Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

FI: we're not in Kansas anymore...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 03:14 PM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
First hiccup:

Got everything unpacked and everything looks to be in good order. One concern is that a couple of the bags of smaller parts were open and there were some parts floating around in the box. And the box had a small hole in the bottom- though it'd have to be by some act of gord- er, god that they would weasle themselves out of there.

So I took it upon myself to find the parts list (included) and methodically go through and count every part. Dilligently, I poured through tiny pieces and brackets and studs... finding each one and proudly labelling it in my mind.

As I stood back to take pictures of all the pieces for my comrades in Driver, it occurred to me that after all my hunting around I was in fact missing two small, easy for me to miss parts:

The TURBOS!? And manifolds? Frick-

I had recently been down to the mailbox and noticed a parcel notification... and I was muttering to myself "Thanks postman, ya moron... I picked up all these parcels yesterday!"

Ooops. lol.

What happened was I ALSO received another unrelated parcel (none of your beezwax haha) and thought it was part of the 4 parcels the kit came in. I picked up 4 parcels... but only 3 the kit came in.

So off I go to grab the turbos.

Last edited by Eno; 11-18-2010 at 04:12 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck man! This should be fun. As others have mentioned... looking forward to following the progress and learning a thing or two.

Old 11-18-2010, 06:11 PM
Received 114 Likes on 50 Posts
I hope that "other" package you picked up isn't some sort of crazy fetish with blow up dolls.... Haha. Just sayin'

Old 11-18-2010, 06:17 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
^^ ** Wonders why that is the first thing you thought of... **

Old 11-18-2010, 06:41 PM
Received 114 Likes on 50 Posts
Ill admit, I'm a bit of a nympho. That's the only thing that I could think of that would show up in the mail that he wouldn't wana tell us about

Old 11-18-2010, 06:58 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
Originally Posted by CDN_G35
Ill admit, I'm a bit of a nympho. That's the only thing that I could think of that would show up in the mail that he wouldn't wana tell us about

A ball gag, maybe a gimp mask .

Anyway get some pictures up.....right meow.

I like that you refer/confuse me with God it has happened a few time before but usually when I was ***** deep on the gravy stroke .

Last edited by Sylvan lake V35; 11-18-2010 at 07:06 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:05 PM
Eno
Doesn't take too long for any thread to descend to the realms of the perverse and dispicable. I can state with no equivocation whatsoever that I will never, so long as I live, eat gravy- not even on the side!

Okay... so here is a pic of the upcoming mods. I did take a few closer up but frankly a bunch of things in bags didn't seem to exciting. Most of you would be thinking "Damn, that's a fricken nice hardwood floor!" And then someone would chime up with a story of the last chick they nailed on a hardwood floor. lolol. You fricken guys. I'm laughing my *** off at all you uncouth buffoons.

Included is the gauge cluster- which I must admit is going to be soooo awesome installed... But, I have a feeling I'm going to be hunting down an electrician / artist to redo all my cheesy orange dash gauges in blue LEDs. Oh my god... just the thought of it. Man! I think someone just peed in my pants.

Also is the spoiler I've been fixing for since I got the car. I'm making that appointment for the install now- before the turbo gets put in... and then I'll get the whole lot painted after it's done as a reward.

Okay- enough chatter. To the pics!

Oh, and PS: The OTHER package was 2 CPU heatsink fans- really high end stuff. Gord! Stop touching yourself. Christ, man.

Attached Thumbnails FI: we're not in Kansas anymore...-dsc00317.jpg   FI: we're not in Kansas anymore...-dsc00324.jpg   FI: we're not in Kansas anymore...-dsc00326.jpg   FI: we're not in Kansas anymore...-dsc00322.jpg   FI: we're not in Kansas anymore...-dsc00327.jpg  

Old 11-19-2010, 12:01 AM
Looks good i can't wait to see some progress pictures!!

Originally Posted by ITNKICN
But, I have a feeling I'm going to be hunting down an electrician / artist to redo all my cheesy orange dash gauges in blue LEDs. Oh my god... just the thought of it. Man! I think someone just peed in my pants.

I have a buddy that got his chev truck redone in blue LEDs it looked pretty darn good. I have had the dash out before, the lights are easy to change out .......maybe I will go do mine this week end , I thought the orange lights looked good my gauges change to several different colors so they match.

Old 11-19-2010, 12:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is quite the progress from only a year ago Ian!!

Nice pic of the intercooler!! At first glance I was like Damn, that can't be right, its so small sitting next to that Intake/exhaust valve...turns out it's a lamp (im guessing)

Spring should be interesting!!!

Old 11-22-2010, 12:50 PM
Eno
Thumbs up

Well good news! The turbos arrived with the manifolds I was sweating about and all is in good order. I haven't heard from the shop yet- but I suspect I'm more attached to email than many businesses are around here... so to the phones!

I'm including photos of the new parts... but leaving here (Sidney, BC where it's actually at just about sub zero temps today... booooo) tomorrow morning.

One thing that's got me curious:

I'm getting the turbo installed on the island, but the guy that was recommended to me to do the tune is in Vancouver. If I get the turbos installed with the fuel system I'm hoping to acquire in the next little bit- will the car even run enough to get on the ferry and to receive the tune? I do have a COBB right now- and access to that mapping software but I'm a long way from understanding how to run that yet. Will my existing map generated by LSI be enough to limp to Vancouver... Will I need to get it towed over? (God I hope not). Can I put it out there and grab a map from someone with a similar setup?

I'm not a computer moron- but I have had some trouble getting my head around these maps. Thanks for the feedback!

Attached Thumbnails FI: we're not in Kansas anymore...-dsc00335.jpg   FI: we're not in Kansas anymore...-dsc00336.jpg   FI: we're not in Kansas anymore...-dsc00337.jpg  
Old 11-22-2010, 10:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks awesome man, I remember when I first tasted boost, and I miss it soo....I plan on following this thread religiously and may be of assistance as I had a 5th gen celica alltrac(3sgte) not to long ago and did all the work myself

Just a few questions.
How many PSI are u planning on running?
How big is the intercooler core?
Are you gonna do any breathing mods like 3/3.5 inch downpipe/exhaust?

Good luck with the install bud!

Old 11-22-2010, 11:19 PM
I would doubt you would be able to much driving if any at all, with the 680cc (twice the size of stock) injectors your will flood the car out. COBB maps are not interchangeable, if someone had a custom map they would have to unload it from their car and then use the access port to upload it to your car. The chance of someone having a map for the same mods is fairly slim as well. The tuner could maybe set the COBB up to run 680cc injectors prior to driving it to their shop I am not even sure if they could do that with any accuracy maybe pull a bunch of fuel out of the tune i would ask them about it anyway.

Old 11-23-2010, 12:51 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^+1 you would only be able to do it if you pll a s**t load of fuel for now if you even want to do that...i would just tow it to the tuner. for the size injectors you are running you would have to minus 30-40% to run it there then you have the chance to hit boost which is another problem.

and i thought stockers were only 380's??

Old 11-23-2010, 09:23 AM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Congrats on the kit! your going to be putting out some nice power.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by 1hotvq
^+1 you would only be able to do it if you pll a s**t load of fuel for now if you even want to do that...i would just tow it to the tuner. for the size injectors you are running you would have to minus 30-40% to run it there then you have the chance to hit boost which is another problem.

and i thought stockers were only 380's??
I thought they were 330cc I could be wrong.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FI: we're not in Kansas anymore...