-2004, 05:22 PM

like mentioned before 2 most impotant things are the window switch and fuel pressure regulator, that's to save your *** if you over rev the engine. other two things that would greatly enhace your kit would be the purge valve and bottle heater.

Old 10-08-2004, 06:56 PM

I decided to go with the Venom system, It will arrive next week.
Probably try to start the install next weekend.

How does a fuel pressure regulator help?

Old 10-09-2004, 06:42 PM

It shuts the system down if you loose fuel pressure, that way it won't spray nitrous by itself and ruin your motor. It also tells you that there is a fuel problem...

For only $1 you can help the Central FL G35 group become something big. For less than the Sunday paper YOU can bring hope to your fellow members.
Send your $1 to PayPal address:
yakko1zzz@aol.com

Old 10-11-2004, 01:12 PM

if you by any chance over rev the car, automatically your computer will shut off the fuel supply to the engine which if this happens while nitrous is being fed to the engine it will cause detonation to happen, with the fuel pressure regulator if you over rev the car and your fuel supply shuts off as soos as the fuel pressure regulator detects that the fuel pressure is not the same it shuts off the nitrous to prevent detonation