Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

APS Intercooled Single Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 03:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
from what i've heard the single turbo kit will have one intercooler like the twin setup. which means if you have the stock front bumper, you'll have to have it replaced or cut open so that the intercooler receives enough air flow.

Old 03-02-2005, 04:59 PM
Ohio G Club Member
On 350zmotoring.com Peter/APS has mentioned the price will be around $5.7K to $5.8K for the complete kit.

Old 03-02-2005, 05:19 PM
aps
Banned
Originally Posted by G2FAST
Peter thanks for answering our questions, keep us posted on both kits and one final question will both kits have one big IC or will you also be going to the two smaller IC? Any benifits in 1 or 2?

Thanks,

Josh
Josh no problem at all to keep you guys updated over the coming weeks,will do my best to do so.

On the intercooler issue APS engineers have decided to replace the stock fascia/bumper with a new bumper with a much larger frontal opening as they have serious concerns regarding engine cooling at approx 350 to 400 WHP, particularly in high ambient conditions.

This new front bumper will allow much greater air flow to both the huge air to air intercoler and engine radiator, ensuring that the engine temperature is safe under full load high Horsepower operating conditions.

Imho one very large bar and plate style intercooler with internal and external finning which provides very low pressure drop across the entire intercooler system with a huge reduction in charge air temperature is the optimum intercooling solution for the G35.

It's my view that the more efficient the intercooling the greater chance to avoid engine detonation if the fuel octane ever drops off, and higher more reliable Horsepower can be generated by the colder more dense air, all good.

Thanks

Peter

Old 03-02-2005, 09:06 PM
aps
Banned
Originally Posted by GurgenPB
Hey Brian

I really cannot answer that question without looking at a dyno chart or talking to Peter, which I will be doing soon. But, this is not going to be a T4-like lag behavior. They use a state of the art Garrett twin ball-bearing turbos. You will probably not have as smooth and stock-like torque curve as with the TT. But, I would bet that it will not be a real issue, and may be a worthwhile tradeoff for the $2000+ savings.
Hi Brian and Gurgen, I thought it might be worth me having a little input here, hope you don't mind me joining the party.

The APS single turbo system does have particularly impressive low to mid rpm grunt (both power and torque).

APS engineers have spent a considerable amount of time matching the single GT series dual ball bearing water cooled tubocharger to the VQ engine, combine this awesome turbo with a 10:1 static compression ratio and short smooth flowing exhaust manifolding and the engine performance (instant engine response) is really amazing.

You will have at least 40 more ft-lb of torque than a centrifugal SC, not to mention a much more free-revving/streetable engine.
Your correct Gurgen, the low to mid range torque of the APS single turbo system is really the significant benefit of the single turbo over to a Centrifugal SC, I'd say it's like comparing 6 psi boost at 3000 rpm for the single turbo compared to approx 3 psi from the SC, you can really feel this additional power on the road.

I wish I was jsut getting into this whole modding thing NOW, and not 6 months ago..
Gurgen you are one of the very first true pioneers who went down the TT path, you should be congratulated for all of the wonderful assistance and advise you provide to others who are following in your path, well done my friend, hope to catch up with you soon.

Peter

Old 03-07-2005, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by aps
Hi Brian and Gurgen, I thought it might be worth me having a little input here, hope you don't mind me joining the party.

The APS single turbo system does have particularly impressive low to mid rpm grunt (both power and torque).

APS engineers have spent a considerable amount of time matching the single GT series dual ball bearing water cooled tubocharger to the VQ engine, combine this awesome turbo with a 10:1 static compression ratio and short smooth flowing exhaust manifolding and the engine performance (instant engine response) is really amazing.

Your correct Gurgen, the low to mid range torque of the APS single turbo system is really the significant benefit of the single turbo over to a Centrifugal SC, I'd say it's like comparing 6 psi boost at 3000 rpm for the single turbo compared to approx 3 psi from the SC, you can really feel this additional power on the road.

Gurgen you are one of the very first true pioneers who went down the TT path, you should be congratulated for all of the wonderful assistance and advise you provide to others who are following in your path, well done my friend, hope to catch up with you soon.

Peter
Thanks very much my friend. Let's hope that people can learn from my experiences as if they were their own. I am always here to help.

Old 03-07-2005, 04:30 PM
So 5.7k to 5.8k for the WHOLE kit???

Then a few hundred for a new front bumper...

then a lot of cash to have the bumper painted, installed....then the turbo kit ahs to be installed...

So for about 7k you can have this kit???? does this sound correct? Am i forgetting anything???

Are there any other options for serious power for cheaper???

OHHHH, and MOST Importantly....how loud will the BOV be??? hahaha

Old 03-09-2005, 05:17 PM
Ohio G Club Member
Straight from the horses mouth today...

Today, 04:38 PM #405
APS

Quote:

The priority and total focus for the moment is the G35 Twin Turbo system, the testing should be completed by the end of March if all goes to plan .

Development and testing will then start on the single turbo system to suit the G35, if this proves to work as well as the APS single turbo for the Z car then I think it's very possible that a single turbo system will be released for the G35, I certainly hope so.

Thanks

Peter

Old 03-09-2005, 06:53 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by BrianlG35C
Straight from the horses mouth today...

Today, 04:38 PM #405
APS

Quote:

The priority and total focus for the moment is the G35 Twin Turbo system, the testing should be completed by the end of March if all goes to plan .

Development and testing will then start on the single turbo system to suit the G35, if this proves to work as well as the APS single turbo for the Z car then I think it's very possible that a single turbo system will be released for the G35, I certainly hope so.

Thanks

Peter

Old 03-09-2005, 08:17 PM
APS has a very good website, the best i have seen, really... www.airpowersystems.com

Old 03-10-2005, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by Pearlcoupeg35
So 5.7k to 5.8k for the WHOLE kit???

Then a few hundred for a new front bumper...

then a lot of cash to have the bumper painted, installed....then the turbo kit ahs to be installed...

So for about 7k you can have this kit???? does this sound correct? Am i forgetting anything???

Are there any other options for serious power for cheaper???

OHHHH, and MOST Importantly....how loud will the BOV be??? hahaha
What about gages? What about fuel management? What about the ECU/tuning time? Is $7K really a "real" number? Wouldn't it be much higher?

Old 03-10-2005, 09:28 AM
this kit is not even out yet and sound like everybody liking it.hmmm..because it looks good on paper?

Old 03-10-2005, 11:24 AM
Not out yet for G, but the TT has been out for 350z since Nov/Dec. Alot of hype, praises and good results/#s from my350z.com forum. APS has not yet confirmed if they will design a ST for G only the 350z. TT for G to be released May or June.

Last edited by GXCLUSIV; 03-10-2005 at 11:28 AM.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by neffster
What about gages? What about fuel management? What about the ECU/tuning time? Is $7K really a "real" number? Wouldn't it be much higher?
Neff... well that 's what I have been saying... APS is plug and play, their unit has already been tuned for the ecu that you have, and done so perfectly. Their fuel management is also complete.. Gauges are optional, but it does have the blow off valve and a boost controller...

Old 03-10-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by TINMAN
this kit is not even out yet and sound like everybody liking it.hmmm..because it looks good on paper?
Mostly because of the results gotten from the Z kit, with beliefs that hte g35 kit will be the saem, not to mention the strength of their engineering and tuning teams/efforts

Old 03-10-2005, 12:44 PM
sorry to ask without researching.
is there any numbers from the Zs? HP,Boost ect...?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: APS Intercooled Single Turbo