Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

The Youngest G35TT Driver? Build Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 11:13 AM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Start looking for a 2nd car - a rental is not going to cut it - and welcome to the world of FI.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:26 AM
Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts
Good Luck on The Build bud but Mya (19 Yr Old Girl) Beat you with youngest twin turbo built not bought :-P

Old 07-06-2011, 06:40 PM
Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by KidStealthG35
Lol yeah this ship definantly shows her age!!! Terrible ship now, may have been the greatest in the navy at one point, but damn, its lost alot of that touch lol.

I am definantly expecting it to burst, when I dyno it. But I am not dyno'ing it until I move to Arizona, where I have 2 trucks and my 240 will be running steady again. So I will have access to 3 vehicles and the G35 will turn into my big Build project.

I am going to run low boost until I am in Arizona. The exhaust and test pipes will be replaced before my dyno tune with 3" cat back and 3" down pipes. The internals are all stock and I am expecting them with just rolling over 100K to pop eventually and I will push it on the dyno until it does pop, because I am rebuilding it anyway and I might as well have a little fun while I do it.
you dont need any test pipes anymore.. the Greddy kit comes with downs pipes.. however, i would upgrade your stock exhaust.. dont make sense to be restrictive..

Old 07-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats on picking up my buddy Fernando's(Eckoultd87) Twin Turbo kit. It's a great kit and very mildly used. Good luck with your build.

Old 07-07-2011, 05:14 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by rcdash
Start looking for a 2nd car - a rental is not going to cut it - and welcome to the world of FI.
Lol I have a 240 that runs, but not reliable right now (overheating) My wife is deciding between a Volvo S40 or an Audi A6 right now and in AZ I have 2 trucks. I am just in Virginia for the military so I dont have all my cars here lol.

Originally Posted by ilovez33
Good Luck on The Build bud but Mya (19 Yr Old Girl) Beat you with youngest twin turbo built not bought :-P
Thats why I put the question mark lol. But thats pretty cool did she make a custom kit?

Originally Posted by nyqueenz
you dont need any test pipes anymore.. the Greddy kit comes with downs pipes.. however, i would upgrade your stock exhaust.. dont make sense to be restrictive..
My kit didnt come with down pipes, i bought it used so i'm not sure if he kept the pipes or what, but it wasnt listed for sale. I want 3" downpipes anyway. Also, I have the XO2 replica 2.5" exhaust not a stock one. Thank you.

Originally Posted by Infinite1
Congrats on picking up my buddy Fernando's(Eckoultd87) Twin Turbo kit. It's a great kit and very mildly used. Good luck with your build.
Yeah he seems like a legit dude, I have ran into some issues with the kit, turns out JTran Studios didnt put all the pieces in with the box. But it's whatever, I got it for a good price so i'm not too mad about that, just mad about the delay, but delay is expected in EVERY turbo build.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:10 AM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by nyqueenz
Lance when i bought my Greddy kit and installed it....it didnt come with any down pipes as i used the factory cats.They blew out a month later and i bought test pipes.......see what happens when you dont install your mod's yourself....

The following users liked this post:
nyqueenz (07-10-2011)
Old 07-07-2011, 07:55 AM
Originally Posted by superchargedg
Lance when i bought my Greddy kit and installed it....it didnt come with any down pipes as i used the factory cats.They blew out a month later and i bought test pipes.......see what happens when you dont install your mod's yourself....
Yeah the 20G tuner kit comes with downpipes. I have the 18G kit but it has the upgraded 20G turbos and I have 650CC injectors with intercooler. So no downpipes. But the test pipes will hold up for a little while and the exhaust should be fine for now. But eventually downpipes.

Also,

I got the gaskets and I also purchased Innovatives A/F Gauge with LC1 and O2 Sensor for 170 bucks. Gaskets are estimated to arrive 17-25th July. Why so long? No clue lol.

Oh my wife got an INTEGRA the 4 door! Ugh lol. She said the Audi A6 was too big... I said the Integra is too gay. But then she came at me with the "I'm a girl, I'm allowed to be gay" And i agree with that lol.

So i found this site with Air Flow meter/Sensor, but It looks like the OEM one. Is this the same one for the turbo kit?

http://www.automotix.net/usedautopar...edae&seq_num=1

Old 07-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by superchargedg
That’s interesting because I didn't know that you can bolt up the factory ends on the cat/pipe to the back of the Exhaust side of the turbo..

That’s interesting because I didn't know that you can bolt up the factory ends on the cat/pipe to the back of the Exhaust side of the turbo..

Old 07-07-2011, 06:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Blackbird V35
PM me when you get tired of 400whp and need a fuel system to push it past that, my twin pump setup is for sale
not to thread jack but... cjm twin hangar?

Old 07-07-2011, 10:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What part of az you going to? Im originally from phx and had my g tuned by xact dyno. They did a good job on the car. I was tuned with uprev though. Your build looks really good

Old 07-08-2011, 06:44 AM
Originally Posted by lucid215
What part of az you going to? Im originally from phx and had my g tuned by xact dyno. They did a good job on the car. I was tuned with uprev though. Your build looks really good
Sierra Vista, AZ. Down by the border. I will have to look around down there but I know there are MULTIPLE tuners down there so it will be alot easier, especially with me having a few cars besides the G to drive.

So I ordered all the parts missing and now its the waiting game.

Cost me about 430 bucks for all the missing parts so the total cost of build including the new A/F gauge.

I went with Innovatives A/F Gauge with LC-1 and O2 sensor.

6500 for the kit
800 for install
430 for parts

7730 total so far. Not that bad.

Old 07-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LisbonsG35
Sierra Vista, AZ. Down by the border. I will have to look around down there but I know there are MULTIPLE tuners down there so it will be alot easier, especially with me having a few cars besides the G to drive.

So I ordered all the parts missing and now its the waiting game.

Cost me about 430 bucks for all the missing parts so the total cost of build including the new A/F gauge.

I went with Innovatives A/F Gauge with LC-1 and O2 sensor.

6500 for the kit
800 for install
430 for parts

7730 total so far. Not that bad.
not bad at all! was in more than that just for my kit XD props to you sir!

Old 07-08-2011, 06:46 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by ace32x
not to thread jack but... cjm twin hangar?
Phunk's twin fuel pump assembly....he is on my350z

Old 07-09-2011, 04:58 AM
Originally Posted by ace32x
not bad at all! was in more than that just for my kit XD props to you sir!
Thank you! And I got quite a deal on the kit. Granted some parts were missing, but hey... If thats the only trouble i get out of this build then it was well worth it. I'm sure something else will come up, but i'm expecting it so whatever lol.