Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

nitrous on an 03 g35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 11:57 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Thank you, I got tired of trying to teach him something. A properly prepared motor can handle upwards of 800 crank HP, however it costs out the azzzzz. And when you get up into those levels two other problems pop up; head lift and cylinder wall oscillation. The cylinders are just sitting out there in the cooling jacket without any support on the sides. At some RPM, they start to oscillate, side to side and wreck the head gaskets. Very few people get up to this level and then push them hard all the time.

Like you said, SC, TC, NOS all accomplishes the same thing, higher cylinder pressures, the stock motor cannot handle more than about 400-425 crank HP and live long. The Rods are the weakest link. Add into that even the slightest bit of pre-detonation...

I thought long and hard about SC mine but when the temps are in the 100+ area of the summer and fall, I thought better.

Old 06-28-2011, 12:07 AM
Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by usdmg35
stock rods aren't good past 450 so when talking reliably i wouldn't push a car with 350 and stock rods and not expect a bad outcome. now if i had rods able to hold 600 and pistons just cause we were doing rods then i would feel pretty comfortable. . but once again this is about nitrous and not turbo so totally different subject but non the less simple pistons and rods, upgraded head gasket and possibly block gaurd, plus a tune and i would spray the hell outta my vq, and actually plan to here soon
Originally Posted by Texasscout
Thank you, I got tired of trying to teach him something. A properly prepared motor can handle upwards of 800 crank HP, however it costs out the azzzzz. And when you get up into those levels two other problems pop up; head lift and cylinder wall oscillation. The cylinders are just sitting out there in the cooling jacket without any support on the sides. At some RPM, they start to oscillate, side to side and wreck the head gaskets. Very few people get up to this level and then push them hard all the time.

Like you said, SC, TC, NOS all accomplishes the same thing, higher cylinder pressures, the stock motor cannot handle more than about 400-425 crank HP and live long. The Rods are the weakest link. Add into that even the slightest bit of pre-detonation...

I thought long and hard about SC mine but when the temps are in the 100+ area of the summer and fall, I thought better.

haha maybe i wanted to learn more about the cylinder pressure. and if you are referring to trying to teach me something then read how i already said in some cases you can't push these motors even on 350 hp without it giving out life before too long, as i have qouted above.

some people prefer to spray over going turbo, and prefer to have that power at the push of a button as opposed to the pushing of just the throttle. idk imma spray one motor and boost one motor so guess ill see first hand in the end. but guess this thread has turned more into a technical debate then anything else

Last edited by DailyDrivenCoupe; 06-28-2011 at 09:59 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:10 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
HAHA, thank god you are here giving expert advice. NOT

i ran 15-17psi on my setup for 2 yrs before selling. Stock motor was in pristine shape. The dyno and boost curve is in my for sale thread. And looky here, its from 2009. I thought you read everything. Surely you wouldnt have missed that

https://g35driver.com/forums/archive...460whp-dd.html

and I guess you have never heard of Sylvan Lake running 20psi on his stock block making 550+whp. I know you wouldnt have missed that either..

and what about this entire thread. All these cars are blown up as well? https://g35driver.com/forums/forced-...-you-push.html

Originally Posted by Texasscout
do your research dude. every and I mean every car that is stock and went over 5 psi is now toast. I have been on here of five years and I have read it all. NO ONE has survived above that with a stock motor.

Last edited by str8dum1; 06-28-2011 at 02:19 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:01 AM
Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
i almost posted that myself. some people are making really great numbers on their stock blocks and holding very well. me personally i don't wanna chance it, im sure sylvan as well as some of the others have at least another car they could take to work. haha in which i don't so i would be screwed. but the vq is definately a great motor and has great potential. thanks for posting those links. too bad the guy who started this thread doesn't comment anymore hahahaha

Old 06-28-2011, 10:29 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
No doubt there are plenty of stock motors making good numbers. Like someone else said, it's all in the tune. It's also in the care in driving and maintenance also. I live in an area where it's boiling hot most of the time and there are no good shops with a dyno to do a tune here. I chose to stay stock, that was MY decision. By all means go for it if you have the money and a Daily Driver.

Old 12-17-2019, 08:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blue g35
Originally Posted by Sylvan lake V35
I don't know any people running N2O on a G35 but I would say a 150 shot should be fine, a stock G puts around 220whp. CAI, intake spacer and exhaust put me at around 230whp. I would even hit it with a 200 shot.
go ahead and use a 200 shot on a g35 and let me know how it goes 😂😂

Old 12-18-2019, 09:57 AM
Received 115 Likes on 98 Posts
Are you a zombie?