Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35
View Poll Results: Would You Go Forced Induction Again???
YES
72.73%
NO
27.27%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Would You Go Forced Induction Again???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 06:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would You Go Forced Induction Again???

Would you do it again?? All of this stuff we talk about and do in this section of the forum Forced Induction

I know everyone has different views on their FI experience... Some good some Bad...

Some have blown up their engines trying to achieve their goals and had to almost start back at square 1 to get to their goal...

Some have achieved insane horsepower and put thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars into their car/engine and I am sure have been satisfied after all was said and done...

Some have added a turbo kit and are happy with running low boost but still be able to achieve around the 400hp mark...

Some have built their own setup by themselves, others have gone to shops for a professional install/build...

These are just a few categories of many. I am just interested in what people think after having completed their cars and use them to the full extent. While yes, most of us love the need for speed, the rush of being thrown back in your seat and loving every second of it, BUT it did come at a price and a very expensive price.

So it just comes down to this...

Would you do it again???? Flip back a couple of years knowing what you know now about what it took, would you still do it? Yes, there are things we might of changed (parts, shops, etc..) but in general would you go through this again??

If I had to do it again, I would say YES. Building this engine and car in my garage I must admit was more work then I really imagined A LOT more lol also including price I have dropped around $24k-26K into my car. I never thought I would put that much in but I did lol. However, at the end of all of this not only did I build a car that can hit 600+ whp but I have gained a TON of knowledge! I must admit it, it puts a smile on my face when I look at my car and know that I was the one that installed those pistons, bolted on that turbo kit, Ran that custom fuel feed/return system. It was hell and a very long road but I did get there....

There are those people I was calling all the time asking questions and they know who they are and I thank them VERY MUCH!

Old 08-10-2010, 07:27 PM
Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts
I would still do it. To be perfectly honest I wouldn't want to drive or even own the G/Z without some sort of FI at this point, turbo preferred. I drove a stock G37 with paddle shifters a few months back and it felt like a 4-banger in comparison. My buddy recently drove my TT G and almost wished he hadn't when he got back into his N/A G LOL.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:45 PM
Administrator
Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts
I drove my friend's NA G35 and it didn't have the oomph I'm used to.
I didn't want to hurt his feeling then he got into my car and was ready to take
out a loan to get Fi'd.

I do most of the work myself except for the initial TT installation since it was a package deal but since then I have built my own motor and installed said motor.

Sometimes I see Fi cars go for sale for the same amount that I have spent or even less sometimes and in the back of my mind I wish I could have bought it already built but then again I have learned so much that if something goes wrong i know every bolt and nut and can fix it easily instead of having to go to a shop for something minor.

I would still do it

Old 08-10-2010, 08:09 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by djamps
I would still do it. To be perfectly honest I wouldn't want to drive or even own the G/Z without some sort of FI at this point, turbo preferred. I drove a stock G37 with paddle shifters a few months back and it felt like a 4-banger in comparison. My buddy recently drove my TT G and almost wished he hadn't when he got back into his N/A G LOL.
Same here!! I could never own a G/Z that was not boosted. Once you go boost you can never go back. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:18 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
No, I would sell the G and use the small fortune I spent on parts and labor to buy a much better car.... Or maybe do things differently and not get so carried away and obsessed with making rediculous amounts of power. If I was to keep the G it would need to be FI becuse it sucked NA.

That being said if i where to buy another car right now I would buy a G37 and TT it with the stock engine.

However after all of my engine failures I am building another engine this time myself with the help of a friend. To hopefully really enjoy the car for the first time in 3 years

Old 08-10-2010, 08:26 PM
Wings Nation

Received 626 Likes on 456 Posts
i would definitely do it again...should have done it sooner

Old 08-10-2010, 10:25 PM
Administrator
Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts
Don't worry Sylvan me and you in the same boat.

You with motor issues

Me with bodywork issues
(Now if someone made a thread saying do you regret your cosmetic mods I would resound fully have to say yes)

I'm hating on body shops with a passion

Old 08-10-2010, 11:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've been supercharged for only a few months, but it's been very reliable and the difference in power was HUGE ( I gained over 160whp ). I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

Old 08-11-2010, 01:42 AM
Really Needs a Life
Received 177 Likes on 136 Posts
well this is my 4th time around on FI so i think that answers your question.

once you go FI you can't go back - silverG
^+100000 our cars suck n/a lol

Old 08-11-2010, 02:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Never have..Don't need it 300rwhp to 325rwhp has been just fine the my last3 G's. But if you just want to go FAST for a 1/4 mile or so then spend that money and go through all the ups and down's of FI....

Old 08-11-2010, 02:57 AM
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
Hells yes. Im coming from a STILLEN stg2+4 kit. Sold it for stupid reasons and i regret it now lol. After i sold it i bought a single turbo kit, but then after purchase, i was left with no funds for tuning. So i would gladly return to a STILLEN kit for my stock block. But now i have plans of doing a fully built twin in the future. FI is always better. You have arguments with the wife tell her fine, let me go clear my head for a while. swooosh swoooossh

Old 08-11-2010, 03:05 AM
Wings Nation

Received 626 Likes on 456 Posts
Originally Posted by Team Punisher
Never have..Don't need it 300rwhp to 325rwhp has been just fine the my last3 G's. But if you just want to go FAST for a 1/4 mile or so then spend that money and go through all the ups and down's of FI....
what did you do to get 300-325rwhp N/A on your last 3 G35s?

Old 08-11-2010, 03:12 AM
Really Needs a Life
Received 177 Likes on 136 Posts
^miracle mods?

Old 08-11-2010, 03:36 AM
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
Probably itb's, custom vk56 intake manifold, stillen oil pan ???

Old 08-11-2010, 09:13 AM
Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts
Must have been church's dyno?? LOL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Would You Go Forced Induction Again???