Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

APS Intercooled Single Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 09:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am going to chat with Rob Fuller at the Z Garage in San Jose about the APS TT kit going into a sedan... he wants a G35 sedan for shows that would be an m5 killer...

Old 01-02-2005, 10:48 PM
Wouldn't the turbo be behind the cover that sits under the front?

Old 01-02-2005, 10:56 PM
if you want any info on the kit you may want to visit some other 350z forums.

Old 01-03-2005, 03:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by iLLG35
Wellll... I dont know wether you were really asking or trying to prove me wrong, but i always though there was more lag in a single turbo creating a much more powerfull boost ont he engine when it spools up and is in full boost, sort of like nitrous! TT's usually regulate boost so there isnt a lot of lag giving a nice smooth power delivery without causing a lot of stress ont he engine, i could be totally wrong or mislead but thats what i thought!
The amount of stress an engine sees will be more relate to the overall efficiencies of each system. Not how many turbos there are. Theoretically, if you had two smaller turbos that each has the same efficiencies at exactly half the airflow as a single larger turbo, then you would have exactly the same overall efficiency. Then it would just leave the plumbing and intercooling to be the remaining variables. If all were equal, none would be any less than the other. That being said, on a V6, TT has a slight advantage given the above conditions as you would have less heat lost in the cross-over. But considering this shouldn't be terribleand it would be unlikely that you'ld find the above conditions, you really have to look at what turbos are being used along with the overall efficiencies. Consider that many single large turbos have higher efficiency ratings than most of the smaller turbos that might be doubled up and used in it's place.

Old 01-03-2005, 03:29 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CKwik
The amount of stress an engine sees will be more relate to the overall efficiencies of each system. Not how many turbos there are. Theoretically, if you had two smaller turbos that each has the same efficiencies at exactly half the airflow as a single larger turbo, then you would have exactly the same overall efficiency. Then it would just leave the plumbing and intercooling to be the remaining variables. If all were equal, none would be any less than the other. That being said, on a V6, TT has a slight advantage given the above conditions as you would have less heat lost in the cross-over. But considering this shouldn't be terribleand it would be unlikely that you'ld find the above conditions, you really have to look at what turbos are being used along with the overall efficiencies. Consider that many single large turbos have higher efficiency ratings than most of the smaller turbos that might be doubled up and used in it's place.

ahhhh, thanks for clearing that up

Old 01-26-2005, 11:02 PM
aps
Banned
Originally Posted by G2FAST
Just found out that APS will also have a single turbo! But will they come out with this kit for the G also?
Apologies for my late post, just back from holidays. The short answer is YES. APS will test the single turbo on the G35 over the next few months and if all goes to plan expect a May/June release for the APS intercooled single turbo system.

Thanks

Peter

Old 01-26-2005, 11:07 PM
aps
Banned
Originally Posted by damen
would you be able to pass smog with their high flow cats?
Damen with the optional APS cat converter I'm confident that the APS Intercooled single turbo system will pass the US federal smog test........... (IM 240 federal smog test from memory).

Thanks

peter

Old 01-26-2005, 11:15 PM
aps
Banned
Originally Posted by GurgenPB
This will be THE kit to get IMO for the conservative-minded (i.e. those who want to keep their engine from failing FOR SURE). Again, I will reserve final judgement until later. However, it is VERY promising.
Thanks for your kind words of support, we have a lot to live up to now.

No doubt APS will do all in our power to design and produce a very complete and safe/reliable intercooled single turbo system to suit the G35.

Much of the engine reliability factor will depend on the fuel octane utilised and the engine tuning maps, this is one area where APS techs will spend a good deal of hours in development to ensure safe engine tuning data.

Thanks

Peter

Old 01-26-2005, 11:47 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ i believe that. you folks already rip s.hit up with the "boxer's" and the "mits." good job.

Old 01-28-2005, 02:53 PM
aps
Banned
Originally Posted by iLLG35
I thought Single turbos create more stress on the engine?
Not sure if you meant mechanical or thermal stress loads, these loads will be virtually identical at similar boost levels/power levels for each design.

Thanks

Peter

Old 01-28-2005, 03:11 PM
aps
Banned
Originally Posted by Profile4
the thing that turns me off to these types of kits is the location of the turbo. being that some of us live in NY with all the snow and weather change, just imagine that turbo drudging along in the snow every day. all i'm picturing is system cracks out the ****. run that badboy redhott in subzero weather and see how long that housing and manifold lasts.
I very much doubt that snow will ever cause a problem for the turbocharger or exhaust manifolds, as a large sheild protects both components from all external elements.

The main benefits of this turbo position is the high temperature generated by the turbocharger is outside the engine compartment, not only does this turbo position protect many other engine components from extreme heat soak and possible damage, the power delivery is higher and more consistant due to lower engine compartment air temperature and hence greatly reduced engine heat soak.

Thanks

Peter

Old 02-06-2005, 05:37 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by aps
Apologies for my late post, just back from holidays. The short answer is YES. APS will test the single turbo on the G35 over the next few months and if all goes to plan expect a May/June release for the APS intercooled single turbo system.

Thanks

Peter
Peter just wondering how project single is going for the G35? Anything new? I really want to know if this kit will be carb legal? Any #'s?

Old 02-06-2005, 08:08 PM
from what i've heard, they haven't received their G35 coupe yet to do any testing on it. they will do the TT set up first then the single T for our cars. i would guess that it may be sometime in the fall or later before we see it for our cars. too bad.

Old 02-06-2005, 08:28 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by damen
from what i've heard, they haven't received their G35 coupe yet to do any testing on it. they will do the TT set up first then the single T for our cars. i would guess that it may be sometime in the fall or later before we see it for our cars. too bad.
When is the TT set to come out? Will they try to make it carb legal? I would think they would want to get this out right away, the G35 market is growing. I wonder if the JWT and Turbonetics come out before APS?

Old 02-06-2005, 09:12 PM
i would say yes that both of those other kits will be out before the APS TT kit. the APS TT kit is projected to be released sometime in may/june.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: APS Intercooled Single Turbo