Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

APS Intercooled Single Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 02:02 PM
Ohio G Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's a couple guys with Zs who have the APS TT...

zippycar
Red Cars Go Faster!

I had about 13k on Zippy. I bet dollars to donghts that over 65% of them were on race tracks, or getting to and from them. I put the Twins on in December just before Christmas,and in Chicago during the winter, my Z does not get much action. However, after getting it out a few times on unseasonably warm days, I can say I now know what a crack addict must feel. OMG is it sooo awsome to drive. Tuan @ GRD did a real nice job of tuning it. She is at 443hp now and we are lookign to go to nearly 500. I would be very happy in the high fours, but 500 would be Sweet. The long term goal to to build as bullet proof a car as possible with all this new HP. Like adding oil and differential coolers. A dry Sump oil system would be the ultimate!

I will be getting the bottom end done by GRD and Tuan by the end of the March. Can you say 500hp?
Extensive MODs
Road Racing Setup

Zcool

I have the APS TT kit on my stock internals 350Z roadster. the only other mod is Nismo exhaust and Helix test pipes. The dyno test result you are referring to was run at time of installation after tuning for 7 psi and 91 octane gas. I have had some additional fine tuning done since then at 8 psi. Attached is a pic of this latest test showing 414 rwhp.

Old 03-10-2005, 07:14 PM
thanks Brian

414rwhp @ 8psi on nismo exhaust and helix test pipes
427.1rwhp @ 9.2psi on APS's website
443rwhp @ 8psi with extensive mods.

any other numbers?

Old 03-10-2005, 08:54 PM
Ohio G Club Member
Sure how about this....

zero2prove

505whp stock motor APS TT kit 93 octane

Just did some more playing around with the APS TT kit on our car. I wanted to see how far I can push our stock motor with the APS kit on 93 octane. Ran boost a little past 11 psi and she ended up making 505whp. Fueling became an issue at that power level and we aren't exactly sure why just yet. We do have an assumption already and will hopefully address it on the next tune.

Chart shows our stock car baseline HP in solid green, boost in blue and TT HP in dotted green. I didn't want to spend anymore time with it until we get the fueling resolved. I had planned to take her home with me tonight to take it for a spin but weather man says its going to snow.

Cheers,

Tuan Nguyen

Old 03-14-2005, 12:16 AM
Any updates?

Old 03-14-2005, 09:24 PM
aps
Banned
Originally Posted by G2FAST
Peter just wondering how project single is going for the G35? Anything new?
Right now APS engineers are testing the Twin Turbo system on the G35 and I hope to post pictures on the APS web site later on this week, the single intercooled turbo system will be tested next, I will keep you guys updated with any progress.

I really want to know if this kit will be carb legal? Any #'s?
In short the single turbo system will never be CARB legal, it's my clear understanding that removal or even changing position of the stock Nissan cats does not meet the CARB's strict requirements.

I think the best I can say is the single turbo system will be quick and easy to remove from the G35.

Thanks

Peter

Old 03-14-2005, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by aps
In short the single turbo system will never be CARB legal, it's my clear understanding that removal or even changing position of the stock Nissan cats does not meet the CARB's strict requirements.

I think the best I can say is the single turbo system will be quick and easy to remove from the G35.

Thanks

Peter

Not good news for us guys that live in Cali.

Old 03-14-2005, 10:13 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by aps

Thanks

Peter
Its a thinker! If it easy to take off and on it might be better than SC.

Old 03-14-2005, 10:35 PM
Its a thinker! If it easy to take off and on it might be better than SC.
^^ Agreed. Assuming they actually design a ST for the G. Guess JWT will be the only carb approved TT kit and will probably be released before the APS TT kit for the G.

Old 03-14-2005, 11:14 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by GXCLUSIV
^^ Agreed. Assuming they actually design a ST for the G. Guess JWT will be the only carb approved TT kit and will probably be released before the APS TT kit for the G.
The APS ST will be coming out checkout http://my350z.com/forum/showthread.p...29#post1322429

I'm not sure about JWT especially for 7k! APS TT is nice but for 7.5k is out of my budget. Whats left we have Vortech which is a good kit. APS ST and Turbonetics ST which are not as $$$ but good performance. This will be hard!

Old 03-14-2005, 11:20 PM
aps
Banned
Not good news for us guys that live in Cali.
True though no point misleading you either, unfortunatly the CA air resources board states that you can't change or alter the position of the factory Nissan cats and then test for a CARB EO.

Thanks

Peter

Old 03-14-2005, 11:27 PM
aps
Banned
[QUOTE=GXCLUSIV]^^ Agreed. Assuming they actually design a ST for the G. [\QUOTE] I;d say we should be testing the single turbo system on the G35 within the next month so ther's a better than even chance APS will release a single turbo system to suit the G35.

Guess JWT will be the only carb approved TT kit and will probably be released before the APS TT kit for the G.
Don't confuse the APS single turbo system with the APS Twin Turbo system, I'm confident that APS will achieve a CARB EO order for the APS Twin Turbo system.

The APS Twin Turbo system retains the stock Nissan cats in the stock position so I'm very confident that APS will pass the CARB engine emission test with the APS Twin Turbo system.

If you live in CA than I would definately recommend you consider the APS Twin Turbo system over the APS single turbo system if CARB approval is important to you.

Thanks

Peter

Old 03-14-2005, 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by aps
Don't confuse the APS single turbo system with the APS Twin Turbo system, I'm confident that APS will achieve a CARB EO order for the APS Twin Turbo system.

The APS Twin Turbo system retains the stock Nissan cats in the stock position so I'm very confident that APS will pass the CARB engine emission test with the APS Twin Turbo system.

If you live in CA than I would definately recommend you consider the APS Twin Turbo system over the APS single turbo system if CARB approval is important to you.

Thanks

Peter
Thanks Peter. That is good news for us guys in Cali.

Old 03-15-2005, 12:39 AM
Are the projected release dates still around June-ish? Any word on pricing yet?

Old 04-05-2005, 04:00 AM
aps
Banned
Hi Guys,

The APS Intercooled Single Turbo system web page has just been updated with a number of new images and additional information. There are many updates still to come over the next 3-4 weeks - hope you find the information interesting.

See http://www.aps-350z.com/350z/single/it_system.htm

Obviously, this is for the 350Z however, we expect only minor changes prior to completion of the G35 version.

George

Old 04-05-2005, 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by BrianlG35C
Here's a couple guys with Zs who have the APS TT...
BrianlG35C, from which board are these quotes from?

Thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: APS Intercooled Single Turbo