Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

APS Intercooled Single Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 12:13 AM
aps
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G2FAST
Peter just wondering how project single is going for the G35? Anything new? I really want to know if this kit will be carb legal? Any #'s?
Lots of testing is going on with the APS single turbo system project and to date we are very pleased with the results, I'm confident that this new APS single turbo system will be pound for pound the best performance FI for dollars spent, the performance is truely awesome and I believe the APS single turbo system (GT 35 dual ball bearing turbo) may embarrass some of the more expensive less complete twin turbo systems.

The APS single turbo system is NOT designed to be CARB legal though with the APS optional cat converter the system should meet the US federal IM 240 US engine emisions verification test.

There are preliminary power figures on the APS web site, here's the link http://www.aps-350z.com/350z/single/it_system.htm

Thanks

Peter

Old 02-12-2005, 11:52 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Peter,

What are the release date's for the ST & TT for the G35 coupe? Would it be easier to get the TT carb legal? Any idea on pricing?

Old 02-14-2005, 03:32 PM
This kit is just what I'm looking for. I hope that the price isnt too much more then the Turbonetics one. ... yea any idea on pricing???

Old 02-14-2005, 05:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by aps
Lots of testing is going on with the APS single turbo system project and to date we are very pleased with the results, I'm confident that this new APS single turbo system will be pound for pound the best performance FI for dollars spent, the performance is truely awesome and I believe the APS single turbo system (GT 35 dual ball bearing turbo) may embarrass some of the more expensive less complete twin turbo systems.

The APS single turbo system is NOT designed to be CARB legal though with the APS optional cat converter the system should meet the US federal IM 240 US engine emisions verification test.

There are preliminary power figures on the APS web site, here's the link http://www.aps-350z.com/350z/single/it_system.htm

Thanks

Peter
Did I read that right? The preliminary results are 386 rwhp?! AND this is supposed to be an extremely safe setup?! Wow if that is true and the price is decent people will be lining up for this kit!!!!

I myself have all but dropped the idea of FI because I have no interest (or financial abilitiy) in paying a lot of money only to blow my engine. Also have no interest in that Stillen hood and relatively weak power for the money. BUT I'd be lieing if I didn't admit this kit is starting to peak my curiosity.

btw...no disrespect to those that have went with FI. You guys are the true pioneers!!! I just can't afford to jump into the deep end like you is all.

Last edited by Sinurgy; 02-14-2005 at 05:59 PM.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:12 PM
I'm in the same boat, Sinurgy... that's why I've dumped about $5k (my previous F/I fund) into wheels and body mods the last couple months instead of going with a Vortech like I previously planned...

but now, plans have changed looks like it's time to start saving for this... this is the best thing to happen to the G and Z F/I community in some time... now just don't disappoint us with the price, Peter!

Old 02-25-2005, 03:55 PM
Any more up dates on this ?????

Old 02-25-2005, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by M3this
Any more up dates on this ?????

Need some updates???

Old 02-28-2005, 06:40 PM
I have been discussing this kit at lengh with a lot of my good friends that I met here on the boards. If I were especially concerned about safety, something that I can uniquely appreciate only after i had the experiences that I had, this is the VERY kit I would go with. Nothing even comes close IMO. Given the much lower price point of the ST kit compared to the TT version, spending about hte same amount of money on incomplete and far inferior supercharger systems that we have on the market for our car simply no longer makes sense. I should disclaim this by saying that this applies to our street cars insofar as reliability goes. There are valid reasons out there to get a centrifugal supercharger instead of an ST system. Actually, the ONLY valid one that I now as far as that goes is somewhat more predictable power delivery, as boost is directly and linearly related to RPM. As I have maintained before, turbos are NOT, are NOT, inherently less safe just by virtue of being turbos.

Old 03-01-2005, 09:39 AM
Ohio G Club Member
Gurgen,
What is your opinion of usable torque on the ST? Is it at a low enough rpm to reduce the dreaded turbo lag? I'm back and forth between the ST & TT and don't want to be sorry I didn't go for the TT and its broader torque range.

Thx

Old 03-01-2005, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by BrianlG35C
Gurgen,
What is your opinion of usable torque on the ST? Is it at a low enough rpm to reduce the dreaded turbo lag? I'm back and forth between the ST & TT and don't want to be sorry I didn't go for the TT and its broader torque range.

Thx
Hey Brian

I really cannot answer that question without looking at a dyno chart or talking to Peter, which I will be doing soon. But, this is not going to be a T4-like lag behavior. They use a state of the art Garrett twin ball-bearing turbos. You will probably not have as smooth and stock-like torque curve as with the TT. But, I would bet that it will not be a real issue, and may be a worthwhile tradeoff for the $2000+ savings.

You will have at least 40 more ft-lb of torque than a centrifugal SC, not to mention a much more free-revving/streetable engine. Considering that the SC will be all tuned and good-to-go as soon as you finish the install and plug in the unichip (no more tuning necessary, and the piece of mind that you have a PERFECTLY tuned car, and not one that's just tuned for full-throttle operation) for about the same or smaller price factor (if you consider the tuning/dyno charges).

I wish I was jsut getting into this whole modding thing NOW, and not 6 months ago..

Old 03-01-2005, 11:54 PM
aps
Banned
Peter,

What are the release date's for the ST & TT for the G35 coupe?
Not 100% sure about the single for the G35 though the APS TT systems should be in the states by June all things going to plan.

Would it be easier to get the TT carb legal?
Definitely will be posible to have the APS TT system CARB legal though APS have no plans to attempt a CARB test for the single turbo system, the APS single turbo system should pass the federal IM-240 hot engine emission verification test easily with the APS optional cat converter.

Any idea on pricing?
Should be able to confirm the MSRP in approx 4 weeks time.

Thanks

Peter

Old 03-02-2005, 12:01 AM
aps
Banned
Originally Posted by M3this
This kit is just what I'm looking for. I hope that the price isnt too much more then the Turbonetics one. ... yea any idea on pricing???
I believe you will find that the APS intercooled single turbo system will deliver awesome value for money, if you consider the engineering, quality, and the completeness of the entire turbo system.

In particular the GT series APS/Garrett GT35 water cooled dual ball bearing turbocharger is just one of the many features that delivers awesome engine response and total turbocharger reliability, all good.

Thanks

Peter

Old 03-02-2005, 03:00 AM
Peter thanks for answering our questions, keep us posted on both kits and one final question will both kits have one big IC or will you also be going to the two smaller IC? Any benifits in 1 or 2?

Thanks,

Josh

Old 03-02-2005, 12:22 PM
Ohio G Club Member
Originally Posted by GurgenPB
Hey Brian

I really cannot answer that question without looking at a dyno chart or talking to Peter, which I will be doing soon. But, this is not going to be a T4-like lag behavior. They use a state of the art Garrett twin ball-bearing turbos. You will probably not have as smooth and stock-like torque curve as with the TT. But, I would bet that it will not be a real issue, and may be a worthwhile tradeoff for the $2000+ savings.

You will have at least 40 more ft-lb of torque than a centrifugal SC, not to mention a much more free-revving/streetable engine. Considering that the SC will be all tuned and good-to-go as soon as you finish the install and plug in the unichip (no more tuning necessary, and the piece of mind that you have a PERFECTLY tuned car, and not one that's just tuned for full-throttle operation) for about the same or smaller price factor (if you consider the tuning/dyno charges).

I wish I was jsut getting into this whole modding thing NOW, and not 6 months ago..
Thanks for your reply and opinions. What do you think of Peter's opinion of not needing internals if your APS ST or TT is properly tuned at stock boost? This to keep the costs down until ready or not to turn up the boost? Then, if and when I am, install forged internals. At my age, I may be happy with 400whp for a long time.

Thx again for your input!

Old 03-02-2005, 12:49 PM
This does sound really great...and the single turbo def appeals to me more than a TT for some reason...

A few Questions...(im not super-familiar with turbos)

1. One large FMIC or two small? That is a great question...i think id prefer one large...

2. No internals on stock boost...what is stock boost for this kit? Can you go lower to be Extra safe? If not - what internals are needed FIRST, to make your engine "bulletproof" at a reasonalbe boost level?

3. Stock Clutch/flywheel? Will they have to go too?

4. Price? Greddy is around 6k i think...and so are the other TT's...will this be a lot lower? Like 3k-4k? Complete? If so WOW!

Thanks in advance!!! I cant even imagine owning a turbo-g35...WOW! So far this seems to be the best way to get there.....

Attached Thumbnails APS Intercooled Single Turbo-cosi-g35.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: APS Intercooled Single Turbo